Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Washington Redskins
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

Washington Redskins

Jul 9, 2020, 8:18 AM

Take the Native American off the helmet. Put the R back on. And make this the new mascot. Voila! Problem solved.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Washington Redskins

Jul 9, 2020, 8:45 AM

I'm 11% Native American and "Redskins" doesn't bother me a bit.

If we continue to cater to the perpetually "offended" class very soon there won't be anything left. Why we're letting emotionally disturbed people dictate social policy in our country is perplexing. We reek of weakness and are inviting an a$$-whipping from the rest of the planet.

Remember something, the "offended" class in this country is incapable of running it. The only thing they're capable of is destroying it.

The NFL is just weak.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 9, 2020, 8:57 AM

Are you sure you aren't even 11% offended? Thanks for speaking on behalf of actual Native Americans though. How could anyone ever find this offensive?

"The term "red-skin" was, in fact used in conjunction with scalp hunting in the 19th century. In 1863 a Winona, Minnesota, newspaper, the Daily Republican, printed an announcement: "The state reward for dead Indians has been increased to $200 for every red-skin sent to Purgatory. This sum is more than the dead bodies of all the Indians east of the Red River are worth." A news story published by the Atchison Daily Champion in Atchison, Kansas, on October 9, 1885, tells of the settlers' "hunt for redskins, with a view of obtaining their scalps", worth $250. In his early career as the owner of a newspaper in South Dakota, L. Frank Baum wrote an editorial upon the death of Chief Sitting Bull in which he advocates the annihilation of all remaining Redskins in order to secure the safety of white settlers, and because "better that they die than live the miserable wretches that they are."

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 9, 2020, 9:00 AM

Nope, I'm still not offended.

Please do seek professional help though, you're not well.

Jul 9, 2020, 9:04 AM [ in reply to Re: Washington Redskins ]

Surprisingly the name doesn't offend southern middle aged white males.

Jul 9, 2020, 9:08 AM

Thanks for letting us know you're not rascist or anything.

If it were the Washington Blackskins and the logo

Jul 9, 2020, 8:51 AM

was something like a Zulu warrior in a headdress it would've been changed long, long ago. Regardless of whether it's really offending people, there is absolutely a double standard regarding African Americans and Native Americans.

Re: If it were the Washington Blackskins and the logo

Jul 9, 2020, 9:02 AM

Redskins is on the same level as the Darkies, Palefaces, ######, Gooks, Blackies. The name is derogatory.

Also here is a little know fact:

The term "red-skin" was, in fact used in conjunction with scalp hunting in the 19th century. In 1863 a Winona, Minnesota, newspaper, the Daily Republican, printed an announcement: "The state reward for dead Indians has been increased to $200 for every red-skin sent to Purgatory.

I vote for changing the name.

I’m offended

Jul 9, 2020, 9:07 AM

That you have a vote in this matter. How do you get to vote?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Buy the team and you can change it to anything you want!***

Jul 9, 2020, 11:04 AM [ in reply to Re: If it were the Washington Blackskins and the logo ]

Not true

Jul 9, 2020, 12:17 PM

Snyder doesn’t WANT to change the name.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If it were the Washington Blackskins and the logo

Jul 9, 2020, 3:31 PM [ in reply to Re: If it were the Washington Blackskins and the logo ]

I think it’s an awesome name, it honors the true owners of our land.

Jul 9, 2020, 9:01 AM

If I was an Indian I would not be upset about the name but rather by how inadequately run.

If the Falcons changed their mascot to the Georgia Crackers

Jul 9, 2020, 9:23 AM

I would chuckle at it and move on...as long as they did it at their own initiation

Or if my team, the Bucs, changed their name to the Tampa Bay Honkies, I would still pull for them every week, although I probably wouldn't buy/wear their gear

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If the Falcons changed their mascot to the Georgia Crackers

Jul 9, 2020, 9:41 AM

there was a minor league team years ago called "Crackers" in Atlanta. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atlanta_Crackers

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 9, 2020, 11:45 AM [ in reply to If the Falcons changed their mascot to the Georgia Crackers ]

Has there been a long history if white folks being derisively call honkeys or crackers as lynch mobs hunted them down and murdered them? I’m of Jewish descent, and if the Brooklyn NBA team changed their mascot name to the k###s, I would not be pleased.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 9, 2020, 2:39 PM

geech72 said:

Has there been a long history if white folks being derisively call honkeys or crackers as lynch mobs hunted them down and murdered them? I’m of Jewish descent, and if the Brooklyn NBA team changed their mascot name to the k###s, I would not be pleased.

But, Al Sharpton and Calypso Louie would like that name for Brooklyn.

Jul 9, 2020, 4:41 PM

Change name to "SAVAGES"; would be more historically correct-

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic