Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Was reading an article on Dwayne Allen and came across
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1

Was reading an article on Dwayne Allen and came across

Aug 8, 2014, 3:25 PM

this story in the comments section:
"I hate the Colt’s but I’m pulling for this guy. My company sponsored a walkathon a couple months ago and he made an appearance. No camera crews, no reporters, nothing to advertise his efforts. Just showed up in a t-shirt and some sweats and played catch with the kids. My son asked him for an autograph and he gladly signed it. A couple of hours later my son had worked up the courage to ask him for football advice. He said, “Mr. Allen, what does it take to succeed in football”. Dwayne Allen scooped my son up in his arms(he’s 6), and smiled and said, “Well Victour(he remembered his name 2 hours later despite being around dozens of kids), you have to start with the classroom. The school class room. You have to get the best grades. You have to work hard there. You have to do all of your homework, every day. You have to eat healthy and take care of your body. You have to make good choices in life and do good things. You do that, and the football part will take care of itself”

I'm incredibly proud to have as many high character guys representing this University on and off the field...GO TIGERS!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Is something wrong with the thumb's up button? This is a gem***

Aug 8, 2014, 5:01 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Was reading an article on Dwayne Allen and came across

Aug 8, 2014, 5:59 PM

So great. Thanks for sharing. Wasn't Dwayne Allen one of the former players who graduated today? Good for him!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 8, 2014, 5:59 PM

So great. Thanks for sharing. Wasn't Dwayne Allen one of the former players who graduated today? Good for him!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Do you have a link to the article? I would love to read

Aug 8, 2014, 8:00 PM

it and share it with my grandsons

Aug 9, 2014, 8:08 PM

DA is da man. He is my wife and mine's all-time favorite Tiger. Got to meet him after the last VT game in Blacksburg. Keep doing great things Dwayne!

Replies: 5
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic