Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Watson yet another reason I stopped watching NFL
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 28
| visibility 5,789

Watson yet another reason I stopped watching NFL

Feb 3, 2021, 11:26 PM

Not a Farve fan, either.

But, Farve rather succinctly stated the obvious regarding Watson. Fame changes people. For the worse.

Wish the NFL, NBA, MLB, and NHL would all fold.

Heddles Hideaway today near Spartanburg - 37-35-72

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What EXACTLY did he state that was obvious?

Feb 3, 2021, 11:47 PM

He said nothing relative to Deshaun's situation that can be considered to be accurate, so, what did I miss?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Do you not see any mistakes the Texans have made to...

Feb 3, 2021, 11:56 PM

Get worse and worse while having one of the best QBs in the league?

Re: Watson yet another reason I stopped watching NFL

Feb 4, 2021, 1:19 AM

If QB protection was covered by OSHA, the Texans would have been shut down a couple of seasons ago. He needs out and has carried that team long enough.

Feb 4, 2021, 7:07 AM

One of the reasons that I like Tom Brady, is that for years he took less money so that the team could be better around him.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: he took less money so that the team could be better

Feb 4, 2021, 7:18 AM

So should we all give our co workers a break and settle for $27 million over the next 3 years?

I think that would be a very noble move for all of us.***

Feb 4, 2021, 7:41 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree.. i'll take 24 million to spread the wealth***

Feb 4, 2021, 7:56 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

I agree.. i'll take 24 million to spread the wealth***

Feb 4, 2021, 8:03 AM [ in reply to I think that would be a very noble move for all of us.*** ]

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Feb 4, 2021, 8:48 AM [ in reply to Re: he took less money so that the team could be better ]

If he needs to take less money to make the team better. Then maybe we need to take a salary cut to 15.00/hour so everyone else can make 15.00/hour. It would create equality in society.

Feb 4, 2021, 12:23 PM

Actually it would not. You could give everybody in America $1 million in five years and now people would be exactly where they are right now. It would change may be 10% of the people. Watch those TV shows about people that win the lottery. Most end up wishing they had never won it. That is an absolute dumb thing to say, but that’s how they rationalize the fact that they are idiots and morons and blew all their money! The numbers are staggering when you see how many people that play professional sports or bankrupt five years at the retiring. Most people aren’t successful in life and most people don’t have a lot of money because most people are not very good with money and most people are actually pretty dumb. Average IQ is not actually very intelligent.

Money does not solve problems. After a basic amount of income, enough to cover your bills and live securely, money doesn’t solve anything!

Cities and schools that spend the most money more times than not are some of the worst towns to live in and worst schools to go to. Catholic schools have the highest results yet spend the least amount of money per student. Education starts at home!

So endorsing a progressive tax structure.***

Feb 4, 2021, 8:04 AM [ in reply to Re: Watson yet another reason I stopped watching NFL ]

While playing for the best coach in NFL history, who made

Feb 4, 2021, 8:47 AM [ in reply to Re: Watson yet another reason I stopped watching NFL ]

excellent decisions about personnel and coaches and gave Brady EVERYTHING he needed on the field.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

>False< statement, a common misconception****

Feb 4, 2021, 1:08 PM

Feb 4, 2021, 12:00 PM [ in reply to Re: Watson yet another reason I stopped watching NFL ]

You can like Tom Brady for whatever reason you want to. Tom Brady took less money because he felt that it was in his best interest to do so. He wanted to win Championships and felt like the Patriots were committed to doing what it took to win them. It is not like the Pats ever went out and spent a bunch of money on any individual player. Brady also has the advantage of having a wife whose net worth was just reported at 400M. I think the Brady's can live just fine with Giselle's money.

The Houston Texans are a complete dumpster fire of an organization. It seems like neither Watt nor Watson want to play there anymore. The Organization does not seem to have their best interest in mind. Cal McNair chose Jack Easterby over Watson and Watt. I know Jack. Even if you can ignore all the negative articles that have come out in the last couple of months about him and only look at his positives, no person who wants to run a successful professional football franchise would chose Jack over Watson and Watt. That is a stupid football move.

Feb 4, 2021, 12:53 PM [ in reply to Re: Watson yet another reason I stopped watching NFL ]

He was doing that 4 years into his career?

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 4, 2021, 1:03 PM [ in reply to Re: Watson yet another reason I stopped watching NFL ]

Yes, a gracious gesture on the part of a man who is married to a supermodel who rakes in $40 million a year.

Feb 4, 2021, 7:59 AM

Does this mean the transfer portal will cause you to stop watching college football, too?

What will stop you from posting on TigerNet?

Feb 4, 2021, 8:08 AM

A Clemson fan gets some latitude but frankly DGAF what a UGA fan thinks.

I wholeheartedly agree with this statement from your post.

Feb 4, 2021, 8:08 AM

Bulldog said:

But, Farve rather succinctly stated the obvious regarding Watson. Fame changes people. For the worse.

There are a few exceptions, but this holds true for a vast majority.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Re: I wholeheartedly agree with this statement from your post.

Feb 4, 2021, 8:12 AM

How has Watson changed for the worse?

I didn't say I agreed with him about Watson.

Feb 4, 2021, 8:41 AM

I agree with the statement, fame changes people, many times, for the worse.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Feb 4, 2021, 8:15 AM

Not a Bulldog fan, either.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Feb 4, 2021, 8:35 AM

I support DW4 until he gives me reason not to. I do not support professional sports in any way. They have gotten to big for their britches. I feel the same way about most entertainers.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"If a pig had a better personality, he would cease to be a filthy animal."

This has to be a troll account

Feb 4, 2021, 8:37 AM

No way a leghumper can add 2 digit numbers correctly

Maybe his coot caddie did it for him?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.”
Isaac Asimov

Feb 4, 2021, 8:56 AM

I always question the character of those who wish for a business go have to close, or in this case all of professional sports to go under. Why would you hope for thousands of people to lose their jobs? That wouldn't just involve the athletes. Coaches, scouts, trainers, refs, security, concessions, etc... That's not even to mention the countless local businesses that rely on the traffic generated by incoming fans. And what's the reason for wanting all these people to lose their jobs? Because you think some athletes get spoiled once they become rich?

Anyone Who Thinks a Guy Who Sends Dic Picks is a Good

Feb 4, 2021, 9:14 AM

Source of knowledge likely thinks a guy that wears a visor is a good coach.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No!, please give the NFL a 2nd chance...

Feb 4, 2021, 9:20 AM

FFS, they'll go belly-up w/o you as viewer; lotta people's jobs hanging in the balance-

Feb 4, 2021, 9:42 PM

All I know is that he wants to be traded. Everything else I’ve heard is from “sources”, never from DW4.

People bashing him for things that “sources” have said.

So why exactly do you think fame has changed him for the worse? Just something that somebody else said about him?

Replies: 28
| visibility 5,789
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic