Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Welcome fair weather fans and coot trolls
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1

Welcome fair weather fans and coot trolls

Sep 20, 2020, 1:57 AM

Looks like we have a lot of new posters that don’t have a clue how Clemson football works.

We always play a lot of backups. We always show little on film for future opponents when we don’t need to.

We always save stuff for the postseason and play our best ball then.

This is how we have become the best program in the country. Sit back and enjoy watching the young bucks face adversity.

Don’t bet on us to cover huge spreads. We aren’t Alabama. We build as much depth as possible.

We’re Clemson and we’re better than that.

Welcome to the bandwagon ladies.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Welcome fair weather fans and coot trolls

Sep 20, 2020, 2:19 AM

It's all an investment for the future. Our second and 3rd string players can get the best reps in a real game, more than they can in practice. So when our star players' eligibility runs out, the "new guys" will have plenty of experience. I don't care if we only win by one point if it gives the coaches what they need to see out of all of the players. It also tells young players that at Clemson they are almost guaranteed to get some playing time, unlike SEC teams where in four years many players only get bench seats.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 20, 2020, 2:28 AM

I've been following for many years through thick and thin, all the way back to 2015. However I've yet to understand why Clemson fans storm/rush the field after beating teams they should beat.

Any thoughts?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 20, 2020, 3:48 AM

Clemson fans going onto the field after a game has nothing to do with the opponent.
It also doesn’t depend on even winning the game, but if you only started paying attention in 2015 there has only been one example of us losing at home. And we went out on the field afterwards.

So the way you present your “question” seems very cootish. Not much thick and thin since 2015. Just domination and five straight CFP appearances, something the UofSuC will never, ever, achieve even once.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Many years? All five of them?***

Sep 20, 2020, 4:07 AM [ in reply to Re: Welcome fair weather fans and coot trolls ]

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

through thick and thin

Sep 21, 2020, 6:19 AM

;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 20, 2020, 5:31 AM [ in reply to Re: Welcome fair weather fans and coot trolls ]

My thought is that, perhaps, a Coot doesn't know how to storm a field after beating the Citadel?...

Thick and thin?

Sep 20, 2020, 5:58 AM [ in reply to Re: Welcome fair weather fans and coot trolls ]

Are you serious Clark?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

If you have to be told then you are no Clemson fan.

Sep 20, 2020, 7:13 AM [ in reply to Re: Welcome fair weather fans and coot trolls ]

One of my best childhood memories was getting to go on the field after the UVA game in 1993 and getting as many players as I could to sign my program. Things like that meant a lot to a 12 year old boy back then just as much as it does today. Going on the field after the game no matter who the opponent is one of the many things that make Clemson special.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They used to give us their gear too. Gloves sweatbands etc

Sep 20, 2020, 9:35 AM

Was a major thrill to wear those Nike wristbands in little league.

Sep 20, 2020, 7:15 AM [ in reply to Re: Welcome fair weather fans and coot trolls ]

Way back in 2015. Hehehehe. Tell em coot!!!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 20, 2020, 11:30 AM [ in reply to Re: Welcome fair weather fans and coot trolls ]

Breaking out that through thick and thin since 2015 is my laughable choice for "Bozo Post of the Day". Come back in 40-50 years then you use that reference.

Please accept my apology is you are:

1. Under the age of 12
2. Victim of a serious brain trauma
3. Immigrant who is new to American football

Sep 20, 2020, 1:19 PM [ in reply to Re: Welcome fair weather fans and coot trolls ]

Most people here won’t pick up on the sarcasm. Most sensitive fan base in America

Sep 20, 2020, 1:24 PM [ in reply to Re: Welcome fair weather fans and coot trolls ]

You’re the smartest coot on tigernet.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 20, 2020, 1:34 PM [ in reply to Re: Welcome fair weather fans and coot trolls ]

outlaw1081 said:

I've been following for many years through thick and thin, all the way back to 2015. However I've yet to understand why Clemson fans storm/rush the field after beating teams they should beat.

Any thoughts?

It's called Gathering at the paw....

Been a tradition for a long time now...

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We are not rushing the field...

Sep 20, 2020, 5:23 PM [ in reply to Re: Welcome fair weather fans and coot trolls ]

We are meeting at the "PAW".

"I have been following for many years....

Sep 22, 2020, 9:00 AM [ in reply to Re: Welcome fair weather fans and coot trolls ]

......through thick and thin, all the way back to 2015."

Good one.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

With an emphasis on the word "works."

Sep 20, 2020, 3:40 AM

As opposed to teams like one a half=a-state south of us that "DOESN'T WORK."

Coot trolls ?!?!?!

Sep 20, 2020, 9:05 AM

The last time those deluded goobers played el Cid, they walked off the field with an "L".

For an encore, they followed-up with a loss to App State, a team that got b!tch slapped by Marshall yesterday.

uof6c is starting a QB who was 3 - 10 in games played at Colorado, has a bad wheel, no one at WR for him to throw to, no one at RB for him to hand the ball to, and an OL that is so bad, calling them lousy would be an insult to the word "lousy". The defense is slow, takes bad angles to the ball and can't tackle.

They tried to fire the head coach last year but couldn't afford the buyout but managed to raise enough money to erect a bronze chicken that looks like its running scared.

They're staring straight down the barrel at a 3 - 7 season so who cares what those ignorant inbreds say or think?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

I don’t care but it’s hard to discern b/w them and the

Sep 20, 2020, 10:41 AM

Bandwagon fans we’ve picked up since 2015.

The board was littered with pathetic posts yesterday. Complaining about the score and getting the backups in the game.

We have one cupcake game this year. Those guys need experience. We don’t even get to smash the cupcake
From Columbia this year. Sad

Thank you.

Sep 21, 2020, 5:46 AM

Signed,
cutigerbob®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Replies: 20
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic