Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: The ACC Network: Will you be able to watch the Clemson vs. Georgia Tech game?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 49
| visibility 1

TNET: The ACC Network: Will you be able to watch the Clemson vs. Georgia Tech game?

Aug 9, 2019, 11:24 AM

The ACC Network: Will you be able to watch the Clemson vs. Georgia Tech game?

The ACC Network is set to launch on Aug. 22, but many fans are still wondering how to tune in. The ACC Network will broadcast its first football game, Georgia Tech at Clemson, on Aug. 29. The network plans to broadcast over 450 live events, including 40 football games per season. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I was hoping this would also include a fresh hot take from

Aug 9, 2019, 11:26 AM

Finebaum.

#disappointed

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Re: I was hoping this would also include a fresh hot take from

Aug 11, 2019, 11:37 AM

More Finebaum the better. I can't get enough of what he thinks.

Re: TNET: The ACC Network: Will you be able to watch the Clemson vs. Georgia Tech game?

Aug 9, 2019, 11:32 AM

If it’s on espn 3 you can stream it to your tv.

Re: TNET: The ACC Network: Will you be able to watch the Clemson vs. Georgia Tech game?

Aug 9, 2019, 11:41 AM

But you won't be able to watch on ESPN3 unless you have the ACC Network as part of your cable package, so it doesn't really help the situation sadly.

GO TIGERS

WatchESPN

Aug 9, 2019, 11:49 AM

Why can’t the ACC Network be offered on the ESPN app? Why would it be any different than the SEC Network? ESPN is part owner of both - right?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

you have to prove that you are paying for it for it to be on

Aug 9, 2019, 11:55 AM

espn3

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 9, 2019, 11:47 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: The ACC Network: Will you be able to watch the Clemson vs. Georgia Tech game? ]

If it’s on espn 3 you can stream it to your tv.

It will not be on ESPN3 or Watch ESPN apps UNLESS your TV provider hasthe ACC Network. You will see the games listed , but when you click it will tell you "after spinning" a bit that your TV provider is not authorized, or that you are not Authorized.

Now , you may can borrow a User ID and password from somebody that has a TV provider that does offer ACC Network and get it that way. But all you guys that think it is going to be there to watch for anyonethat gets ESPN are dead wrong.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 9, 2019, 1:01 PM

this is answered 5 times a day here but no one looks at posts or remembers squat when its answered.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 9, 2019, 11:42 AM

What a pathetic excuse for the lack of distribution providers. The best you got is directv. That means if it rains we do not get to see the games. YIKES.
Your marketing strategy with Comcast, Spectrum and ATT Uverse is for the customers to DEMAND Access. When you call theses providers, you get a service rep that can't even spell ACC. What a great strategy?

Aug 9, 2019, 12:19 PM

YouTube tv is the best. As long as you have access to internet it’s the best service for the money. With unlimited dvr and storms interrupt nothing.

Aug 9, 2019, 1:06 PM

I just cancelled Directv this week, bought 2 Roku Premiere + devices, signed up for the trial period for Youtube TV, so I think I'm ready. When the ACCN shows up on Youtube TV, then I will continue with my subscription. I'm setting up things this week, as it takes a while to do, so don't wait until the last minute to do all that if you are planning to go this route.

Aug 10, 2019, 7:54 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: The ACC Network: Will you be able to watch the Clemson vs. Georgia Tech game? ]

I second that. I'll get dropping Directv and getting YouTube TV on all of our TVs as soon as the DirecTV contract is up.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hulu live TV is awesome

Aug 9, 2019, 10:00 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: The ACC Network: Will you be able to watch the Clemson vs. Georgia Tech game? ]

That is all

Except to say I ditched Sling for Hulu and very happy

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Hulu is pretty good, YouTube is better!

Aug 10, 2019, 7:35 AM

Unless you are just relying on what is available on your Firestick, but even that is doable with a little work around.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RUTwIc4oRig

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 12, 2019, 5:26 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: The ACC Network: Will you be able to watch the Clemson vs. Georgia Tech game? ]

I’m going to do what not a lot have done before me and agree with you on this one. This is ??, a big pile of it too!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I am glad they are happy with the fine job they have done

Aug 9, 2019, 11:52 AM

at least we get to watch all the games that aren't on the ACCN

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I am glad they are happy with the fine job they have done

Aug 9, 2019, 12:18 PM

If you are able to get internet access you need to get YouTube tv. The sports channels alone are worth every penny and adding the acc network. Perfect

Re: I am glad they are happy with the fine job they have done

Aug 10, 2019, 11:59 PM

Just one more reason to fire Swofford.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes, and anyone who wants to watch can also.

Aug 9, 2019, 12:07 PM

Aug 9, 2019, 12:07 PM

Those that use Spectrum in the Lexington and west cola areas please keep pestering them. I call them daily!!!! Tia

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 9, 2019, 12:17 PM

The ACC Network: Will you be able to watch the Clemson vs. Georgia Tech game?

The ACC Network is set to launch on Aug. 22, but many fans are still wondering how to tune in. The ACC Network will broadcast its first football game, Georgia Tech at Clemson, on Aug. 29. The network plans to broadcast over 450 live events, including 40 football games per season. Full Story »

Yeah...on Hulu. No carriers around here, Greenville, are carrying it. What kind of bonehead decision is this?

Aug 10, 2019, 2:06 AM

There are four national providers already committed to carrying ACCN. So by default, you will have at least four options in Greenville as well on launch date.

No one is married to Spectrum or Dish! Fire them and switch to one of the providers carrying ACCN.

WOW! Rosalyn Durant said it better than Swofford!

Aug 9, 2019, 12:17 PM

BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH plus another BLAH!!!

This is a joke. Not to worry, I'll be at the home games. Would like to catch other games though. Hurry up & wait I guess (very use to that).

Go Tigers AND Tiger Nation(al & WORLD CHAMPIONS!)!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Si vis pacem, para bellum (if you want peace, prepare for war)
USMC 1980-83
-Camp Lejeune
-Beirut, Lebanon
SC National Guard 1983-2018

Hulu 30 day free trial.

Aug 9, 2019, 1:03 PM

Boom

Aug 9, 2019, 1:04 PM

Does anyone know what channel number it will be on DirecTV?

Aug 9, 2019, 1:08 PM

When I called them last week (twice), they could not even tell me what DATE it would be available. Plus, they indicated it is an additional $13.99 to add that channel.

Aug 9, 2019, 6:21 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: The ACC Network: Will you be able to watch the Clemson vs. Georgia Tech game? ]

yes, just logon to your account and look

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 9, 2019, 1:04 PM

Does anyone know what channel number it will be on DirecTV?

Aug 9, 2019, 1:16 PM

I don't understand the lack of a "bridge" agreement, whereby, we could get the Network via the espn app or even a direct subscription through espn until they get it all lined up.

I have called the ACC and can't get a call back to discuss this. Hard to believe that the rollout of the ACC is so haphazard and sloppy.

Deer Rosalyn, I am not as pleased with the progress to date.

Aug 9, 2019, 1:18 PM

I hope the near future you speak of includes finalizing the deal with Spectrum before 8/29/19.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Deer Rosalyn, I am not as pleased with the progress to date.

Aug 9, 2019, 1:49 PM

before 8/22. Why should their customers miss all the network's programming

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 9, 2019, 1:41 PM

They're happy with this fiasco? And they had how many years to get this done? Heads should roll.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 9, 2019, 1:50 PM

See the problem is Swoff was given years to delay the start and protect his Raycom buddies and son. WHy did the Presidents of the schools allow this?

Aug 9, 2019, 1:58 PM

Direct TV = Cloudy day and no signal, Hulu is a hackers paradise, Spectrum not in our area and we have ATT Uverse due to secure internet needed due to working at home. As usual, ACC evidently has waited to long to negotiate contracts with any of the more reputable providers to get on with. If it's not announced by now, it won't happen before GA. TECH and probably til middle of or end of season. Hope I'm wrong. GO TIGERS!!!

I just got off the phone with U-verse. Of course no one

Aug 9, 2019, 5:26 PM

knows anything. Call them and worry the #### out of them. Best number is
(866) 446-4115.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes, I will be able to watch the Clemson-Georgia Tech game..

Aug 9, 2019, 2:26 PM

from section UD.

Go Tigers!

Aug 9, 2019, 2:49 PM

Yes. I will be in my seats in the stadium and not caring about ACCN availability.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 9, 2019, 5:12 PM

It's complete ######## to implement the network this way. A lot of Tiger fans will be missing the game because ACC wants to make money off subscriptions. Sorry but I'm not going to pay an extra fee for non-Clemson games when these schools are already making a ton off of all the other broadcast deals.

Aug 9, 2019, 8:10 PM

Calm down folks. It is normal for the providers to wait until the last minute to add the channel in cases like this. Guess they are holding out for the best deal possible. I read somewhere that the SEC Network was not added until one or two days before it launched. However; I've already told Comcast that I'm gone if they don't add it. uTube TV seems like the best choice now that they are on board. Wish I could still make it up the ramp to TDN. I'd be in my seats w/ chairbacks on the 40 after parking just across the street. Those were the days.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So, besides the punctuation in the article being ######..

Aug 9, 2019, 9:23 PM

...most people won't get the game. What a crock of crap.

Re: So, besides the punctuation in the article being ######..

Aug 10, 2019, 2:13 AM

Since there are four national options to choose from, any people who “won’t get the game” are choosing not to get the game because they are unwilling to dump their old legacy provider.

And even if for some reason they really loved their old cable provider because of their fair pricing, wonderful customer service and unlimited Matlock reruns, they could still sign up for a free trial with Hulu, YouTubeTV, etc. watch the game and keep their stodgy old cable company.

Aug 9, 2019, 9:46 PM

I will. Love my Google Fiber.

Will you be able to watch the game? YES!!!

Aug 10, 2019, 4:06 PM

On gameday, search "reddit Clemson-[opponent] stream".

You'll be taken to a page where you can choose what stream you want. Wade through a popup or two and enjoy your game.

The ACC is rolling in money, partially due to my Tigers. I won't feel bad at all not sending them a few dollars every month.

I already HATE the ACC Network...

Aug 10, 2019, 11:45 PM

For keeping me from watching my Tigers when Comcast does not offer it. Jacking up a good thing as I have not missed a game even being in MN in years. Sorry I am pissed at this point. Why don’t we start calling Drad instead and telling him this is a load of crap instead of the cable companies. Just sayin!

Aug 11, 2019, 4:14 PM

I have Sling, and got the 'extra sports' package, and there is an ACC Network in there. All of the sources mentioned in the article don't mention Sling. What am I seeing?

Aug 11, 2019, 4:48 PM

Ok, my poor Mother-In-Law has relied on a cheap, "dang I'm retired" tv package, for years and it used to be she could even watch FREE with her Antenna, at least a few games on channel 4 or 7. Now, I'm gonna try to come up with resources for her to watch, but that's not the point. She has supported Clemson University for well over 50 years (lives in Piedmont SC - a rocks throw from the University). So, this whole ACC Network has turned into a cluster truck. Someone at the University / ACC or State level should push to provide SC's retired residents, living on next to nothing a month, a solution, be it a subsidy or something. While she has dish, she is not going to pay $15 / month extra. She is spitting nails...

The cost of living continues to rise while incomes remain stale... Us with engineering backgrounds should buy the equipment to get a single subscription and stream it via some secure protocol over VPN, or transmit it over a local tv channel, at limited ranges of course, throughout local neighborhoods ha ha ! There are ways is all I'm saying.

Aug 28, 2019, 11:25 PM

Shame on Clemson and the ACC for this absolute mess. Like I've time warped back to 1985 and if not living in SC it's impossible to find the game on TV. Long way to go to match the SEC network. Painful as he'11 to admin that.

Aug 28, 2019, 11:43 PM

Nope. Hard to get in Dallas. I could grenade everything and get YouTube. I just don't want to set up a Google Pay account. I don't think the bars around here are concerned about the ACCN. Sad day for this Tiger fan.

Aug 28, 2019, 11:44 PM

YouTube TV

Replies: 49
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic