Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
We Play When We Wanna Play
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1,809

Nov 22, 2016, 4:16 AM

I think a lot of y'all don't realize that our team is just as good as it was last year, only better.

First it was all about how we struggled so much against Auburn due to how bad Auburn did last year. But wait a minute, then they realized that Auburn is a lot better this year than they were last year. Shocking given the fact that Auburn has such a pattern of being consistent with their W/L records.... Right? Lol

Then there's that Troy team. But they turned out to be really good too.

NC State -- our worst game. How we managed to win that one, yet lose the Pittsburgh game is exactly what Danny Ford said in his interview last year about his thoughts about Clemson's national championship run. Didn't he say that it sometimes comes down to being 'lucky' and having the ball bounce a certain way.

Clemson hasn't really had to play with a chip on their shoulders and do crazy blowouts just so we can reach the top. Most media outlets focus on the final scores. And the reason that they do is because they have to water it down because the general public is stupid. There are other factors that they overlook. Things like whether or not a team has reveled what plays that they've been practicing, have in their playbooks in any of their previous games. Or the fact that the reason our team didn't blowout the team the we played against the week before our bye week.

This is why we've been ranked higher in the coaches polls than in the AP. And also why our CFP rankings are higher than AP.

Wanna know why everyone thinks Michigan and Ohio State are so good? That has a lot to do with the fact that media outlets are businesses that profit by creating stories that increase view counts. And they assuredly won't be able to get as much view counts by talking about a team that the whole country saw last year all of the news. So they have to cover anything that seems new/abnormal, because that increases view counts. -- Again, this is why AP polls have us ranked the worst of all the polls..

The other thing that you have to consider is that if we run the score up in the first half like we did to Wake Forest, our starters are not going to go out there and overexert themselves when we don't need to. And we're also not going to reveal a lot of our offensive plays until we have to. Otherwise, we'll do what NC State did; Reveal all the plays battling with us, only to get blown away in the next game, like they did to Louisville.

Think about the 1985 Chicago Bears team. Them losing to Miami Dolphins wound up being the best for them.

Look at Ohio State in 2014. They were #4 in the playoffs.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: We Play When We Wanna Play

Nov 22, 2016, 4:52 AM

Actually,I don't think this team is as good as last years.And it has nothing to do with wins,and losses,or the Chicago Bears.
It's about execution,and I have described this years team as an 8 cylinder car running on 7.
At times it appears we shoot ourselves in the foot,rather than what the opposing team is doing.
Too many turnovers,especially in the red zone.Too many busted plays or big plays given up by the defense.A muffed punt,and there.
And you really can't compare last years opponents,or even what Danny Ford said.
It's about now.Right this minute.
We are 10-1,and if you want to bring"luck" into it,then we should be 9-2 and out of the playoff hunt.
State should have beaten us.We got"lucky"
We beat ourselves against Pitt,and that never happened last year.

if State beats us then we don't lose to Pitt

Jan 10, 2017, 9:09 AM

no way

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: We Play When We Wanna Play

Nov 22, 2016, 5:43 AM

Ok, sure. But why wouldn't we "wanna" play every game?

I scanned your sermon and have to say, what stood out the most to me was 1985. As a former Dolphins fan, that year was heartbreaking. #hatethepats

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well I hope next time we're only up by few points

Nov 22, 2016, 7:24 AM

they'll "wanna play" till we're up by three scores.

Yep. My prediction Was Correct.

Jan 10, 2017, 8:41 AM

Validation. ;)

Jan 10, 2017, 9:05 AM

Go Tigers!!!

Replies: 6
| visibility 1,809
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive