Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Was everybody else as shocked as I was at how easy a gang of
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 488

Was everybody else as shocked as I was at how easy a gang of

Jan 6, 2021, 7:27 PM

necktards were able to gain access to the Capitol building? I just assumed the security was freaking ironclad. We've all read about the White House, right... snipers on the roof, drones patrolling, super surveillance, Secret Service and Special Forces type dudes lying in wait, etc. And that's just the stuff we know about. You know there's so much more that that we will never know about. Like, if terrorists got a couple tanks and rolled up on the White House, I can imagine laser beams blowing em all up before they even got close...

But these folks just cruised right in, like it was a nothingburger. What if a couple of em had AK-47s, or maybe some bombs, and wanted to take out Congress? Jeez Louise.

OK, my last P&R post for a while. I've posted here more in the last couple weeks than the last 20 years...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A drunk will run a STOP sign, but a stoner will wait for it to turn green.

There is no telling what they brought into the building and

Jan 6, 2021, 7:32 PM

what they left behind.

I wouldn't want to go in there for a week or so and they had thoroughly scoured the place for everything.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

did the bring the Wuhu flu? Were they wearing masksks?***

Jan 6, 2021, 7:45 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If she's a hollerer, she'll be a screamer.
If she's a screamer, she'll get you arrested.

They brought the Trump Plague and your mama's soiled panties***

Jan 6, 2021, 7:50 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Taking over The Capitol while the full Congress is in session...

Jan 6, 2021, 7:37 PM

Yep... That's PIXX POOR security

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Capitol Police complicit, incompetent or both. Resignations

Jan 6, 2021, 7:47 PM

imminent.

Legislative hearings and maybe a commission will be promptly held. Potential prosecutions if complicit. Look for total revamp of Capitol security.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

OK I lied, one more post. LOL I'm all for the police or whoever

Jan 6, 2021, 7:56 PM

having greater latitude in taking charge of situations. I said the same thing during the BLM/Antifa riots and looting. Totally mind-blowing to see a line of police officers just standing there watching and doing nothing, as buildings are being fire bombed in Portland, Seattle, Chicago. Families cowering in their homes and just hoping they are spared. What da fuq? That's just nuts. Take those idiots out. Restore order, by whatever means necessary. Same thing today, don't let mobs overrun the Capitol for crying out loud.

Man, they used to handle this kinda crap, and I mean quickly. I remember watching the 1968 DNC protests/riots on TV... the cops came riding in on horses and swinging billy clubs. They threw your butt face down on the asphalt, handcuffed you, and tossed you in the paddy wagon. Your lovely parting gift was a cracked tooth or maybe a horseshoe-shaped bruise on you chest. And guess what... everybody just moseyed on back to the house, and they passed on showing up tomorrow night. Problem solved.

A drunk will run a STOP sign, but a stoner will wait for it to turn green.

Re: Was everybody else as shocked as I was at how easy a gang of

Jan 6, 2021, 8:51 PM

they did find pipe bombs and weapons did get inside the capital building, there was an armed standoff with security.

The days of being able to walk up to the capital stairs and take pictures inside the Rotunda are gone. We can't have nice things in this country because of a handful of miscreants that ruin it for everyone else.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yep. The protests didn't shock me. The shocking thing was

Jan 7, 2021, 6:00 AM

How unprepared the capital police were. I have a feeling that since this was a different breed of protesters, they miscalculated they were going to be peaceful. I mean conservatives don't protest. These people support blue lives matter after all. They carry American flags. Many are veterans. The woman who was killed was a former Air Force servicemember.

They either miscalculated and/or are incompetent. Either way.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 8
| visibility 488
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic