Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
We better hope we get to play ND.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1,592

We better hope we get to play ND.

Jul 10, 2020, 8:51 AM

is this kissing their a$$? Maybe but with a shortened schedule, we could easily go undefeated and miss the playoff without a good win.
A win at ND would help us tremendously.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson is likely going to be ranked No. 1...

Jul 10, 2020, 8:56 AM

in the preseason polls, and while we may get jumped throughout the season by another team or two, there is NO WAY an undefeated preseason No. 1 ranked Clemson team get left out of the CFP. It's just not going to happen IMO.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

With Ross out, I think Ohio State will be preseason no.1.***

Jul 10, 2020, 12:24 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: We better hope we get to play ND.

Jul 10, 2020, 9:39 AM

Agreed, if all conferences play conference only schedules this is a year where they should tweak the playoffs somehow that only conference champions get in. If the Pac 12 cancels FB it would be real easy the 4 conference champions are in the playoffs. If Pac12 plays then it is the 5 plus the highest ranked independent. That way there is no bickering of who gets left out etc...

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 10, 2020, 10:52 AM

You are all assuming that the league will not be very good. The ACC could easily have several teams ranked highly during the season. I think UNC will be a top twenty team and Louisville and Miami might be better than most think. Frankly, I hope that Brice leads Duke to a great season. You can’t count VPI out either. Let’s see how the league does before we complain to much. I just hope we play!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 10, 2020, 11:06 AM

There's one problem for this season if no OOC games are played even if you're right about those teams being improved. The ACC will go into this season with a poor reputation so it's going to be hard for those other teams to earn respect by only beating other ACC teams. It's going to be nearly impossible for the other ACC teams to earn respect this season without the chance to go out and win high profile OOC games.

Jul 10, 2020, 11:25 AM

I totally agree with that That is why it’s important for the league teams to schedule good teams and teams and beat them.

Jul 13, 2020, 3:08 AM

We better hope we get to play ND. [3]
Posted: Jul 10, 2020 8:51 AM
is this kissing their a$$? Maybe but with a shortened schedule, we could easily go undefeated and miss the playoff without a good win.
A win at ND would help us tremendously

Season is likely to be a disaster with cancellations, whatever, but if Clem don't beat ND they will have beat nobody.

Very easily could have an excellent team sitting home for lack of showing what they can do against talent.

Jul 13, 2020, 4:50 AM

Don’t worry when it’s playoff time your one year wonder team won’t be there. Enjoy the Peach Bowl cupcake!

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 13, 2020, 4:47 AM

If we win out we are in, even with a weak schedule.

Replies: 9
| visibility 1,592
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic