Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
We need Alabama to beat UGA
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1

We need Alabama to beat UGA

Jan 3, 2018, 11:09 AM

Because for Bama it's just another notch in the belt, no program can catch their title total so whatever. They are on the top regardless.

But if Georgia wins it would be bad. I understand that they will continue to recruit great win or lose the game Monday but the key is the national title count. Kirby equaling Dabo in title count in year 2 is not something any Clemson fan should want to see. We must stay 1 title above them as things get heated in the next 5 years

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A Georgia loss shows everyone that

Jan 3, 2018, 11:13 AM

UGA isn't going back to the Playoff until Saban retires. @ things happen every 7-8 years,Auburn beats Bama and the East wins the SEC. Both happened in the same year.

Yeah. Everyone saying that UGA

Jan 3, 2018, 11:16 AM

Is playing with house money. But that also means that narrative could turn to this year being a "fluke" for UGA if they fail to make playoffs for next 2-3 years despite the recruiting classes.

That's only valid if they lose though

a UGA loss is good

Jan 3, 2018, 11:14 AM

since I live in GA

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

Re: a UGA loss is good

Jan 3, 2018, 11:47 AM

> since I live in GA

Agreed. I've figured out how to live with the few Alabama fans I know personally (in the Atlanta suburbs). The UGA fans will be insufferable for the rest of my life. They're as bad as coot fans.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: We need Alabama to beat UGA

I hope so. UGA is more a recruiting oppopponent to us than BAMA is.
So a BAMA blowout win will benefit us IMO.

Meh, I'm somewhat on the fence

I made a post earlier on my stance as a Georgia native....a win for the Dawgs would mean a lot to a lot of people close to me, and I would be happy for them in that regard.

But I also agree with you. I will find a silver lining regardless of who wins

Re: We need Alabama to beat UGA- I'm just glad

we only have a week to wait. Two for the super bowl is annoying because you get tired of the hype. Imagine what ESPN would do with two weeks of SEC teams. talk about getting tired of hype

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 3, 2018, 11:17 AM

Totally agree and was thinking the same when UGA beat OU (and we lost)...I think Bama will win, and while they called this one the "trilogy", I could see Clemson and Bama playing for the Title every year moving forward - they can have this one, we'll get the next...it'll be looked at as the period of clashing dynasties as we rotate who wins each year.

Jan 3, 2018, 11:17 AM

I don't ever look at it that way. I go on pure feelings. They way Bama acted after they beat us I won't Georgia to curb stomp them.

There is no room for emotion in business

Jan 3, 2018, 11:23 AM

And this is business!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 3, 2018, 12:26 PM [ in reply to Re: We need Alabama to beat UGA ]

UGA is out recruiting both now. Smart seems to be a master at halftime adjustments and is a great motivator. There might be 3 dynasties.

Lol! Dynasty’s are multiple years of Conference and Playoff runs.

Jan 3, 2018, 12:32 PM

THUGA isn’t even close yet.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

UGA's little run is over Monday

Jan 3, 2018, 12:44 PM [ in reply to Re: We need Alabama to beat UGA ]

They'll lose, then all the Richt disciplined players will leave and we'll laugh at all the off season arrests that take place.

See Louisville, as that team became more Bobby players than Charlie players,even though Bobby out recruited Charlie,they took a nose dive.

UGA is now a good enough program that whether they...

Jan 3, 2018, 12:37 PM

lose or win won't change their recruiting.

Our attraction to the nation is our winning but what lands the recruits is our focus on a small and elite group of prospects and offering them something most others can't offer.

It might be nice to have lost to the #1 team but we're not the type fans to boast of a good loss.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 14
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic