Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
It's gonna be tough for us to get elite power Rbs
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 31
| visibility 1

It's gonna be tough for us to get elite power Rbs

Jun 27, 2017, 12:40 PM

Under Dabo, Clemson has the reputation of throwing the football a lot which lends for more QBs and WRs to be attracted to us (you take the elite QB and WR combo over an elite RB all day IMO so I'm not poo pooing what our staff is doing at all). We'll still get our fair share of 4* multi-purpose,shifty backs with breakaway speed because kids still remember how much Spiller excelled in our offense. However, getting the elite power RB like Gurley or White to run our "power spread" will likely always be tough for us to attract under Dabo. We may have to focus more on developing Gallman type guys who are just relentless to compliment our speedy, shifty guys.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

COOT!!!***

Jun 27, 2017, 12:41 PM

No, he's right. Since our focus is obviously........

Jun 27, 2017, 12:50 PM

on a first-rate passing offense, it's going to be hard for us to attract guys like the one who just chose Georgia. But that doesn't mean the the running backs we have can't get the job done.

I'll take the National Championship any day!!!***

Jun 27, 2017, 2:31 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We just need our backs to start performing at a high level.***

Jun 27, 2017, 12:41 PM

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Our OL needs to start performing at a high level as well***

Jun 27, 2017, 12:47 PM

We just won a national championship with our OL.***

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That was so 5 months ago... what have they done lately***

Jun 27, 2017, 1:03 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Re: That was so 5 months ago... what have they done lately***

Jun 27, 2017, 1:10 PM

FIRE BROWNELL!!!!!!!!!

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Who put the "L" in BrowneLL

They were not even close to the main reason we won though

Jun 27, 2017, 1:08 PM [ in reply to We just won a national championship with our OL.*** ]

We couldn't run the ball at all (not that anyone does though against Bama) and DW4 was getting lit up like a Christmas tree in the Natty. A lesser QB would have folded up like a cheap suit. We just so happened to have a once in a generation talent at the QB position covering up a lot of their flaws.

Re: They were not even close to the main reason we won though

Jun 27, 2017, 1:20 PM

> We couldn't run the ball at all (not that anyone does
> though against Bama) and DW4 was getting lit up like
> a Christmas tree in the Natty. A lesser QB would have
> folded up like a cheap suit. We just so happened to
> have a once in a generation talent at the QB position
> covering up a lot of their flaws.

Your comment sounds like a disgruntled Bama or SEC team fan.

Clemson had 100 yards rushing and 4 receivers with 90 plus yards. Obviously Bama wasn't get much pressure on him, and it was more just Watson. Watson doesn't block and catch the ball too.

Jun 27, 2017, 1:22 PM [ in reply to They were not even close to the main reason we won though ]

They were targeting Deshaun. By the 4th quarter that defense couldn't beat their selves out of a wet paper bag. to start the game Clemson was trying to set Deshaun back in the pocket and Bama tried to hurt him and Mike Williams. As soon as we started to run the quick slants and screen passes that gave our receivers open space to make plays. Bama couldn't keep up and got winded to much. That's when Deshaun took over the game. To say we couldn't run the ball at all go watch that goal line TD that the Best Defense college football has ever know just collapsed on the ground. Go Tigers.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agree. The OL was very average last year. I would give

Jun 27, 2017, 1:45 PM [ in reply to They were not even close to the main reason we won though ]

them probably a B in pass pro and a D in run blocking. There were way too many games where we couldn't even average 4 ypc. 3.4 against Auburn, 3.8 against Troy!, 3.0 against State, 3.5 against FSU, 2.0 against Pitt!, and 2.2 against Bama.

Pass protection was good although Watson certainly helped himself out in that regard. The 2015 line was definitely better. I would probably give that group a B for the year.

It wasn't Clemson OL sucking air in Tampa. Bama defense

Jun 27, 2017, 2:44 PM

had enough of that B and D line as you rate them!!

We ran for 2.2 ypc in that game. Spin it however you want

Jun 28, 2017, 12:17 PM

but our defense also deserves a ton of credit for wearing down the Bama defense as they kept getting us the ball back quickly time after time.

CLEMSON WON, let it go because your reasoning is nothing

Jun 27, 2017, 2:39 PM [ in reply to They were not even close to the main reason we won though ]

but your opinion so not sure what you are trying to prove since CLEMSON WON!!

Jun 28, 2017, 12:24 PM [ in reply to They were not even close to the main reason we won though ]

The first half of that game Alabamas defense beat the hell out of Deshaun. I was worried that he was going to get hurt because they were targeting him. Thankfully the second half was better.. I think we just wore them down

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

Shhh, that doesn't fit the agenda or results either.***

Jun 27, 2017, 2:32 PM [ in reply to We just won a national championship with our OL.*** ]

Will we ever win a national championship??

Jun 27, 2017, 1:06 PM [ in reply to Our OL needs to start performing at a high level as well*** ]

Dabo has no clue what he's doing!

Re: It's gonna be tough for us to get elite power Rbs

Not true. We averaged 41 pass plays and 39 run plays per game. A stud rb would have plenty of touches to do something with.

Jun 27, 2017, 12:52 PM

Feaster needs to turn on his 5-star talent, Fuller is stead, and Etienne had 2900+ yards and 43 touchdowns his senior year. I'd say we have the horses, just turn me loose.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Just to be clear I said specifically "Power RBs"

Jun 27, 2017, 1:01 PM

We will not have trouble attracting other elite type of RBs in general though.

I know in reality we are balanced, but the perception which

Jun 27, 2017, 12:55 PM [ in reply to Re: It's gonna be tough for us to get elite power Rbs ]

is really all that matters to recruits is that Dabo likes to sling it around a lot.

Re: I know in reality we are balanced, but the perception which

Jun 27, 2017, 1:03 PM

Baby, keep on slinging!!!!!!!!!!

Yep, passing TD count same as rushing!***

Jun 27, 2017, 2:34 PM

Jun 27, 2017, 1:54 PM [ in reply to Re: It's gonna be tough for us to get elite power Rbs ]

Which means any RB who thinks they will not be utilized is not using their brain properly. Our coaches call plays depending on what the defense is giving us, in order to have the best chance to win games. There is no preference of run versus pass. We are balanced as we can be, just depends on how other teams are playing us. There is plenty of opportunity for all positions to be showcased for awards and NFL scouts at Clemson. Winning the games is priority #1, everything else fails into place there after.

Good point - I'll take smart guys like Wayne all day

Jun 27, 2017, 1:10 PM

That can block and be tough. Wayne bring a tear to my eye how great he was considering I was championing his move to LB.

I mostly wanted Zamir White because he was elite, would add to the allure of our class, and possible attract more OL talent.

I believe UGA could fall apart this year too so I'm not giving up on him.

Hate to say it, but...

Jun 27, 2017, 1:54 PM

I told you so.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

I believe this was still tough for him and he just picked

Jun 27, 2017, 2:05 PM

Where he was going. No reason to believe his Mama wasn't truthful. We can recruit the best of backs, Dabo is the best recruiter and we have Clemson to offer. I don't believe theirs a position we can't land the best of in every category period.

I'm sure in the end he wanted Mama to be happy but he might regret that.

We will find the perfect back, Dabo has overcome everything people told him couldn't do.

Go Tigers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Jun 28, 2017, 1:47 AM

We just had a running back run for the most yards in school history. He ran for more yards than Sony michel or nick chub or Todd Gurley have run for. You are basing this statement on the fact that one recruit just picked Georgia?? Kind of a rediculous statement. Clemson has the reputation of being able to beat you with the run or the pass, and in order to be effective they have to be able to do both equally well.

Make no mistake, the Clemson offense is a very attractive offense for POWER running backs, as well as all purpose types. Zamir white comitting to UGA is not going to change that. Clemson will get its share of ELITE running backs, and will always have highly regarded power running back on campus as long as Dabo is the head coach.

Clemson is capable of having a 2000 yard running back. Believe it! Gallman was awesome for tough yards. I felt bad for him though, because he came so close to breaking long ones but would get tripped up. If gallman breaks those he's a 2000 yard back, instead of a 1600 yard back. If we find a RB with gallman toughness, a little bit better vision in the second level, and with breakaway speed, he'll be pushing 2000.

How many offenses can offer that? I'll give you Alabama as a ground and pound, but I don't think there are many others offenses out there that will wow a running back, more than ours.

Jun 28, 2017, 5:35 AM

When you win national championships it doesn't matter who is carrying the football ...so long as they put team first and play hard.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Jun 28, 2017, 6:44 AM

Before you call people names, he has a point. Georgia runs an offense that features the running back. They can get up to 40 carries a game. That appeals to power backs. I would never change our offense because that brand is attracting skill players. Players like White are blinded to the fact that you can be a star in a spread attack. They buy all the lies told by the SEC.

Replies: 31
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic