Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
If Carmen comes back
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 6,721

If Carmen comes back

Jan 2, 2021, 6:55 PM

then how do you guys think things will shake out with the o-line next season? If Jackson Carmen decides that he needs another year, then it could be interesting. I'm thinking that Carmen has told the staff that he's not coming back and that was related to Leigh and might be a reason for the sudden late turnaround in his recruitment.

Leigh at LT and Walker Parks at RT would stabilize the tackle spots for at least 3 seasons. What about the remainder of the line and what about Carmen if he does come back.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If Carmen comes back

Jan 2, 2021, 7:09 PM

Carmen not ready for the NFL. If he comes back and puts his mind to it, he can improve his prospects tremendously. He has the size and talent, but something seems to be missing at times. And nothing wrong with a big time recruit working his way into the rotation. Time in the weight room will make Leigh a better player.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 2, 2021, 7:14 PM

Couldn't one of them help at guard?

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Currently he may be a > or = 2nd round pick

Jan 2, 2021, 9:24 PM

Hope he comes back.
He can do better than that.

We will see what Carman wants ... and coaches offer ...

Jan 2, 2021, 11:26 PM [ in reply to Re: If Carmen comes back ]

If he comes back in 2021, I would love to see Carman start at RT where he'll likely get his 1st shot in the NFL. And the quicker Parks get a shot at LT to start the season.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 2, 2021, 11:40 PM [ in reply to Re: If Carmen comes back ]

Carman is no help and will not make a week in the league.

Jan 2, 2021, 7:17 PM

I think McFadden on the right side will be fine for another year

Jan 2, 2021, 7:50 PM

I think McFadden on the right side will be fine for another year

McFadden should be playing Guard. He’s only 6’2. Our right Tackles for the last 3 years or so have been 6’2’ (Anchrum and McFadden). Not the ideal length for a Tackle.

Jan 2, 2021, 7:21 PM

If? He seems like a bright guy so I would hope there is no question in his mind he needs to come back. While he had his moments of great play, I watched plenty of absolute wiffs by him at some key moments throughout this year.

I expect JC to return

Jan 2, 2021, 8:04 PM

and he'll remain the starter at LT.

The better of Parks vs. Leigh will start at RT (my bet is on Parks).

Leigh will either be the #2 LT or start at LG.

However, because Parks is so versatile, it's also possible Leigh starts at RT and Parks starts at LG or RG.

Regardless, our line will be significantly better next year assuming JC returns and both Leigh and Parks win starting jobs (which I believe is likely).

I think matters will improve

Jan 2, 2021, 8:04 PM

and we beat Georgia out of the gate and finish undefeated in the regular season.

Jan 3, 2021, 11:14 AM

If Carman comes back (I think he should) that would give Leigh and Parks a little more time to adjust to the college game.

Jan 3, 2021, 11:37 AM

Truth - Carman absolutely needs to come back. He's got plenty of physical ability but his recognition is terrible and he gets confused extremely easily...he is in no way mentally ready for the NFL and would probably be a 3rd-4th-round pick at best right now...whereas I've seen draft boards that had him as high as Top-5 at the beginning of the season. But when he gets rattled I've seen teams break him. Watch the tape at the end of the OSU game...he was flailing and clearly shelled and his composure was completely gone by the end. (As was the whole OL's, frankly.)

He is not ready for the NFL, and that experience should show him pretty clearly he's still got some stuff to work on before he is. Hopefully he knows it, or he could well cost himself a bunch of money if he jumps early.

Carman coming back would be huge for several other reasons as well - there's very little chance Walker Parks, with a year under his belt (especially in the weight room) wouldn't start at RT...and I think that might bump Jordan McFadden to his natural position, which is center or maybe guard. McFadden's reasonably athletic but too short, frankly, to be ideally suited to either guard or tackle but I do think he'd make a good C if he's got the mental chops and communication ability for it. Athletically McFadden's a big upgrade on Cade Stewart. Then you let Mason Trotter/Will Putnam/Matt Bockhorst and the froshes sort it out for the OG positions. Unless one of the redshirting froshes just emerges as a pure War Daddy in his second year that's still not a tremendous group, especially on the interior - which makes me stare hard at Robbie Caldwell, since this will be his tenth year in one of the most dominant programs with some of the best facilities in America, and not even being able to put one of the Top 30-40 OL groups in the country on the field is, frankly, fairly poor - but it'd be a group we could win with.

Otherwise next year is not likely to be much better...which would be a lot worse than "fairly poor"...and frankly I don't see Caldwell surviving it, however much Dabo values loyalty and staff stability. The seat isn't red-hot under Caldwell's tail right now but one suspects it's getting distinctly warm at the moment.

Just my own take, but I suspect most who watched us the line year wouldn't argue with it.

Jan 3, 2021, 10:32 PM

Didn't we have one of the better, top 10 even top 5 rated O-lines by several metrics somewhere in the 16-19 years? I'm about positive we did - maybe even two years as finalist for the best O-line award. Somewhere in there.

Jan 3, 2021, 10:57 PM

That would be interesting to see, but given the fact we've had exactly TWO o-lineman drafted - one in the 4th round and one in the 7th round (between 2016 and 2020), I find it had to believe.

Jan 3, 2021, 10:54 PM

PS, the OP will spell Carman the way he wants, ??

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 3, 2021, 11:18 PM

PS, the OP will spell Carman they way he wants, ??

Well if it isn't "Mr. Cloak and Dagger "himself. How's that thumbs down button doing? Still working?

Jan 4, 2021, 12:00 AM

Is this a joke amongst bored coots? No clue what you are talking about though I hated the best of you got deleted from this post yesterday.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 4, 2021, 12:08 AM

Is this a joke amongst bored coots? No clue what you are talking about though I hated the best of you got deleted from this post yesterday.

And the worst of you seems to have made it through unscathed.. Well isn't life just grand? ??????

Jan 4, 2021, 12:13 AM

That’s it?

Jan 4, 2021, 12:16 AM

That’s it?

Mcdonald's internet isn't free all night. Should have gotten here sooner. Gotta run. ??

Jan 4, 2021, 12:17 AM

You’re the best coot troll, I swear...

Jan 4, 2021, 9:16 AM

You’re the best coot troll, I swear...

I do hope and pray that you are not a member of our courageous first responders. Some poor soul would perish because you tried to perform CPR on the wrong individual, one who wasn't even involved and needed no resuscitation. ??

So break that Barney Fife detective kit back out and try again. This time, try harder.??

It’s Carman.

Jan 4, 2021, 9:32 AM

HTH.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: It’s Carman.

Jan 4, 2021, 9:47 AM

HTH.

I appreciate the heads up. When I created this thread, I was just trying to go with the "flow" and I don't have a magic eraser in my pocket. I had watched an old Taco Bell commercial, the one where the little dog says "Tequila and Taco Bell". At least I thought that is what that little mutt said.

Well, tequila and Taco Bell don't mix. It's like eating two entire boxes of Ex-lax. Wow. I felt like an anorexic Mr. Clean afterwards. It's all good now though. It might take me a month or two to regain those 50 pounds I lost, but it could be worse. I can fix my weight loss a lot easier than that ButtNut lover above can fix being clueless. Again, appreciate the lookout.

Replies: 24
| visibility 6,721
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic