Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Well... i guess one football coach is ok according to some
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 44
| visibility 4,881

Well... i guess one football coach is ok according to some

Aug 14, 2020, 6:25 AM

Some of you act like there is an acceptable number of deaths. Lets hope its not someone you love.

https://news.yahoo.com/mississippi-school-reopening-########-looks-083800100.html

But i guess im just an idiot. What do i know? Every life matters to me. How silly of me.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Well... i guess one football coach is ok according to some

Aug 14, 2020, 6:27 AM

Link wont work cause of wording but a football coach in Mississippi has died from corona. And outbreaks are already starting from achool openings.

Aug 14, 2020, 7:01 AM

And nobody would die if we don’t play football ?

Aug 14, 2020, 7:17 AM

Maybe you are right. His family probably agrees with you. What do i know..

No point in trying to save one coach or kid. Lets just go about our day and lettem get sick.

Ridiculous.

Aug 14, 2020, 10:22 AM

Cornflakes said:

Maybe you are right. His family probably agrees with you. What do i know..

No point in trying to save one coach or kid. Lets just go about our day and lettem get sick.

Ridiculous.

Save them? Lol. What do you or me have to do with what an adult does (coach) or what they should or should not allow their kids to do (play)? Risks exist everywere. Driving a car or riding a bike to practice is just one of them.

We have flattened the curve. Time to get back on with living and stop the panic.

If you want to hide under your bed with a hazmat suit on to wait until your betters tell you that it is safe for you to come out then that is your prerogative. (Edit: That's probably a bad place to hide, because that is where scary monsters live so i'd pick someplace else to hide.)

I'm out and I'm letting my kids out to play sports. Don't worry about me or mine, because I certainly don't need you to save us.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 15, 2020, 2:25 PM [ in reply to Re: Well... i guess one football coach is ok according to some ]

My grandmother died of the flu. I never heard of anyone advocating closing things for flu, including you. Are you responsible for it should my entire family hate you?

Aug 14, 2020, 7:14 AM [ in reply to Re: Well... i guess one football coach is ok according to some ]

User Logo
Cornflakes
CU Guru [1105]
TigerPulse: 83%
Posted: Aug 14, 2020 6:27 AM

Link wont work cause of wording but a football coach in Mississippi has died from corona. And outbreaks are already starting from achool openings.

let me guess. you are a democrat. you get a check from the government every week. or maybe you work at the grocery store and get a check every week. please fill us all in on when it will be appropriate for us to actually having a life. i am guessing your answer is not until the virus is gone or maybe until the whole country is in the sh!tter.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 14, 2020, 7:18 AM

Dont talk to me. You are such an idiot.

Aug 14, 2020, 7:47 AM

Idiot?? You may want to look in the mirror.

Aug 14, 2020, 8:34 AM [ in reply to Re: Well... i guess one football coach is ok according to some ]

Found another that masks up while alone in the car.

Clemson doesn't care about basketball....as evidenced by Brown-L getting 14 years.

Aug 14, 2020, 1:41 PM

And whose loved ones live forever by avoiding unnecessary things that cause death, like football.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Something wrong with working at...

Aug 14, 2020, 7:19 AM [ in reply to Re: Well... i guess one football coach is ok according to some ]

the grocery store? I used to. And I’m a Republican.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Something wrong with working at...

Aug 14, 2020, 8:07 AM

ABSOLUTELY NOT. I WAS JUST PICKING OUT ONE OF THE SO CALLED ESSENTIAL JOBS.

Aug 15, 2020, 12:10 AM [ in reply to Re: Well... i guess one football coach is ok according to some ]

I'm a Democrat Deroberts. I don't recieve a goverment check. Never have. I'm too busy running my own business and working another full-time job as well. Nevertheless, I guess being a Democrat I must still be a lazy worthless slug huh??

What the hell happened to this board? For ten years I've loved coming on here everyday. Thought a lot of you Deroberts. Unfortunately,
it appears you've become just another hater. I'm done with TigerNet for good. Peace. ?

Aug 15, 2020, 4:51 AM

I before E except after C.

Aug 15, 2020, 3:22 PM [ in reply to Re: Well... i guess one football coach is ok according to some ]

what happened to this board is that there were no sports to talk about, which meant we got to see the actual, ugly demographics that dominate most sports message boards.

Aug 14, 2020, 7:28 AM

Link doesn’t work

Aug 14, 2020, 7:39 AM

Every life counts but unfortunately we are in a pandemic so people will die no matter what we do. The question should be what are the appropriate levels of safeguards to protect as many people as possible while protecting our quality of life.

Also, the coach who died had a BMI of about 42 so perhaps he should have exercised extra caution.

Aug 14, 2020, 8:17 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If you can see through your all-over facial mask,

Aug 14, 2020, 8:27 AM

please revise your screenname to Froot Loops. You are already denigrating the Kellogg's name. Why not choose the right cereal to match your personality?

Also, be sure to keep looking up because the sky is falling.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Re: If you can see through your all-over facial mask,

Aug 14, 2020, 6:34 PM

Maybe it’s the chicken on the Cornflakes box he identifies with/as?

Aug 14, 2020, 8:31 AM

This dead horse has been beaten to a pulp. My takeaway is that those who believe in personal responsibility and self risk assessment are all for getting back to some sense of normalcy in life. While those who believe that government knows best and should be able to make risk assessments and decisions for individuals want eternal lockdown or something close to it. Its as simple as that. Im partial to personal freedom for each to make what feel is best decision for themselves, family, and community. I am also fully supportive of you in your decision to lock yourself in the basement until you deem it safe to come out.

Aug 14, 2020, 8:38 AM

WHY IS THE POINT THAT PEOPLE THAT HAVE O BLOOD ARE VERY LESS LIKELY TO GET THE VIRUS. ALMOST 50% OF THE US POPULATION HAS O BLOOD. I IMAGINE ABOUT 50% OF THE FOOTBALL TEAM IS O. A LOT ON THE TEAM HAVE HAD IT. A LOT WILL NEVER GET IT. I GUESS TELLING PEOPLE THAT THEY ARE MORE UNLIKELY TO GET IT IS NOT PART OF THE NARRATIVE.

Personal Choice and Responsibility

Aug 14, 2020, 8:36 AM

Dear Cornflake:

I own a business. I employ 6 dedicated amazing people, all in different stages of family life. We discussed “shutting” down. But it turns out, they are essential employees to their respective families and wanted to keep going. For one older gal, we modified her scope to keep her out of a few of our riskier situations but lol asked her to do her part, so she is trying to quit smoking. Win win.

My point being, life is full of choices. As a grown A$$ man, that coach has many choices in life. No guarantees as to how they are going to work out. My guess is you couldn’t keep him locked in his house without armed guards. Like many of us, hiding from the world isn’t an option we choose. The risk from COVID just doesn’t scare us or shut us down. We move forward.

The Current loss of life is Tragic? Perhaps, but it also just part of life. As is the death of every moron who drinks and drives or smokes himself into a fat lung full of tumors. Sometimes you don’t get to choose, and bad luck gets you.

You are welcome to mitigate your risk by avoiding the outside world. Protect you and yours to whatever extent you deem necessary.

For those of us trying to keep the world moving. Contribute to the economy. Pay our bills. Live our lives, get off our backs. That coach, like the lady checking you out in the grocery store, and the AC technician repairing your unit in the summer heat, the nail salon technician and the gym owner, are just trying to get through this by making the best choices for them.

Don’t judge. Go back in your basement and hopefully the rest of us will keep the ship afloat so when you feel safe enough to emerge there will be something left.

Re: Personal Choice and Responsibility

Aug 14, 2020, 8:41 AM

User Logo
sarasotatiger
Associate AD [807]
TigerPulse: 97%
Perso­nal Choice and Responsibility
Posted: Aug 14, 2020 8:36 AM

Dear Cornflake:

I own a business. I employ 6 dedicated amazing people, all in different stages of family life. We discussed “shutting” down. But it turns out, they are essential employees to their respective families and wanted to keep going. For one older gal, we modified her scope to keep her out of a few of our riskier situations but lol asked her to do her part, so she is trying to quit smoking. Win win.

My point being, life is full of choices. As a grown A$$ man, that coach has many choices in life. No guarantees as to how they are going to work out. My guess is you couldn’t keep him locked in his house without armed guards. Like many of us, hiding from the world isn’t an option we choose. The risk from COVID just doesn’t scare us or shut us down. We move forward.

The Current loss of life is Tragic? Perhaps, but it also just part of life. As is the death of every moron who drinks and drives or smokes himself into a fat lung full of tumors. Sometimes you don’t get to choose, and bad luck gets you.

You are welcome to mitigate your risk by avoiding the outside world. Protect you and yours to whatever extent you deem necessary.

For those of us trying to keep the world moving. Contribute to the economy. Pay our bills. Live our lives, get off our backs. That coach, like the lady checking you out in the grocery store, and the AC technician repairing your unit in the summer heat, the nail salon technician and the gym owner, are just trying to get through this by making the best choices for them.

Don’t judge. Go back in your basement and hopefully the rest of us will keep the ship afloat so when you feel safe enough to emerge there will be something left.

DING DING DING WE HAVE A WINNER. COULD NOT BE SAID ANY BETTER. GO PUT THAT ON YOUR FACEBOOK IF YOU HAVE ONE.

And you...

Aug 15, 2020, 3:05 PM

did you pass the third grade? Seriously.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I really liked what you had to say up until the last ...

Aug 15, 2020, 3:03 PM [ in reply to Personal Choice and Responsibility ]

few sentences. You say don't judge as you seem to be judgmental yourself.

I respect people, like you, who make sound decisions and even take the time to explain why to those who may not understand.

What I don't understand are people going to bars, not wearing masks in public, etc, etc.

It's not just personal responsibility, it's a responsibility to the cormmunitity. I'll take your smoking example...

Sure go ahead and smoke up until you have black lung but don't smoke in restaurants. Drink yourself into oblivion but don't drive drunk. The list goes on...

What I also don't agree with saying, "oh that's life people die". Hugely callous. I had a family member who would still be here probably if not for COVID. Do I know for sure? No one knows. But wait until it gets close to you. You will feel differently I promise. But it shouldn't take that either.

And I am sorry, it wasn't the "libtards (sorry Cornflake)" against wearing masks in the first place. Can't even believe that was ever a debate. Pure stupidity.

Dear Cornflake:

Dear Cornflake:

Dear Cornflake:

Well sarasotatiger

Aug 14, 2020, 6:41 PM

In this case I’m glad the mobile bug bit you as you deserved more than one TU for that post! ??

Details are always helpful (with links)

Aug 14, 2020, 9:13 AM

Links are below, but here are the basic known FACTS:

* He was 42 years old
* He was never confirmed for COVID-19
* He had been self-quarantined with similar symptoms (which could be any number of viruses or illnesses, including but certainly not limited to COVID-19)

“He did self-quarantine a week ago Thursday,” said Lafayette County Schools Superintendent Adam Pugh. “I don’t know the symptoms he had, but he felt like he needed to do that. I don’t know if that contributed to his death . . . I simply don’t know the answer to that.”

“No one has told me officially that he had COVID, but I do know he was self-quarantining this week,” Pugh said.

In short, we have no idea why he died or what he died of. But suspicion is enough for a salacious news headline these days because, hey - we need more panic, right??!!

https://www.djournal.com/sports/high-school/longtime-lafayette-assistant-dies-at-42/article_0c4353ba-ca90-5ed3-bb9e-7785609b1271.html

https://wreg.com/news/lafayette-county-teacher-dies-after-bout-with-covid-19/

https://mississippitoday.org/2020/08/06/mississippi-teachers-death-during-first-week-of-school-stokes-covid-19-outbreak-fears/

In other news, approx 2 days ago, a coach with the Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns died of a heart attack. So to update your numbers, that's two coaches who have died this academic season so far. Not sure how many coaches there are combined at the high school and college level in the United States, but I'm pretty sure it's in the hundreds of thousands. We have TWO that have died this academic year so far. None were yet to be CONFIRMED with COVID-19 or that it was the cause of death.

Just another case of media hype at the moment until the true cause of death is determined. If they find no link to COVID-19, I'm pretty sure we'll not really hear much about that as opposed to if they do. We only need to know select information, apparently.

https://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/08/01/louisiana-football-dj-looney-ol-coach-dies-of-a-heart-attack/

Oops, the Ragin' Cajuns coach died 2 WEEKS ago, not 2 days

Aug 14, 2020, 9:14 AM

my mistake. Typo.

Aug 14, 2020, 10:21 AM

If said coach actually died from COVID, is there any indication that he got the virus because of his coaching duties? If not, then the only football issue is potential exposure to players and staff, but that's why Clemson and most P5 schools test weekly and follow strict protocol.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

As an aside, the article points out the main issue with

Aug 14, 2020, 11:16 AM

returning to school in person.

With the current hysteria, if one kid test positive - 120 have to quarantine for 2 weeks! This will prevent any consistent learning to occur while in school...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 14, 2020, 4:41 PM

It seems some people are just better than others. Did every life matter to you before this current coronavirus strain? That was only a few months ago. Have you always worn a mask to prevent spreading a virus to others with underlying conditions? If not, you are just another hypocrite.
We are all doing our best.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"If a pig had a better personality, he would cease to be a filthy animal."

Aug 14, 2020, 5:14 PM

I can say with absolute confidence that i have never knowingly endangered someone elses life and had i thought i might kill someone by being around them if i was sick or not wearing a mask, i would have done everything i could to prevent it.

I think most decent people can say this too. Also, this is the first pandemic of my lifetime and yes, i do all i can to do my part to limit the spread. Now if im still some sort of hypocrite then whateva. I am not alone in my feelings on this.

Aug 14, 2020, 6:50 PM

Amazing to me how all these lives matter except for unborn children. Same people who are using this pandemic as phony caring people are the ones who push for murder of our most vulnerable. Hypocrisy to the nth degree. It is the true sickness of this nation.

Aug 14, 2020, 6:52 PM

"Every life matters to me."

I call BS.

What are you doing to save "every life?"
What are you doing to improve "every life?"

What does "matters" really mean to you?
And does "every life" really "matter" anywhere else than on Social Media to you?

Because it seems as though you mean "I pontificate at all perceived injustice and tragedy in the world from the safety of my couch."

Obviously, I don't know you, but that's what i deduce from your overly pious statement. If it were true, you wouldn't have to say it. It would be implied as an underlying basis for your suggestion on starting a GoFundMe account for the guy's family or something.

Aug 14, 2020, 8:48 PM

Great post ........ Nailed it!

Aug 14, 2020, 11:34 PM [ in reply to Re: Well... i guess one football coach is ok according to some ]

Let me guess. You dont like masks . Yeah yeah. We get it.

Aug 15, 2020, 12:08 PM

Wrong again, One-Note Sally: I've been wearing a mask in public indoor spaces since they changed their tune from "let the medical professionals have all the masks".

But I don't use that single measuring stick to determine how righteous I am in comparison to others.

Why do you?

Aug 15, 2020, 6:36 AM

This football issue is if he had Covid where did he catch it? During team gatherings or away from the team.

Aug 15, 2020, 8:29 AM

People die all the time.I guess you won't to ban smoking,chewing,driving,flying,bucycling,running and various other activities that involve waking up. Give it a rest everyone is tired of your save the whole world mentality.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 15, 2020, 9:36 AM

Can you cite one College Athlete that has died from Corona? Can you cite any person under the age of 20 that has died from Corona?
If you by chance can find anybody under the age of 20 that died were they given Hydroxchloriquine?
This is the most overblown over reaction to anything in History!

Replies: 44
| visibility 4,881
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic