Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Watched the replay of ACCCG; several thoughts
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1,998

Watched the replay of ACCCG; several thoughts

Dec 8, 2015, 7:34 AM

Best angle for the offsides was from the Clemson side of the field on the live shot, which they never revisited. As stated elsewhere, the review freeze frame makes it appear no one was off, but I'm always looking for it - wonder why it's not called more often - and thought immediately that the guy(s) on the far side (NC side) of the line definitely leaned across the plane too early.

The formation had nothing to do with the call. Helmet(s) and or hands caused the official to drop the flag.
That's the end of it for me.

One thing I thought going in was we just needed to survive so we could rest up. Have to admit I was not in a celebratory mood after the game. Thought we were possibly in position to get ESPNed out of the top spot. All's well that ends well. Pretty sure we're going to be ready to prove, once again, that we are the real deal.

NC exceeded my expectations. Not sure how they'll replace the QB, so doubtful we'll see a rematch next season. Their fans were realistic for the most part. At one point I thought - how crappy would it be to lose and have to watch these basketball fans celebrate. Probably the way they feel when we're playing them tough at the Dean Dome.

Had no problem entering the stadium. Went in through east (fan zone) end and walked around and up to west upper. Went in 90 minutes prior to have some BBQ and beer. Took our time, and we were in our seats with about 51 minutes on the countdown clock.

Parked on S. Graham across from BB&T stadium. Great proximity but poor surface and inadequate toilets. Will pay more next time for a better setup.

Finally, as much as I like the stadium and the fact that there are no bad seats, it didn't hold in sound like DV. Still, with 80% of the crowd! we made it feel close to a home game. Great turnout Clemson Nation! Go Tigers!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

WL

Re: Watched the replay of ACCCG; several thoughts

Dec 8, 2015, 7:46 AM

I agree with you about offsides not being called more often on KOs. I thought UNCheat was offsides on at least 3 of their kickoffs earlier. When the kicker approached the ball, two guys would start running down the 30 YL (from the Clemson side towards the kicker) and then break downfield. One of those guys crossed the 35 prior to the kick at least 3 times.

Regarding the 9-yard mark rule, it was clear that UNCheat had 2 or 3 guys in violation on the onsides kick. I don't know why that wasn't called (maybe just too many rules for the officials to call the game), but at least he caught #30 crossing the kickoff line prematurely.

What we really need to add is a special teams coach that knows what the heck he's doing. Our special teams aren't just "bad", they're "non-existent."

Go Tigers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oh, another one of these threads***

Dec 8, 2015, 7:53 AM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Oh, another one of these threads***

Dec 8, 2015, 7:58 AM

Notice how I tactfully redirected the post with my reply below.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Watched the replay of ACCCG; several thoughts

Dec 8, 2015, 7:57 AM

UNC backup QB has quite an arm from what I've heard. Lots of talent on that team. UVa, Miami just got a huge upgrade in coaching, and the VT hire looks good as well. UNC may actually have to play better next year given the increased competition just to hold serve. ACC will be MUCH tougher to win next year.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

wow, you didn't celebrate a championship?

Dec 8, 2015, 8:24 AM

why go if that's the case?

I went, saw, cheered, celebrated.... went home proud

Go Tigers and thanks for a GREAT season

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: wow, you didn't celebrate a championship?

Dec 8, 2015, 9:00 AM

I can't explain it. I was happy we won. Joined in on all the cadence cheers on the way out, etc. Just felt like we wouldn't get proper credit for the win. Funny because there was truly never a minute in the season when I didn't think we were in control - even the few minutes we were behind in some games. All I can figure is I was just relieved.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

WL

Replies: 6
| visibility 1,998
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic