Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Watson
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 28
| visibility 1

Watson

Nov 1, 2013, 9:04 PM

I cant wait til he comes to Clemson....he's gonna really good...might be better than Boyd actually..i know that is a bold statement but i think he has the potential to be better than Boyd

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He's a strong dude with a CANNON arm....

Nov 1, 2013, 9:09 PM

With strong receivers and a decent O-line, he could definitely be one of our best passers EVER! Multi-talented, for sure...

Re: He's a strong dude with a CANNON arm....

Nov 1, 2013, 9:56 PM

Im excited for Clemson Football going forward...defense will continue to get better...if we get good OL play we will be aforce to reckon with for years. GO TIGERS beat Virginia!!

How much weight (muscle) does he need?

Nov 2, 2013, 12:16 AM

He will be great, but I think Kelly will be great as well.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If Watson is as good as advertised, with Kelly's feet,

Nov 2, 2013, 8:50 AM

he could be a decent reciever?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ed Cunningham says:

Nov 1, 2013, 9:19 PM

his arm strength is that of an 8th grade girl, he carries the ball like a loaf of bread, he wears insoles to make himself look taller, and he runs with a limp.

He looks like a man playing.......

Nov 1, 2013, 9:19 PM

among boys. What impresses me is that he's cool, calm and collected, never looks rattled and just glides along.....no wasted motion. He will be really special.

For watson to take us to the next

Nov 1, 2013, 9:25 PM

Step. Dabo is goin to have to get him more than a DECENT OL. Look at what a good OL is doing for winston. We got the skill players now..Strengthen these DL and OL dabo. If this is done watson and clemson will be special for yrs

YEs, &Tajh got us to this level & wish him NFL best & thX***

Nov 1, 2013, 10:05 PM

GoTiGERS!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Watson's threat to run should help with that.

Nov 2, 2013, 12:03 AM [ in reply to For watson to take us to the next ]

Tajh is decent at running but Watson looks quicker and faster.

Watson's Quickness and Speed Will Not Help

Nov 2, 2013, 6:24 AM

when we attempt to run the ball with any back with the type of OL Dabo is currently putting on the field. In regards to the pass, Watson will only be running for his life quicker and faster.

Re: For watson to take us to the next

Nov 2, 2013, 8:52 AM [ in reply to For watson to take us to the next ]

Hopefully Crowder will add some meanness to our O-line next year.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Watson

Nov 1, 2013, 10:04 PM

Yep. He has as much potential and promise as Willie Simmons, and Willy Korn, and we saw how those turned out. My point is, don't count your chickens before they hatch, and don't forget that he'll still have to deal with another soft, weak O line like every other CU QB since God knows when.

Why make a fool of yourself by being on an opponent's

Nov 1, 2013, 10:09 PM

board? SURELY there is more to your life?????

Nov 1, 2013, 10:17 PM [ in reply to Re: Watson ]

Your not even trying to hide that fact that your a troll. That's okay we'll see how that USuC OL holds up against Vic and Grady.

Re: There is a fell voice in the air

Nov 1, 2013, 10:22 PM

and may be a coot troll

Nov 1, 2013, 10:24 PM [ in reply to Re: Watson ]

Really impressive! Both his arm and his speed. I don't see how Stoudt OR Kelly can beat him out. Not even next year when he's a true freshman.

Keep your word Dabo and play the BEST PLAYER. Because he will be the best QB on campus!

Re: Watson- his heros - Tajh and Winston both redshirted -

Nov 1, 2013, 11:31 PM

Seniority counts - Stoudt deserves to be #one next year, then Kelly the next year. Watson can get his chance the year afterwards.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best player plays.***

Nov 2, 2013, 12:10 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Really?

Nov 2, 2013, 12:12 AM [ in reply to Re: Watson- his heros - Tajh and Winston both redshirted - ]

Looks like you and Dabo disagree. He's already said he's going to compete for the starting job. If he's the best then there's no reason to redshirt.

Kelly may well be the best. He has a QB mentality & arm.***

Nov 2, 2013, 12:26 AM

He could be...

Nov 2, 2013, 12:18 AM

But let's not set the guy for failure. If he produces anything close to Boyd's production level we will be in good hands. But we still have Stoudt and Kelly, and they one of them could be the better QB next year.

Re: He could be...

Nov 2, 2013, 12:20 AM

I guess that is a good problem to have

Watson will more than likely

Nov 2, 2013, 12:48 AM

redshirt next year. I don't see him beating out Stoudt and Kelly. Those guys have a few years of the offense under their belt. When you have two very capable starters, why rush Watson? I'm excited to play but I'm just as excited to see Kelly play. I think he starts.

Nov 2, 2013, 6:18 AM

I honestly think he will be an upgraded version of Tajh. He is very talented and I cant wait to see the battle for starter next year.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 2, 2013, 8:10 AM

Saw this guy last night and he IS the real deal. He's fast, elusive, throws well and I believe he will be a starter sooner than anyone thinks. We are in good hands at QB position for next several years with Stoudt,Kelly,Watson!!Wow!!

He'll never start until Kelly leaves.***

Nov 2, 2013, 8:56 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If Watson is the man, I say let him play. Korn was supposed

Nov 2, 2013, 8:56 AM

to be the savior but Dabo started Parker instead. I think Dabo makes the right call here.

Korn's shoulder injury kept him...

Nov 2, 2013, 9:00 AM

from reaching his potential at Clemson. Without the injury, and with a better offensive coordinator, I think he may have been one of the best quarterbacks to ever take a snap at Clemson. It's unfortunate that we'll never know.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 28
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic