Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
We miss Renfrow
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1,168

We miss Renfrow

Oct 2, 2019, 9:12 AM

I think the loss of Renfrow has had a larger negative impact on the Clemson offense than the loss of the whole NFL bound Quartet of D Line has impacted the defense.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: We miss Renfrow

Oct 2, 2019, 9:15 AM

I completely agree. I think it has really messed up our offensive chemistry. I think a lot of TLs confidence passing the ball last year came from knowing he had Renfrow to go to when things broke down.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 2, 2019, 10:51 AM

I totally disagree. While Hunter was an integral part of our Two National Championships, as well the teams' regular-season success, you knew he was going to graduate, and you had all of the Spring practice to make whatever adjustments you needed.

Oct 2, 2019, 10:56 AM

leftie said:

I totally disagree. While Hunter was an integral part of our Two National Championships, as well the teams' regular-season success, you knew he was going to graduate, and you had all of the Spring practice to make whatever adjustments you needed.

What statement are you disagreeing with?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 2, 2019, 9:24 AM

I have confidence that the coaching staff is working hard on that Renfrow-role this week. Although Renfrow was spectacular, I'm guessing the problem has been compounded this year because the offense has been too focused on trying to get the ball to Higgins and Ross on deeper routes and they just haven't made the "Renfrow-routes" a priority. We have too much talent on the roster not to have someone who can specialize in the 3rd down/possession receiver routes!

having no slot And no TE is not good formula

Oct 2, 2019, 9:24 AM

unleash JayLay

Oct 2, 2019, 10:01 AM

I'm not sure this is true since the defense had to completely change their scheme from 4 down linemen to just 3.

I would say the defense has been quicker and more willing to adapt to this season's talent.

Oct 2, 2019, 10:08 AM

TigersO said:

I'm not sure this is true since the defense had to completely change their scheme from 4 down linemen to just 3.

I would say the defense has been quicker and more willing to adapt to this season's talent.

That is my point in the original post. The offense, based on performance on the field, has had a significant drop off in the ability to sustain drives. On the other hand, the defense had to be totally re-worked but is having similar success to last year on the field.

Kudos to the job that BV and staff has done, and I hope that JS & TS figure out how to replace that middle of field and 3rd down production.

Re: We miss a lot of players but that happens

Oct 2, 2019, 10:19 AM

They graduate

Renfrow was a special talent and it doesn't seem we have a similar player on the roster but they have other talents

We need a "hands" and "route" player and no one has developed as one yet but the season is young

GO TIGERS

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 8
| visibility 1,168
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic