Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I have had C-19 twice now... and no worse for the wear
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 34
| visibility 1

I have had C-19 twice now... and no worse for the wear

Jun 19, 2020, 10:42 PM

First time was minor flu like (no hospital) and second time asymptomatic. I’m 56 an out of shape too.

So why is everyone so concerned about 18-25 year olds who are in shape?

By the way, they can opt out of playing if they want also.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I had it a few weeks ago and I’ve had colds with worse symptoms

Jun 19, 2020, 10:47 PM

than what I had with the virus.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I have had C-19 twice now... and no worse for the wear

Jun 19, 2020, 11:22 PM

You’ve had it twice already? I know what you’re trying to say about, but the implication that you recovered and were susceptible to contracting the virus again so soon is not good.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We get the flu multiple times too, but second time was less

Jun 20, 2020, 7:24 AM

Impactful. Same pattern with this.

You just can’t afford to get either when you are already sick or old.

Re: We get the flu multiple times too, but second time was less

Jun 20, 2020, 7:41 AM

But when you get the flu twice in a year, you are suffering from two different strains of influenza. There are multiple strains that’s pass around. The shot itself usually has 3 or 4 variants inside to give you more protection. Covid-19 is a singular corona virus and I would hope that the antibodies lasts bit longer than you are suggesting or perhaps you have some other pre-existing condition. Did you get positive tests both times? How long in between positives?

Jun 20, 2020, 7:54 AM

Yes, positives on both accounts. I’m 56, so getting up into the at risk age range.

Time between events was ~3 months. The first was like the flu, but not down for long. The second was like a cold for a few days. A friend tested positive second time and I went in to check due to cold like symptoms.

Who knows, the second time could have been a cold but the virus was showing on the test but not the cause said FB the cold. The variables are hard to isolate actual cause there. Maybe it contributed or maybe not.

The point is, worrying about getting it is overwrought. I worry more about transmitting to older or health compromised people. Hence why I wea a mask in stores even though I’m fiddling with it constantly it seems. ??

Jun 20, 2020, 12:28 PM

Definitely agreed, risk is low for the vast majority. Just fascinated by someone that has tested positive twice already.

Jun 20, 2020, 12:38 AM

I'm type O

Jun 20, 2020, 5:11 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2fknMwWlgRA

You do realize the morbidly rate for kids is so low

Jun 20, 2020, 7:29 AM

That they have a greater chance of dying in a car accident or cancer than from C-19?

Not diminishing the sadness of any child getting deathly ill. Just pointing out the stats don’t warrant everyone sitting at home or not participating in activities like sports, eating out, watching sporting events, etc.

For those who are so concerned, they don’t have to do those things, but that shouldn’t preclude others choosing to do so.

Yes the only good thing about this virus

Jun 20, 2020, 7:32 AM

Has been that it’s affect on children has been extremely low overall

Perfect! So they can take it home to their Grandparents!

Jun 20, 2020, 7:35 AM [ in reply to You do realize the morbidly rate for kids is so low ]

Candidate for Idiot Poster of the day.

Re: Perfect! So they can take it home to their Grandparents!

Jun 20, 2020, 7:44 AM

Everyone gets to choose how they want to deal with such risks. Since the beginning of time, kids have caught all sorts of things at school and bring them back to their parents and grandparents. The flu being a big one. We didn’t stop the world because of it and we are not going to now either.

Folks need to get over the fear and get back to living (or dying) with the risk.

Message was edited by: hufferbilly®

I am glad you are well.

Jun 20, 2020, 5:31 AM

But how you react to COVID-19 has nothing to do with how others might react. Plus, they can spread it to others who may not respond as well as you have.

Stay well!

Re: I am glad you are well.

Jun 20, 2020, 8:02 AM

Thanks.

I acknowledge it can be spread to others. That is why those who are concerned about getting it can choose to stay home and take precautions. It doesn’t mean everyone else has to do so too.

I wear a mask in stores and don’t get all up in people’s space because I don’t want to tempt fate with giving it to others. However, if I want to hang out with a group of friends who are also not concerned about getting it or willing to deal if they do get it, then we all should be allowed to do that.

Same with athletes and fans who wish to watch them. As long as everyone buys into the risk, why is it anyone else’s business to tell them no. People are free to take risks with their own lives as they wish.

Well, I have not gotten into what our rights are...

Jun 20, 2020, 8:28 AM

Just an explanation as to why I am concerned for folks who test positive. Everyone has a different immune system....even if they are healthy.

Glad you wear a mask at the grocery. I wish there were a grocery near me that required masks. I would always go to that one.

121,000 dead so far

Jun 20, 2020, 5:35 AM

for starters

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: 121,000 dead so far

Jun 20, 2020, 5:46 AM

121,000 Patriots who died for GOD AND COUNTRY!!!!

(eyeroll)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 20, 2020, 7:33 AM [ in reply to 121,000 dead so far ]

And???

People are dying from a lot of things. Many of which are just part of nature. Some are man caused, like auto accidents, inner city shootings, etc.

None of us get out of this thing called life alive.

Live free or die. No need to sit around waiting for it.

Jun 20, 2020, 7:34 AM [ in reply to 121,000 dead so far ]

600,000 plus die each year from cancer.

another 600,000 die from heart disease.

We’re not immortal. So why destroy the economy, frighten half the electorate to death, and cut out the sport we all love, Clemson football?

Stop watching the hype of CNN and flatten your fear now. We’ve already done that to the curve. Life inside a bubble sucks.

Jun 20, 2020, 7:39 AM

Kind of interesting. An estimated 1 out of 6 people on Earth die from cancer.

Correct.... we are way overreacting on C-19 when we dont

Jun 20, 2020, 8:09 AM [ in reply to Re: 121,000 dead so far ]

Overreact on other death causes. Bizarro stuff indeed.

Jun 20, 2020, 7:50 AM [ in reply to 121,000 dead so far ]

How many of those were already on their death beds though? It is sad when anybody dies but hospitals are being paid more when they label a death from covid 19 than any other COD. Of course I do not want to believe doctors would actually do this but I'm sure there are some out there. This thing isn't just something to not worry about but it is not something that we can keep the country shut down for. A couple weeks or a month was fine but it is time to let it ride imo.

Jun 20, 2020, 11:15 AM

And the highest percentage of these COVID-19 deaths occurred in nursing homes.

The curtain has been pulled back and those with a brain can see that the COVID-19 pandemic is not this death monster that the media and certain politico's want you to believe.

If you are fearful of catching COVID-19 - then stay home and take all the precautions you so desire - that is your choice. Meanwhile, the rest of us are going to get back to some semblance of normalcy in our daily lives.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 20, 2020, 12:45 PM

Yep we gotta move on with life imo. I dont want anybody to die but this thing isn't killing most people so why should most people wear mask and stay home and not work?

Jun 20, 2020, 7:26 AM

Because they can infect others.

Jun 20, 2020, 7:40 AM

If others are worried about getting infected, they can stay home amd take strong precautions. That shouldn’t preclude those who choose to live with the risk from carrying on with their lives and the devil be ######.

Last I checked we are a free people who get a choice in such matters.

Jun 20, 2020, 7:51 AM

We are only as free as the government let's us be.

Jun 20, 2020, 7:59 AM [ in reply to Re: I have had C-19 twice now... and no worse for the wear ]

I think it should be a crime to knowingly have it and to just wing it in public. If you have it you should definitely wear a mask if you have to go for a sec for some necessity. Other than that they should be isolated.

Jun 20, 2020, 8:03 AM

Well I agree with that. Heck if you have a cold you shouldn't go out and spread it.

Jun 20, 2020, 8:16 AM

I would hope we all agree on this.

Jun 20, 2020, 8:14 AM [ in reply to Re: I have had C-19 twice now... and no worse for the wear ]

Oh, you have to be quarantined. They do require that until you no longer test positive 3 times in a row.

I wear a mask just in case. Don’t want to tempt fate giving it to someone. I am just not sure how much it helps. But I figure it is better than nothing. It is a symbol more than anything else. Gives folks a false sense f security is my guess though.

Jun 20, 2020, 7:52 AM

It's not known if a person can catch Covid twice. Where did you get your confirmation that you had it twice this year?

Jun 20, 2020, 10:41 AM

Assuming you are telling the truth.....

What about all the people who have died? No biggie since you are fine right?

What if 1 Clemson player dies? What then? Is that acceptable to you?

As far as im concerned, football would b nice but not if someone dies because we were being negligent.

Twice in 3 months? So much for herd immunity.***

Jun 20, 2020, 10:58 AM

Replies: 34
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic