Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
My humble take as a Clemson senior on the student government situation
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 29
| visibility 1

My humble take as a Clemson senior on the student government situation

Mar 7, 2019, 11:05 PM

The whole thing is a farce, starting with the ridiculous elections. The students that do vote just do so in mobs based on who they're affiliated with, mostly Greeks but also other like minded organizations that vote in blocks. Issues, such as renaming buildings aren't even remotely on 99.9% of the student body's radar. Campaing is just a giant circle ego trip and a reason to talk to girl's outside of Cooper. They need to just abolish the whole stupid thing or do something for charity.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: My humble take as a Clemson senior on the student government situation

Mar 7, 2019, 11:11 PM

Were you using humble as a set-up word ?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Mar 8, 2019, 2:16 AM

That’s a good thing, and I humbly agree! I always felt the same way about the student government lol.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

I was student body president

Mar 8, 2019, 2:20 AM

in the 5th grade. That was the end of my political career.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I was student body president

Mar 8, 2019, 4:25 AM

What promise did you run on ?
... and did you keep it ?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

^^^^Campaigned on three hour-long recesses with

Mar 8, 2019, 4:50 AM [ in reply to I was student body president ]

free soda pops and snacks per day and won in a landslide.

The principal vetoed the idea, and his classmates moved for impeachment.

Somewhat chagrinned, he responded, "Well, you won't have Neal to kick around any more!"

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good time to ....

Mar 8, 2019, 5:29 AM [ in reply to I was student body president ]

..... get out Neal!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If people were as good as their obituary - and products were as good as advertised - this would truly be a wonderful world !!

Me too .....

Mar 8, 2019, 5:28 AM [ in reply to Re: My humble take as a Clemson senior on the student government situation ]

..... Humble!! lol

If people were as good as their obituary - and products were as good as advertised - this would truly be a wonderful world !!

Mar 8, 2019, 11:57 AM [ in reply to Re: My humble take as a Clemson senior on the student government situation ]

I've had to eat a lot of Humble Pie during my life time. I have the original recipe if anyone would like to have it.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brady, you might be glad you weren't at Clemson

Mar 8, 2019, 5:05 AM

when I was there in the late 60's.

One of the most notorious issues, resulting in a student trial, involved a coed wearing a mini-dress to class. Her student attorney was elected the SGA President later that year. Another "daunting" issue, resulting in regional newspaper coverage, centered around drug use on campus. The administration denied it, the student newspaper, "The Tiger," investigated, ran a series and countered the admin's claims.

Other issues included controversy of the operation of the university bookstore by the Athletic Department, the national peace movement and debate over required ROTC participation. All seemed important enough at the time...somewhat mild and passe now! lol

Who would be opposed to mini-dresses ?***

Mar 8, 2019, 8:48 AM

Re: Who would be opposed to mini-dresses ?***

Mar 8, 2019, 9:42 AM

Manufacturers of knee length skirts ?

DB23

That's somebody's daughter you perv!

Mar 8, 2019, 9:43 AM

Well probably somebody's grandma by now.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 8, 2019, 6:54 AM

Try NOT posting NON FOOTBALL related subjects in the football posts. It's not that difficult buddy.

We called it Stupid Government***

Mar 8, 2019, 9:44 AM

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Bottom line- do something today

Mar 8, 2019, 9:52 AM

to make Clemson and the world a better place. The whining over decisions and actions made before your grandparents were born does nothing.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

99.9% don’t care? Try again bud.

Mar 8, 2019, 10:22 AM

It may not be important to you, but I gauranteed most student have a strong opinion one way or the other.

Re: 99.9% don’t care? Try again bud.

Mar 8, 2019, 10:40 AM

This is all fake news. How does the NRA stand on these issues.

Mar 8, 2019, 10:46 AM [ in reply to 99.9% don’t care? Try again bud. ]

I think he means that a small percentage of the student body is driving the push to rename.

I'm sure once students are presented with the idea then they form an opinion one way or the other.

I would agree that before this hit the news there were probably not many students on campus discussing which buildings should be renamed.

There are a lot of issues in our country that people don't really care about or think about on a daily basis until they are presented with the need to form an opinion.

Mar 8, 2019, 10:47 AM [ in reply to 99.9% don’t care? Try again bud. ]

If your paying attention to building names while in college, you’re not doing it right

Mar 8, 2019, 10:54 AM

You can say that again. The classes that I took kept my mind occupied 24/7. Of course there were very few co-eds in the 60’s!

Mar 8, 2019, 1:26 PM [ in reply to Re: 99.9% don’t care? Try again bud. ]

So then if you pay names of buildings no mind ... how do freshman find their classes at the start of their first semester ?

Asking for a friend without Googles .

DB23

This is actually pretty accurate.***

Mar 8, 2019, 11:10 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Let the students have their say. It is their time_

Mar 8, 2019, 11:30 AM

To engage in decision making processes.

Whether one disagrees or agrees with their position, diminishing their engagement seems petty.

The whole narrative of stereotyping and minimizing millennials seems close minded. Their time is coming - best to engage and try to understand their thinking, expectations and motivation. Those still in the workplace know this all too well.

I changed their diapers and someday may need the favor returned.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 8, 2019, 11:45 AM

Too late to take a remedial English course? ??

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

ClemTigs

This situation brings to mind a quote

Mar 8, 2019, 12:14 PM

"If you are not a liberal at 25, you have no heart. If you are not a conservative at 50, you have no brain."

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Mar 8, 2019, 12:28 PM

That is our problem with everything in this country today.....99.9% do not care about this but then that 0.1% pitches a fit and raises cane about the issue and we bowl down to them and let them get their way just to shut them up.....only problem with that is they will never shut up because they will start up with something else they want us to change...it is about time the 99.9% tell that 0.1% to SIT down, SHUT UP and NO we are not going to do that....Go Tigers!!!!

Mar 8, 2019, 3:48 PM

ill just leave this here

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 8, 2019, 12:54 PM

A very interesting (and long) read:
https://imprimis.hillsdale.edu/shall-defend-common-history/

Mar 8, 2019, 1:32 PM

You've just described the reasons most good into politics. Power, and the increased ability to get laid that goes along with it. Well that and it beats working for a living.

Replies: 29
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic