Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Watch ESPN APP gone ???
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1

Watch ESPN APP gone ???

Jul 16, 2019, 10:08 PM

I was planning on getting the acc network through the watch espn app. What happened? Is there a new app that I can't find? Please help

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Watch ESPN APP gone ???

Jul 16, 2019, 10:10 PM

The regular ESPN app has incorporated the WatchESPN functionality.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Re: Watch ESPN APP gone ???

Jul 16, 2019, 10:16 PM

Yes (see above). Plus, if you have the ESPN app already, you will probably have to do what I had to do and delete the ESPN app and re-download it. Then you have to sign in all over again. Once you do all that, then the ESPN app seems to work. I could not get it to work until I did all that.

That said - I recommend anyone that plans to use it to go ahead and test it out before they actually need it.

is espn.Inc the same as espnwatch?***

Jul 17, 2019, 12:06 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Something to be aware of....

Jul 16, 2019, 10:38 PM

Just because you have the WatchESPN app does not mean you will be able to watch the ACC Network. In order to use the WatchESPN app you have to sign in via a handshake between ESPN and your TV provider. In other words - ESPN forces you to identify a qualifying TV Provider and login to WatchESPN through that TV Provider. If your TV provider does not carry the ACC Network - chances are you will not be allowed to access the ACC Network feeds on the WatchESPN app once it starts broadcasting. I know in the past, ESPN has blocked certain feeds on their app if they are not part of your TV package, so I imagine they will continue this practice with the ACC Network....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Something to be aware of....

Jul 17, 2019, 2:06 AM

I have ESECPN 1, 2, 3, and ESECPUHD, will I be able to get the ACC network, and, I have Spectrum cable, are they carrying the ACC network??? TIA

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 17, 2019, 5:49 AM

I have ESECPN 1, 2, 3, and ESECPUHD, will I be able to get the ACC network, and, I have Spectrum cable, are they carrying the ACC network??? TIA

As of right now Spectrum does not have a TV carriage agreement with the ACC Network. My guess is that until Spectrum and the ACC Network come to a carriage agreement you will NOT be able to watch the ACC Network on the WatchESPN app. If history is any indication, ESPN will limit your WatchESPN streams to those channels/content in which your TV provider and ESPN have carriage agreements. At the end of the day we will see but I think a lot of folks thinking they can get around their TV provider not carrying the ACC Network via the WatchESPN app are going to be very disappointed.

If you are happy with your Spectrum TV service (I was not and dumped them) then it may be worthwhile to wait until closer to launch of the ACC Network (August 22) to see if Spectrum picks it up. If Spectrum does not obtain an agreement to carry the ACC Network by mid August, my recommendation would be to sign up for PlayStation Vue or Hulu TV who already have agreements with the ACC Network.

The good thing about PlayStation Vue (and I imagine Hulu is the same) is that there is no contract - you can cancel their service at any time and restart their service at any time. If you want to keep your Spectrum TV, you could subscribe to PS Vue or Hulu for the period of time you want to watch the ACC Network and then cancel once Spectrum gets an agreement with the ACC Network or you no longer want to watch the ACC Network. For myself, I got tired of the overpriced Spectrum TV service and dumped them (still use Spectrum for my Internet service). I now have PS Vue as my TV provider and gateway into the WatchESPN app and have been very pleased with the PS Vue service.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 17, 2019, 9:13 AM

Maybe dumb question but gonna ask anyway. Do you have to have a PlayStation to sign up for play station vue

Jul 17, 2019, 9:22 AM

No

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 17, 2019, 10:21 AM [ in reply to Re: Something to be aware of.... ]

gbcater said:

Maybe dumb question but gonna ask anyway. Do you have to have a PlayStation to sign up for play station vue

You don't need a PlayStation console to get PS Vue. Here are the ways you can stream PlayStation Vue:

1. PlayStation®4 consoles
2. PlayStation®3 consoles
3. Roku Players and TVs (firmware 7.7 and up)
4. Amazon Fire TV (all gens)
5. Apple TV (4th gen running tvOS 11.0 and up)
6. Android TV (all gens)
7. Via PC through your web browser at psvue.com/watch (most recent versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari and Microsoft Edge, as well as previous “evergreen” versions.)
8. Mobile and tablet devices:
iOS devices: iOS 9 or higher
Android: Android phones and tablets running Android OS version 5.0 or higher
Amazon: Fire HD6 tablets and above
Google Chromecast (1st gen and up)

I'm using my Roku boxes to stream PS Vue and have been really pleased with the service.

My app still works

Jul 16, 2019, 11:40 PM

I just had to reactivate it.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Replies: 10
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic