Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Some explain this to me
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 37
| visibility 1

Some explain this to me

Oct 27, 2014, 12:21 AM

We gutted out a third straight win with a walking M.A.S.H. unit on offense. The defense that three years ago was about as effective as wet toilet paper at stopping an offensive attack is the strength of our team. We get a week to rest and recover then face a punchless Wake team on the following Thursday. Then another long week to let the bumps and bruises heal and hopefully get some of our injured back for GT. We are bowl eligible for the 16th consecutie season and with the way recruiting is going that is going to continue for the near future. We have beat 24 straight unranked opponents. Ugly W's count just as much as the pretty ones in the standings.

So why exactly do we have so many on here who are acting like we are 2-6 and totally hopeless?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You do know you logged on to T-net right?

Oct 27, 2014, 12:24 AM

What did you expect?

Re: You do know you logged on to T-net right?

Oct 27, 2014, 12:59 AM

haha.....I LOLed

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well....could be any multitude

Oct 27, 2014, 3:05 AM

of things: Coronal Mass Ejections, (get ready for Dec, no power for days)communism, Anne Frank, Woody Allen movies, pleather, the word, "Quench", (makes my skin crawl anyways. IDK?) Ron Cherry, Swoffie, our S&C program, The Oculus, milquetoast nihilism, the beauty of Stout's hair, or Michelob Ultra. Those are the obvious choices IMO.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Or the Oculus....***

Oct 27, 2014, 4:53 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

+1 for the M.A.S.H. reference. Most people after being

Oct 27, 2014, 5:47 AM

scared witless will react with anger toward those doing the scaring.

We've had good Clemson folks threatening to jump off roofs, drink copious amounts of lighter fluid, divorce their wives and put their kids up for adoption, drive their cars into bridge rails, burn their houses and quit their jobs. Others have already fired some, if not all, our staff, chase off team players and lynch university officials. A few vow to never watch another game or give away their season tickets and parking passes.

Then, the next game approaches, and most all have recovered from angst and are ready to lead attacks against our opponents.

I know all this to be true: I've been there, done that. lol

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They are glass half-empty types of fans I guess**

Oct 27, 2014, 6:08 AM

nm

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How do you keep Gamecocks out of your yard?
• Put up goal posts
What does a Gamecock grad call a Clemson Tiger grad in 2 years?
• Boss

We actually dropped a notch in standings. So Ugly wins

Oct 27, 2014, 6:12 AM

don't count as much as pretty ones. The only pretty thing we got going on is the D and CS hair. Injuries don't cause interceptions, almost interceptions, dumb play calling, bad judgement by the QB ETC

Re: We actually dropped a notch in standings. So Ugly wins

Oct 27, 2014, 6:23 AM

The reason why we dropped is because of LSU beating Ole Miss. It would not have mattered if we won 62-0

sc is so far out of the rankings how did you know y'all fell

Oct 27, 2014, 6:43 AM [ in reply to We actually dropped a notch in standings. So Ugly wins ]

further?

You're Ghey. How do you rank in Gheyness? haha***

Oct 27, 2014, 7:34 AM

marlborocountycoot = tigerfanjack = Clemson_Alumnus

Oct 27, 2014, 8:48 AM

sad life

Re: marlborocountycoot = tigerfanjack = Clemson_Alumnus

Oct 27, 2014, 11:09 AM

Ghey? Are you a teenager or just an idiot?

ooooh you have such an imagination, that's all ya got

Oct 27, 2014, 9:01 AM [ in reply to You're Ghey. How do you rank in Gheyness? haha*** ]

yes sad sad indeed

Are you 12?***

Oct 27, 2014, 4:52 PM [ in reply to You're Ghey. How do you rank in Gheyness? haha*** ]

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

marlborocountycoot = tigerfanjack = Clemson_Alumnus

Oct 27, 2014, 8:48 AM [ in reply to We actually dropped a notch in standings. So Ugly wins ]

4-4

We could have won by 30

Oct 27, 2014, 12:47 PM [ in reply to We actually dropped a notch in standings. So Ugly wins ]

and still dropped because of LSU beating Ole Miss. If we win ugly the rest of the season we will have secured a second straight Top 10 finish.

The only thing more worthless than a midseason poll

Oct 28, 2014, 7:48 AM [ in reply to We actually dropped a notch in standings. So Ugly wins ]

Is a preseason poll.

I thought you were gonna say Michelle Obama.***

Oct 28, 2014, 8:05 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Re: I thought you were gonna say Michelle Obama.***

Oct 28, 2014, 8:26 AM

well she and her stupid husband are on another planet when it comes to WORTHLESS

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I prefer to keep my sports and my politics separate***

Oct 29, 2014, 9:00 AM [ in reply to I thought you were gonna say Michelle Obama.*** ]

Standings mean nothing when the only goal is to beat USuC

Oct 28, 2014, 8:05 AM [ in reply to We actually dropped a notch in standings. So Ugly wins ]

and win the bowl game.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

We will move up over the next few weeks

Oct 29, 2014, 9:24 AM [ in reply to We actually dropped a notch in standings. So Ugly wins ]

Because some of the teams currently in the top 15 will end with 3 or more losses simply due to schedule. Most of those teams still have to play several top 15 teams. If we win we will end up top 15.

The only way an ugly win bumps a team in rankings is when teams right in front of them lose and this year that has not happened yet.

Re:my brother is an LSU grad...

Oct 27, 2014, 6:23 AM

Along with all his kids. When they lost to Miss St. He completely shut college football down in his life. He started coming out of it when they beat Fla. A couple of weeks ago and he is completely back now that they beat ole Miss Sat. This is what happens to many fans when they have a winning program. It's sad but it's a good sign we are a winning program, like LSU.

my opinion is that we Tiger fans have been used to the high

Oct 27, 2014, 6:41 AM

powered 500 yard 50 point offense to the point that we forgot what a great defensive team looks like and more importantly how to appreciate it. I try to keep remind my friends that these are NOT ugly wins but beautiful defensive games. It is true that the offense has struggled at times but we are watching one of the best defenses in the nation and I am enjoying every minute of it. Now when the day comes that we can put the two together at the same time(hopefully soon)we are going to have that special season!

Re: Some explain this to me

Oct 27, 2014, 11:00 AM

1) spoiled fan base
2) ugly wins not norm (see #1)
3) some see areas of concern even tho we win (doesn't mean they don't enjoy the win)
4) illusion that our OC has forgot how to coach (see #1)
5) beating doormats doesn't change the fact that we are 1-10 vs 10 win teams past few years.
6) hard to believe we have no other option at qb (see #1)

Its pretty obvious we should have 2 if not 3 QBs

Oct 27, 2014, 11:39 AM

That should start for any other program in the nation. But number 1 pretty much explains everything. I have friends that cant enjoy what has been happening recently. People have quickly forgotten the 90s and early 2000s. We are winning games right now, lots of them. Yeah we need to improve, but that doesnt mean we cant enjoy this a little bit as fans.

A serious observation from your post

Oct 27, 2014, 12:56 PM

I have questioned our QB recruiting since 2011. Next year we are going to be in an even worse situation depth-wise at QB than we are this year in that our backups are either going to be true freshmen or walkons. That likely means that just like 2011 our #2 is going to be a true freshman that we have to burn a year of eligibility in order to get them experience early on in case of injury to Watson.

I know a big part of the problem is Swag being Swag and getting kicked off the team, but it's still a concern. Especially since Watson has now had three significant injuries in less than one year's time.

Re: A serious observation from your post

Oct 28, 2014, 10:44 AM

Yes injuries are a big concern. But that's where we are. I have been a fan since the middle 50's or as far back as I can remember.
I will take a win anytime. I pull for the tigers win lose or draw. I may disagree with coaches who make big bucks, but at same time I realize that I have not seen one practice since the 1965 season. Neither do most of the "fans" on here. I will never boo a player for Clemson. The boo-birds would be furious if it was their son or daughter being booed.
Most of the dumpers on here have never coached and probably their football experience is on X-Box.

Puleeze - keep comments like this for

Oct 27, 2014, 11:27 AM

another board. You know nothing. "Mr. Positive" - Here are some facts. 1 -When our players go down with an injury -it's for real. 2. When an opponent's player goes down with an injury, it's fake. 3. Booing is allowed - IPTAY membership provides for it. 4. Cole Stoudt is a loser - we won our games against SCS, Louisville, BC, and Syracuse because of our defense - Stoudt contributed NOTHING! 5. Dabo knows nothing - but he is a good cheerleader. 6. Chad Morris is a loser -- Tajh Boyd, Martavious Bryant, Nuk Hopkins, Catman and Sammy Watkins made him look good. Quit lurking on this board - Coot!

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Puleeze - keep comments like this for

Oct 28, 2014, 10:51 AM

Number 1 -don't ever call one of our players a looser. He may not be as talented as we would like, but he is out there doing all he can. Dabo knows nothing? That in itself disqualifies your post. Morris is a loser? Since you know so much at what major college are you making millions coaching?

Re: Puleeze - keep comments like this for

Oct 28, 2014, 10:12 PM

^^lol^^

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was 6 my Mother let me have a kitten. It died. Don't send prayers, a TU is better." - tugalooriver circa 2022

honest answer

Oct 27, 2014, 1:21 PM

I think the though of a 6th straight loss to the chickens has gotten most on here extremely concerned. As bad as Carolinas defense is this year, they are better than Syracuse. Our defense is great, but even the 85 Bears D needed some help from the offense. My feelings right now is that South Carolina is going to beat us 17-13. I certainly hope I'm wrong.

Re: honest answer for a coot!***

Oct 27, 2014, 4:49 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

People think out entire linuep shouldn't lose talent

Oct 27, 2014, 1:50 PM

And that's not entirely unreasonable, but we have a LOT of missing pieces that should be returning.

Add in the fact that was can't seem to not step on our collective d!ck on offense a few times during a game, and it seems like nothing really clicks on offense for a while.

But what would you say is the most impressive quarter, half, and game we've had this year offensively?

NC State was good, but dumpers and coots will say they were terrible.

UNC? They are a bad defense, but we still put up 50. Not exactly anemic.

FSU? Many said if we started Watson, we'd have won. That will be the case once he gets healthy.

UGA? Second half was bad, but that first half we put up 21. Field position and questionable playcalls got us behind, but not until it took its toll in the 4th with 10 minutes left. Most of that time was a QB that won't be starting once our #1 does return.

Notice how we were putting points on the board when we had pieces that we do not have now. Did any of you notice Battle was left out against Cuse?

Peak, Leggett, Choice, Watson, Priester. Battle, Guillermo, Gore, Jones. Maybank transferred. Anthony left early in the season. These aren't backups. These were guys who were supposed to make an impact this season. And the guys replacing them hadn't been getting first team reps (except Cole, but even HE was injured). And people wonder why we didn't play well offensively last week.

I'd like to see another team lose:
Their starting QB
Top Receiver
'Young gun' WR
Top Pass-catching TE
Top rusher
Seasoned LT
Most consistent Center
starting RT
1 backup OL due to injury

And we'll see how well they roll at each position. Our rushing defense is down because Howard hasn't panned out, Brooks is injured, and now Choice is out. That's a 3-deep right there (Debate Howard, but Brooks would have been #1 or #2 for me).

When you have those injuries, production drops. People have a right to be worried about the offense until we get a majority of those guys back, but you also have to remember WE WILL GET THEM BACK. Watson will return, I hope Peake does, Battle was out for discipline, Guillermo will be back, Gore is back. RB will still be a concern since we've now lost 3 of them with Fleming, but Gallman looks good and hopefully Dye will give a boost.

What I want to know is 'What do people think about an offense that has 9 injuries or absences, at least 6 to starters, that continually has inexplicable bad snaps, throws, or fumbles....but still manages to win?' And if points are scored from an offensive drive, they did help a win. Lakip, as solid as he's been since FSU, doesn't get into field goal range by himself. And yes, I know our D has had turnovers, but not every point has come from them.

Our foes should pray we don't get back to where we were first half UGA or the first half of FSU, or starting of NC State. We will get the players back. If we put together a game where we don't have some stupid series of mistakes, that's something for someone to worry about.

Clemson

Yep. and Cole had good 2nd half - wish Chad would keep him

Oct 27, 2014, 4:51 PM

in ball-control mode with occasional pass and more under center qb sneaks in red zone!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

good post***

Oct 27, 2014, 5:11 PM [ in reply to People think out entire linuep shouldn't lose talent ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Some explain this to me

Oct 28, 2014, 10:18 PM

I'm happy with a 6-2 record but to me the team looks sloppy this season. Some parts of almost all the games this season we don't look very well coached. The talent that Dabo and co have brought in is great but beating the teams we are suppose to is not everything. When we play good teams I am not real confident on the out come.

Replies: 37
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic