Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Wazzup Tiger Fans?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 35
| visibility 1

Wazzup Tiger Fans?

Oct 23, 2020, 4:29 PM

Hey you guys! Big Clemson and Syracuse fan here. My wife is from South Carolina and a graduate of Clemson. I'm from from North Carolina and a Syracuse grad. I know, I know, but I'm not technically a yankee ;)

Clemson is obviously a great school. So is Syracuse. I graduated in 1993 with a degree in Journalism, which we are well known and respected for in the nation. I do love and root for my Orange in all sports, but I also love Clemson. Obviously Syracuse is not too good in football right now, but we do have a respectable history. My wife and I will be present in Death Valley tomorrow... we'll both be wearing orange lol :)

I don't really expect to win, but I do hope my orange perform better than we have so far this year. Coach Gilbert seems to have a go-fast method that at least competes against Brent and that talented defense. I do hope Culpepper starts at QB, and if so I do think we should be able to move the ball and score some points. I'm calling something like 45-30 for the Tigers, but most of all I think the Orange will be respectable. We always seem to get up for Clemson, and I expect no different on Saturday.

I've been in the Valley before, and it's obviously a beautiful stadium and campus! Plus Dabo is a cool dude :) This will be my first game at Clemson since 2018 where we did well, but I'm curious about the new parking regulations now? Where does a visitor find public parking during these strange times? Will we be able to park closer?

Thanks in advance, and Go Orange! Good luck tomorrow Tigers, and hopefully we both come out injury free.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Welcome and good luck. I just don’t see the grit and leadership

Oct 23, 2020, 4:33 PM

on this Syracuse team that I saw on those ones that would give Clemson problems in the past. But that’s why they play the game.

null

I'm not sure what is going on with the team this year but I

Oct 23, 2020, 4:47 PM

do agree. Where has our grit gone? Has Dino lost his touch? I do expect us to play well though.

Re: Wazzup Tiger Fans?

Oct 23, 2020, 4:36 PM

Well you have already told at least one lie. Journalists are not
respected and thats the truth. You say your offense will play
well against Venables defense and that is a wish that won't come
true. You picked 45-30 as the score, another wish or crazy thought.
Try again.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sorry if my optimism offended you my friend :)

Oct 23, 2020, 4:41 PM

I honestly do expect us to play well though. By the way, there are some good journalists left in the country ;)

Go Orange!

Don't pay attention to irmo . . . your industry is one that

Oct 23, 2020, 5:30 PM

has, what feels like QUICKLY, gone to the bottom of the heap. Seems nearly impossible to find anything even remotely resembling "good" journalism.

And the sick thing is - in my parent's day - it was a profession held in the HIGHEST of regards.

Anyway - good luck tomorrow. Your optimism is something - especially after Liberty last week.

But that's why we play - anything can happen.

And I'm no help on the parking situation.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Re: Sorry if my optimism offended you my friend :)

Oct 23, 2020, 6:40 PM [ in reply to Sorry if my optimism offended you my friend :) ]

Quality journalism, like quality politicians on both sides of the aisle, appears to be dormant. Maybe you can begin to change the tide ... good luck ...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 23, 2020, 4:49 PM

Welcome and enjoy your visit. You will have a great time in Clemson, of course with the sights, beauty of the campus and surrounding landscape, not to mention many fine establishments to eat and drink.

I do not share your feelings on the game based on what I know. I can tell you that this team has more talent than seems fair on both sides of the ball. Further, coaching is clicking on offense more this year based on a number of factors I’m sure. Enjoy the show, but your alma mater will be one hurtin crew post noon.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 23, 2024, 6:51 AM

I’m sorry dude but The Cuse will not come anywhere close to 30 pts.
I can see maybe a FG or 2 and maybe a junk TD on our 3rd string .
But more than likely 55-3 Tigers !

Oct 24, 2020, 1:35 AM

agreed thats a little crazy talk.
so far the Cuse have not scored 30 on nobody...and lost to Liberty??? who/where the heck is Liberty anyway?

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Abolish Qualified Immunity

We did throw an INT into the endzone though.

Oct 24, 2020, 4:44 PM

Closer than anyone on this board thought right?

+1 for the LOL, thinking "Journalists" are respected by anyone***

Oct 23, 2020, 5:04 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Oct 23, 2020, 5:20 PM

Not sure why you are going to DV. You should be on the plane to Syracuse with Judge K.

Tough crowd!

Oct 23, 2020, 5:29 PM

Syracusetiger comes around with hat in hands and head bowed and some of y’all are brutal to the guy. Ouch!

I say more of a mean spirited crowd than tough. Easy to

Oct 23, 2020, 6:05 PM

talk tough behind an anonymous keyboard. I don't think the Tigernet of 5 or 10 years ago would be bashing this guy this way. It is unfortunately a sign of the times in which we live.

At least athletes at Syracuse go to class.***

Oct 23, 2020, 6:21 PM [ in reply to Tough crowd! ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

I still have freshman donovan mcnabb nightmares.

Oct 23, 2020, 6:26 PM

I'm still wet too.

Re: At least athletes at Syracuse go to class.***

Oct 23, 2020, 6:42 PM [ in reply to At least athletes at Syracuse go to class.*** ]

There you are!!! I’ve missed you.

I always liked Dino Babers

Oct 23, 2020, 6:30 PM

But he just doesn't seem to have that same fire in him that he used to have. I don't know what's wrong with him but it's like he has given up on the season.

Oct 23, 2020, 6:33 PM

Well, since the resident aholes didn’t bother to try and answer your question:

With the strange restrictions in place, there’s really no general parking. You should consider buying a pass from someone. People can still park on the road by the golf course I believe. I would probably just try to park downtown. If you get a pass, know that tailgating isn’t allowed in IPTAY parking and lots only open 3 hours before kickoff.

Masks are required everywhere in the stadium and concessions are extremely limited. It’s a strange year for sure.

Enjoy yourself but the home team is about to embarrass those yankees...

Oct 23, 2020, 6:49 PM

Welcome Syracuse! I hope your visit to Clemson is a special one, not athletically speaking, of course. The sights and sounds of this remarkable place in the hills should be pleasant. Enjoy yourself, and tell your wife we said "let's go!"

Welcome again to DV Cuse (Biden) Alumnus Boy..

Oct 23, 2020, 7:49 PM

and just can’t see a mere 15 point win for Tigers when Vegas says a 48 point win..

but we know that rather high on the other spectrum so Let’s split it at a 24 point win.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You need an editor. You put your dash in the wrong place.

Oct 23, 2020, 11:10 PM

453-0

Oct 23, 2020, 11:14 PM

Check your Tmail.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 24, 2020, 12:26 AM

From my vantage point, Dino seemed to have mailed it in a couple of years ago and stopped recruiting. SU's talent has really dropped off. I doubt he lasts past this year.

You have no chance of winning. Unless something really weird happens, it will be a blowout. Only way your team scores 30 points is if our cheerleader defensive players (4th stringers and lower) fall really flat. In recent games they have played well.

Have a good time during the game. Safe travels!

Dood...

Oct 24, 2020, 5:58 AM

You lost to Liberty. At home. By 17. Pass me whatever you're smoking. This is going to get ugly quick.

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

You were saying? :)***

Oct 24, 2020, 1:54 PM

322 yds vs 117 yds 13 pt lead with a pick 6 and blocked punt

Oct 24, 2020, 1:56 PM

this game is not close

Welcome Syracuse Tiger!! I apologize for the way

Oct 24, 2020, 9:21 AM

some Tiger fans responded to you on here!! We are not all so belligerent!! Great post and here is to a good game today in Tigertown!!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 24, 2020, 10:15 AM

Hope you enjoy Death Valley and welcome to God’s country! I do want to temper
Your expectations for this game. Syracuse couldn’t score 30 points total in three games against Clemson. The only way Clemson total point score 45 points today is if the game is called at half time.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I appreciate the kind words, but as far as the guys getting

Oct 24, 2020, 1:41 PM

on me..... I tried to tell you guys! Go Orange. Good luck in the 2nd half guys. You're going to need to play better though or we're going to creep up on you.

Re: I appreciate the kind words, but as far as the guys getting

Oct 24, 2020, 1:49 PM

Well, with respect, we gift wrapped the points allowed. Syracuse isn’t making as many mistakes so credit to them, but even if we keep playing like this it’s a 30 point game.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 24, 2020, 2:09 PM [ in reply to I appreciate the kind words, but as far as the guys getting ]

Syracuse Tiger I defended you when some folks were rude. But you need to be careful. This game is going to get ugly. You’re throwing meat to the wolves.

Oct 24, 2020, 3:57 PM [ in reply to I appreciate the kind words, but as far as the guys getting ]

syracuse, you may not be a yankee but you have morphed into one.
No disrespect to yankees but the ny and ohio ones are the snobbiest
You probably work for cnn.

Buddy what do you mean? I haven't done anything

Oct 24, 2020, 4:42 PM

to anyone here? What's up with Clemson Gentleman thing?

Good game. Told you guys it was going to be closer than you thought tho. I like Clemson bit you guys need a dose of humble pie with fans like you.

Re: Buddy what do you mean? I haven't done anything

Oct 24, 2020, 5:58 PM

Just trying to get you rattled cuse...don't take it
to heart.Good luck in your next game.

Replies: 35
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic