Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Done with the NFL
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 1

Done with the NFL

Dec 17, 2017, 7:24 PM

Havent watched much all year and made the mistake of watching the end of Pitt/NE. What a load of crap. The league and everything assoc with it is a disgrace.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Done with the NFL

Dec 17, 2017, 7:29 PM

Wow I just walked in the door from church can you briefly explain to me what everyone is talking about

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

turn on NBC I'm sure they will go indepth

Dec 17, 2017, 7:33 PM

basically Pitt guy caught ball on 1, down on his knees but not touched. He pivots on his knees and lunges over the goal line for a TD to win game. Ball hits ground IN THE ENDZONE.

The refs review and call it incomplete.

Pitt throws an INT on the next play to lose game.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: turn on NBC I'm sure they will go indepth

Dec 17, 2017, 7:51 PM

Pitt player starts to pull the ball into his chest, then realized he needs to extend it to reach the endzone. To say he doesn't have control/possession is simply wrong!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 17, 2017, 7:33 PM [ in reply to Re: Done with the NFL ]

before you read anything about it, find a clip of the overturned touchdown by Pittsburgh at the end of the game. Then listen to some of the Pat fans try to explain it.

Receiver possession is different in the NFL

Dec 17, 2017, 8:09 PM

He either needed to catch the ball and make a "football move" with the ball under his control or catch it and control it all the way to the ground. The football move means landing on his feet and taking two or three steps. He caught the ball while going to the ground, reached out but lost control when it hit the ground. He never had possession, so it wasn't a case of the ground causing a fumble.

The bigger problem is they gotta find somebody who can cover Gronk before the playoffs, because this was a preview of the AFC championship, but now it will be in Boston unless Steelers finish a game ahead of Pats.

Should free up some time on the night of the Super Bowl

Dec 17, 2017, 7:36 PM

That will be nice..

Re: Should free up some time on the night of the Super Bowl

Dec 17, 2017, 8:06 PM

Actually it will. Used to watch for years but didnt even make it through last years Super Bowl. Maybe thats because the only football team I pull for is one where I have a real connection to, 2 degrees.

the real problem with the pitt call

Dec 17, 2017, 8:14 PM

Is they didn’t run the play for bryant.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 17, 2017, 8:33 PM

me too....................Go Tigers!!!!!!!!!!!

Dec 17, 2017, 8:36 PM

https://twitter.com/MikePereira

Dec 17, 2017, 8:38 PM

So the league is a disgrace and you’re done with it because the refs made a bad call? Which happens multiple times every time a game is played....

I’m actually relieved though. I thought someone new had done took a knee....

Dec 17, 2017, 8:41 PM

New England more than likely won the super bowl today. Steelers will not beat them in Foxboro.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 17, 2017, 8:41 PM

I hate NE as much as anyone, but it was the right call based on the current rule. If you want to argue whether the rule makes sense I might agree with you...but the crew made the right call today.

Dec 17, 2017, 8:43 PM

Exactly and I hate NE

Dec 17, 2017, 8:46 PM

Lol. This one call is your hill to die on?

Were you done with college football after the Oklahoma/Oregon call in 06?

Dec 17, 2017, 8:51 PM

Not this one call. Like I said, I have watched very little over the last year. This has only re-enforced why I've stopped caring. Just tired of the kneeling, domestic abuse, drug use etc. I'll stick with college ball. Thats just me, u do what u want.

Dec 18, 2017, 1:28 AM

So do you think the NFL players who came from college football only started doing drugs, domestic violence, and having the views that lead to them "kneeling" once they make the NFL? We see players busted for drugs all the time in college football, and see crimes against women by college players(Mixon and Winston come to mind) often as well. And of course the college game has its own share of bad calls.

If you don't like the pro game as much as the college game that's one thing, but don't try and act like it's out of some moral outrage.

Dec 17, 2017, 9:08 PM

What's the NFL???

It was the right call

Dec 18, 2017, 1:07 AM

Here's how it appears in the NFL rulebook:

"A player who goes to the ground in the process of attempting to secure possession of a loose ball (with or without contact by an opponent) must maintain control of the ball until after his initial contact with the ground, whether in the field of play or the end zone. If he loses control of the ball, and the ball touches the ground before he regains control, there is no possession.

Was the initial contact not his knee?

Dec 18, 2017, 6:55 AM

Then, after showing clearly maintained possession through the initial contact with the ground, he reached across the goal line and there on his second contact with the ground, he dropped the ball.

The NFL does great things for the community.

Dec 18, 2017, 2:31 AM

Get over it snowflake. They made a bad call. It has happened many times before through many decades.

Replies: 21
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic