Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Good morning everybody. How was your weekend?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 71
| visibility 1

Good morning everybody. How was your weekend?

Feb 22, 2021, 8:00 AM

Friday night. Just hung around the house.

Saturday, tinkered with this table I'm building them me at a buddy a Shoeless for some beers and to give him ashes for his chickens. Those 3 beers made me pretty lethargic the rest of the day.

Sunday, my Aunt came to visit. Took her to Smoke on the Water and to see the Falls Park stuff.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Relaxing. Fixed the drain in oldest son's bathroom sink

Feb 22, 2021, 8:03 AM

Seems he clogged it with toothpaste (don't ask). Cleaning lady then proceeded to yank the drain until it came out (broken), then cleaned the sink and left the drain to the side. Went to lowes and got a new drain and handle assembly to fix the ###### thing. Did Sam's run. Wife bought groceries since she had a recipe with a bunch of stuff I never buy. Mom came over and visited the grands. Ate the concoction (wife claims not for MIL, but who knows). Was good. Slept in until like 8am both days.

Overall 8.37/10

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

OK

Feb 22, 2021, 8:05 AM

Friday damp
Saturday went up to the mts for B-day and it was a bit windy and cold to really enjoy the outside but the bright sunshine was nice
Sunday alternated between the couch, the recliner, and the chair on the deck

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov
Panta Rhei Heraclitus

Major improvement over last weekend

Feb 22, 2021, 8:05 AM

Fri - Left work at 12:15 and went to Hartwell, only netted two bass in 3 hours. Pizza and movie night with fam

Sat - Up at 4:45, Fished a tournament on Hartwell, prolly finished around middle of the pack. Spent $35 for a meal for 3 at Five Guys

Sun - Church in the morning, played outside with kids all afternoon, Coyote trapper set some traps. Hope we don't catch neighbor's doggies.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nice thx for asking

Feb 22, 2021, 8:06 AM

Fri dinner at Davanis, had a shrimp scallop Provençal dish excellent; Sat Bday celebration for son & gson at World Piece/Liability Brewing, had a Clemson jersey made for gson with his name on back, #8 for his age. Sun set gate and fence posts for new garden, burned some calories doing that!

Great Weekend!

Feb 22, 2021, 8:07 AM
708.jpg(156.7 K)
7RM.jpg(162.0 K)

Great Weekend! Took my two girls (pics included) to the range Saturday. They both acted all grown up and behaved just nicely! Quite a few of the fellows there were really gushing over my the “big” sister but I was able to keep them in line. ?? Few hours there and then as I was on may way home Mrs. HuntClub called to say that she would have a meal ready for me when I got home – Most awesome day. Ladies treated me very well.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

John 3:16; 14:1-6

Love that dymond wood

Feb 22, 2021, 8:16 AM

Makes a nice knife handle too

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov
Panta Rhei Heraclitus

Re: Good morning everybody. How was your weekend?

Feb 22, 2021, 8:09 AM

Friday: Drove to MB and stayed with son and DIL. Went to Fiesta Mexicana for dinner.

Saturday: played golf with son at Pine Lakes. Had a blast. Dinner at Carolina Ale House and then back to his house to watch golf.

Sunday: drove back to Gangland to check on ms midland. She had to work this weekend. Watched golf.

9.5/10 - since wife di not make trip.

How was Pine Lakes?

Feb 22, 2021, 8:46 AM

I have not played it yet, but sounds like they have put a lot of money into it in the last few years.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

MauldinT, where are you???

Welp, The Tigers didn't play but I didn't die.

Feb 22, 2021, 8:12 AM

Drove to Charlotte to look at a 2019 Ram Bighorn. Really nice truck with low miles. Only issue was what may have been a leak at the windshield as there was water on the inside of the window and on the dash. They were going to check it out today. By the time we got home it had sold. Poot.

Sunday went to Athens to look at a Laramie, but it was a quad cab which means no room in the back seat. Had 50K miles and had been in an accident. Too scared to buy that one.

Back to the interwebs.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

Au Contraire it was a double sweep weekend

Feb 22, 2021, 8:20 AM

Haven't you heard? we're a softball school now.

Get on the bandwagon while there's still room.

Panta Rhei Heraclitus

Dang. Forgot it was baseball and softball season.

Feb 22, 2021, 8:45 AM

Still, by not playing basketball we moved up 7 spots in the RPI according to Mr. Bourrett.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

I feel vindicated.

Feb 22, 2021, 8:48 AM

I've said for YEARS our best option at having a successful basketball program was NOT to play games.

WHO'S THE GENIOUS NOW?!!!??

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

S'awright.

Feb 22, 2021, 8:13 AM

Friday, visited RH Mom, came home and ate, drank bourbon, played bass, watched TV.

Saturday, kept Joonyer's two pups while he and fiance were gone to Clemson to take engagement pictures at the botanical garden, so LOTS of dog walking. Washed car for the first time in a long time, fixed muddy ruts in the yard because contractors can't seem to stay on the driveway. Cleaned up, made pizza, went to MEDIUM volume acoustic session and finally got to play the new bass in a band setting. VERY happy with how it sounds through my large amp rig.

Sunday, shovel and wheelbarrow stiff and sore so was lazy in the morning. Went to visit RH Mom for a bit, then grocery run. Back home to walk pup, Mrs. made Spanish tortilla then went to work on basslines for a couple of new tunes we're adding. Flopped down in the Big Chair around 9:30 and watched about an hour of Fan Controlled Football game...basically just boring as Hades Arena ball with pitifully unprofessional game announcers.

18.25/19 Covids, could have been more exciting.

Bought a new record player that connects to Bluetooth

Feb 22, 2021, 8:16 AM

so that was nice. Otherwise, it was spent cleaning up mud from dog paws, blood from dog surgery, and messes from the kids. I also ran a couple times and spent some time at my mom's visiting with her for the first time in a month or so, maybe since Christmas though. We sat outside in her driveway and talked/let the kids play.

The record player was the highlight though. It ain't nothing fancy, but it sounds MUCH better than my old one and it should last longer. Not to mention, I can hook it up to nicer speakers if I get so inclined. Found out my copy of Workingman's Dead is scratched though. Off to eBay.

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Bought a new record player that connects to Bluetooth

Feb 22, 2021, 8:21 AM

I’m looking for one to put in an old Magavox 4 leg cabinet from the 60’s. I took the old turntable and circuitry out. Will make a nice end table etc

I’ll make you a good deal on my usb turntable

Feb 22, 2021, 9:58 AM

You’ll need a windows xp computer to use it, they stopped updating the drivers along time ago

Panta Rhei Heraclitus

Bluetooth is ok, if you are an amateur DJ,

Feb 22, 2021, 8:32 AM [ in reply to Bought a new record player that connects to Bluetooth ]

but when I have the whole room hopping and glowsticks flying, I can't work with the slightest time delay when I'm beat matching the Crystal Method into the KLF. That would be a rave killer.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah, I was more "Opens Hopslam, puts on Talking Heads '77,

Feb 22, 2021, 8:35 AM

and hits the recliner" type vibe.

I believe the playlist was The Dirty South > TH '77 > Natty Dread > Workingman's

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Siltech Emperor Double Crown or bust.

Feb 22, 2021, 8:36 AM [ in reply to Bluetooth is ok, if you are an amateur DJ, ]

https://www.thecableco.com/emperor-double-crown-speaker-cable-pair.html

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

It's no Monster Cable, but it would do.

Feb 22, 2021, 8:38 AM

I think that cable is deoxygenated to .0009%, whereas Monster Cable is .00009.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The easiest way to rectify that lag issue....

Feb 22, 2021, 8:37 AM [ in reply to Bluetooth is ok, if you are an amateur DJ, ]

change drugs. Maybe a barbiturate rave is the niche you're looking for!

I used to go to a lot of barbiturate raves in Littlejohn.

Feb 22, 2021, 8:42 AM

Then they fired Shyatt.

Relaxing

Feb 22, 2021, 8:17 AM

Friday: Krzywife had a trip, but had double RDU layovers Friday night & Saturday night. So I went and picked her up at 6pm. Can't really remember what we did.

Saturday: Took krzywife to the airport around 5:30am, went back home and fell back asleep. Played some Factorio and watched TV. Thought about organizing the garage more but didn't, took Shuri for a walk because it was a nice sunny day. Picked krzywife up from the airport at 6pm. Got Mexican for dinner.

Sunday: Took krzywife to the airport around 6am, went back home and fell asleep for a little. Played disc golf with a friend, then stopped at Lowe's on the way back and they were sold out of pegboard. Krzywife's trip ended and she got home around noon. Facetimed with the parents for a while, laid out a gameplan for house stuff with krzywife. Made a healthy dinner, then watched some Resident Alien and WandaVision.

Tonight I'm going to pick up some pegboard at a Lowe's that has some in stock, if I'm feeling adventurous might start installing tonight.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm sure you know, but you need more than the peg board

Feb 22, 2021, 8:32 AM

I also ordered this from amazon...https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07QR36Z76/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Yeah, I already have enough furring strips, what's the 2x4?

Feb 22, 2021, 8:35 AM

Some sort of framing for aesthetic?

Cool, sorry, no ideer on the 2X4....I did not do that

Feb 22, 2021, 8:38 AM

just the furry strips is what I meant. And the lil kit from Amazon is good.

Thanks for the kit!***

Feb 22, 2021, 8:39 AM

full kit wanker!***

Feb 22, 2021, 8:58 AM

Also, when screwing the pegboard onto the spacers...

Feb 22, 2021, 8:58 AM [ in reply to Thanks for the kit!*** ]

Mounted our frame boards to the studs in the wall with screws. BUT, when mounting the pegboard to the frame boards I also used washers. The screws can pull out of the pegboard so prolly overkill, but washers help, or at least I did it that way. Also, helps to have more farming than just around the edges of the pegboard. If only anchored around the edges, it will be wobbly in the middle. Just saw that pic above and made me think, probably better to run at least one frame board through the middle of the pegboard also to give it some rigidity.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You mean an additional horizontal furring strip in the

Feb 22, 2021, 9:06 AM

middle of that pic? That makes sense. How often in configuring the pegs do you run into a furring strip and get annoyed?

I have some lathe screws I was intending to attach the pegboard to the furring strips, but I'll see if I can get some washers too to help alleviate the stress.

Twice maybe? Not that bad, just move it over one

Feb 22, 2021, 9:23 AM

Here is mine.

I got lazy and just screwed in a few 2-foot strips and not

Feb 22, 2021, 9:47 AM [ in reply to You mean an additional horizontal furring strip in the ]

the whole strip for the middle parts. I did four anchor points on the inside, two 1/3 down from the top equally spaced horizontally, and two 1/3 up from the bottom, same way. So each pegboard has two top, two bottom, and three side anchor points, and 4 spaced in the middle for rigidness. It has no give, and the sides therefore line up well and do not bow out or in.

PITA really to do it over sheetrock, but the builder did sheetrock in the garage. Would prefer exposed studs. MUCH easier that way.

I like that idea, couple middle part anchor points.

Feb 22, 2021, 9:52 AM

I believe it was a code change that required garages to have sheetrock finish.

Well, so far so good.

Feb 22, 2021, 9:59 AM

Did the back wall of the garage. Nothing has fallen and struck a car, yet (knock on wood). Parents had that problem which is how I learned. Just remember the rule is the longer the pegboard hardware sticks out from the wall, the less weight it will handle. The long poles that stick out are fine for small hand tools, and light stuff. Garden hand shovels, pliers, screw drivers, etc. Maybe an extension cord. But they tend to be the ones that pull out if overloaded.

I gave up on Wanda Vision.

Feb 22, 2021, 11:13 AM [ in reply to Relaxing ]

I think I made it to ep 3. It just didn't look like it was ever going to get better.

Does it?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's been said a bunch in here, but yes, it gets better...

Feb 22, 2021, 12:24 PM

Whichever episode you start getting outside the hex's perspective is when it starts ramping up.

Still living it.....

Feb 22, 2021, 8:18 AM

treating today like Sunday.

Fri - snowy and cold
Sat - snowy and cold, my son kicked absolutely ### in his basketball game. Brownell or Juwan Howard will be calling soon.
Sun - snowy and cold, drove to Pittsburgh
Mon- I am hungover, which is fine cause all I have to do is drive.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not bad...

Feb 22, 2021, 8:19 AM

Friday...went to Atlanta to take care of some family business. Son-of wanted to eat at The Varsity, so I obliged. Luckily took an antacid pre-meal and weathered the chili cheese burger, dog, and onion rings ok. Wife-of was dutch-oven'd constantly throughout the night though.

Saturday...omelettes and bacon on the griddle and piddled on some chores around the house in the morning. Daughter-of's basketball team which I coach had back-to-back games in the afternoon and we were only rolling with 5 players. Dominated the 2nd half of both games and won both by large margin. Both teams scored over 30 in their 1st game and we held both to 11 points. Kids were wiped out. Dropped off kids at home and wife and I hit J. Peters for dinner. Prime rib there was legit. Home and watched a couple episodes of Behind Her Eyes then crashed early.

Sunday...lazy morning. Played a lot of BB with my son and his friend. Grocery store. Actually watch an entire half of an NBA game...Boston/NO...for the first time in many years and it was actually a pretty good game and my son and I enjoyed it. Was shocked. Cooked Indian for dinner. My Tika game is solid, but my naan game needs work.

Re: Good morning everybody. How was your weekend?

Feb 22, 2021, 8:41 AM

Fri - not much, just hung around with wife and two daughters

Sat - demoed brothers master bathroom. He is remodeling and contractor said it would be $2,500 for demo so did that part ourselves. Two girls came over after we were done and we grilled steaks and drank beers (me and two brothers drank beers, kids did not). Stayed up late and watched Roadhouse.

Sun - EXHAUSTED. Been a while since I had exerted that much energy, totally wiped on Sunday. Didn’t do jack. Picked up Ferrando’s pizza to go Sunday evening for supper. Returned daughter#1 to her mother’s house. Watched some Wicked Tuna and crashed.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

mmm....Ferrando’s***

Feb 22, 2021, 8:53 AM

Was good. Haven’t had Ferrando’s in a good while.

Feb 22, 2021, 8:59 AM

Decided last night that we need to eat there more often.

Yeah, that pizza is consistently good***

Feb 22, 2021, 9:00 AM

Fair to middlin'.

Feb 22, 2021, 8:42 AM

Friday: wifey and I kicked around the idea of going up to the clubhouse across the street for HH and mebbe some grub. She screwed around with work and not work for hours, so it was 6 or 6:30 by the time we left. Place was PACKED, tables on top of each other, not an empty seat, so we noped TFO before even walking in. Them people don't give a quarter of a shit about any virus, because if it was in there, it was most definitely getting passed around. Tried another joint down the street that we hadn't been to since pre-pandemic, and got a couple seats at the end of the bar, well away from unwashed masses. Good grub. Stopped by dad's house to pick up brisket and some pecan wood. Stopped by frans' house a few doors down so that the wife could associate with non-work adults for the first time in months (and she STILL didn't really want to, but had a great time after she got there).

Brisket on around midnight.

Saturday: 3-4 hours of sleep in catnap form, but that's the breaks with brisket on a kamado. It requires babysittin'. Usually hit the stall at 160ish in around 8 hours, give or take, and wrap somewhere around that point. This was a weird cow or something, and it stalled at 152, which messed with my crouton and threw me off for the rest of the day. Decided to throw some burnt ends on while waiting for the brisket to get to temp--the real KC-style ones where you toss the cubed ends in BBQ sauce and brown sugar, and then put them back on smoke for an hour or two.

I COULD HAVE BEEN MAKING THESE THE WHOLE TIME. They were good enough that I want to cube up a whole brisket and turn it into burnt ends. Godalmighty. Only about half of these actually made it to Dad's house later that evening, because 19She and me stood around and ate the other half. Brisket turned out real nice, even with the cook/stall weirdness. I get mildly annoyed at the lack of smoke ring from my kamado, but the smoke is definitely there...just doesn't have the visually pleasing pink ring. Made another pan of green chile corn pudding and some pretty killer sauce that I need to figure out how to replicate. I remember WHAT was in it, just not HOW MUCH of what was in it.

Sunday: tried to sleep in, but woke up at 8 and couldn't go back to sleep, so didn't quite catch up on what I'd missed on Friday. Made some biscuits and gravy, and finally got motivated to work on the fence for an hour and a half or so in the afternoon. These kids helped me waste most of Sunday.

8.4/10, would dew again, mebbe throw some ######## in there

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That looks solllllllid.

Feb 22, 2021, 8:51 AM

Great BBQ joint up here called Edley's and once in a blue moon they have a lunch special that is cheese grits with burnt ends on top. It's fan-frickin-tastic.

I hear you on the Kamado, and I'm struggling with mine. I've spent a couple years making fun of the pellet smoker guys for being cheating, non-purist weenies, and now that I've used one, I don't want to go back.

After getting my GMG pellet smoker a few yrs...

Feb 22, 2021, 9:37 AM

ago I've never even considered going back to caveman smoker.

I certainly can't taste any difference in the food and it is so frigg'n easy.

Only downside is that you can't really use the pellet grill for grilling...yeah it can get up to 450, but there is still no flame underneath. But that problem was solved with this guy, which has held up well for ~2 years with a cover.

https://www.amazon.com/Char-Broil-TRU-Infrared-Kettleman-Charcoal-Grill/dp/B00O06YMGI/ref=asc_df_B00O06YMGI/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=167125192708&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=3235695587779328377&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9011043&hvtargid=pla-275417444108&psc=1

Exactly....for my home setup I'm thinking about just

Feb 22, 2021, 10:02 AM

going with a decent sized pellet grill and a weber kettle.

does the grill probe on top of the meat work...

Feb 22, 2021, 8:58 AM [ in reply to Fair to middlin'. ]

as long as the tip is open (just the tip) like in your pic?

I'm so freaking sick of temp probes.

Feb 22, 2021, 9:02 AM

I can't find any that work for more than 10-15 cooks before going haywire.

The open ones (blunt end) are the most accurate for grill temp, but it's like they get clogged with smoke and/or grease and die quickly, and the meat probes, which work great when they're actually in the meat, go nuts too in open air.

Saturday night I had two probes, one open and one pointed, on my smoker grate trying to get a grill temp. Actual temp was 350-ish, and pointy probe said 490 while open probe said 133.

If anyone has some that actually last for a couple years, I'd love the rec.

I've got two of these, newest one is 3 years old

Feb 22, 2021, 11:14 AM

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B014DAVHSQ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

No problems. Also have a Meater, but I still end up using this for grill temp.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What do you like better about that

Feb 22, 2021, 11:29 AM

than the meater for ambient temp? So far I've been disappointed in everything I've had from Thermpro as the probes will get of sorts pretty easily.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I can't leave the Meater in the grill while I'm getting

Feb 22, 2021, 11:33 AM

temps stabilized before I put meat on.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ah, I just rely on the on board thermometer for that.

Feb 22, 2021, 1:18 PM

Of course I'd seldom call my temps stable either. I need to start weighing out my coals or something to better know how long a batch is going to last.

As near as I can tell, it does. Probes are SUPPOSED to tell

Feb 22, 2021, 9:10 AM [ in reply to does the grill probe on top of the meat work... ]

you the temp at the tip, not of the whole probe (somebody else can swing at these softballs). Per Obed's post, I've used a Maverick for probably 7 years now. It is about the most unintuitive thing to program, and I haven't even attempted to change anything after spending an hour or two (with directions) programming a few temps in it the first time I used it in 2014. But it seems to keep good, accurate temps, and the probes are the same age, ~7 years or so. I put the grill temp probe at the front of the meat where my zoned fire is, but still over the water pan so it's not direct heat temp--that seems like the ideal spot in my head to use for "grill temp".

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

East Coast party never ends....

Feb 22, 2021, 9:00 AM

Bake. Bake. Bake. Don't remember Friday other than Ancient Aliens. Luke, I am your father.

Saturday got John McClain special for $183 from Advance Auto. Put in Granny's Accord. Starts great now. Original Honda battery seven years. ??

Sunday went to river. Bake. Bake. Bake.

Twiggy from Las Vegas Rat Rod

Hilarious

Feb 22, 2021, 9:04 AM

Friday: training and chilled out the rest of it.

Saturday: overslept, hopped over to Cootlumbia for training, went by Home TEam to get brisket and pulled pork. I got three of their sauces, and cotdam it, vinegar is by far the best choice. I'm sure I watched something on TV and went to bed.

Sunday: overslept again, got up, watched Man City and Arsenal. City has this unique quirk with their fullbacks, pinching them to the midfield as defensive mids. Arsenal tried to take advantage of this, but City was way too good. Had GK training, felt like #### after, and chilled the rest of the day.

Hilarious because FBCoachSC® had a schitty weekend, literally

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Was 3rd Overall Male at a 5k organized by a local HS.

Feb 22, 2021, 9:09 AM

Was 6 seconds shy of my personal best on a muddy winding cross country trail.

The field was majority high school kids as the race was a fund raiser for the soccer team. The kids were largely guilted into signing up so didn't necessarily put full effort into the race. I did pass around 20 in the first mile who sprinted out at the start and were crashing. (Half the kids just walked the course.) I did pass a kid at around 2 miles which felt really good, I imagined that I crushed his soul when he saw an old dude blow by him. Most of those kids probably could have beat me if they'd have been motivated and put in the effort, but I don't care. A 60 year old came in 2nd, but he's run the Boston Marathon multiple times.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You go beat by a 60 year old?***

Feb 22, 2021, 11:35 AM

The 60 year old still runs a 3:25 marathon.***

Feb 22, 2021, 1:48 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Very FBCoachish***

Feb 22, 2021, 9:26 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

I’ve read your post several times...

Feb 22, 2021, 9:42 AM

For the life of me, I can’t figure out what you did on Saturday.

Aero classic.

On Saturday he tinkered with this table I'm building them

Feb 22, 2021, 9:49 AM

me at a buddy a Shoeless for some beers and to give him ashes for his chickens. Those 3 beers made me pretty lethargic the rest of the day.

Aero be like

Feb 22, 2021, 9:50 AM

Re: Aero be like

Feb 22, 2021, 9:51 AM

Re: Aero be like

Feb 22, 2021, 9:52 AM

I saw table, Shoeless and three beers

Feb 22, 2021, 9:49 AM [ in reply to I’ve read your post several times... ]

but no idea about anything else

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Don't forget the ashes for chickens***

Feb 22, 2021, 9:53 AM

#### good…

Feb 22, 2021, 10:30 AM

Got up on Friday and drove to Hilton head to visit some friends who have an RV. Arrived around 530 had grilled burgers and mini mini drinks. Went to sleep and what was a glorified full-size bed suspended above the driver seat of the RV. With our two-year-old sleeping below and a pack and play. Still managed sex.

Got up Saturday and rode bikes around Hilton head. First sunny day in forever, so we went to the beach. Two-year-old was in absolute heaven walking around talking to people. Went to a little café for lunch. live music and food were excellent. Sat around the fire and chatted with another round of many drinks until too tired to keep going.

Sunday fooled around with wife and got caught by friend. Everyone pretended nothing happened like good people do. Got up around 815 packed car took off to Beaufort. Had brunch along the way. Two-year-old had a fantastic time playing in the park on the water. Then drove to Florence to pick up other kids. Chinese takeout for dinner and relatively early bedtime.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

mostly this

Feb 22, 2021, 11:30 AM

https://www.tigernet.com/forum/message/prolly-get-baked-28657464

substitute a new driver and 3 wood for an Amish china cabinet. yay #marriage

other than that I was pretty spot on. drove around the county a bit to check out the scenery as the snow was starting to melt (aka got TF outta the house).

sure wish Tony coulda won yesterday. hopefully he can bag a W here in the next few big tourneys

hope the weather warms up this week so I can go hit some balls / play 9

Not bad

Feb 22, 2021, 11:30 AM

I bought a house, and finally finished working on the 4runner. The gaskets I ordered for the 4runner for overnight arrival on Wednesday still haven't arrived. I had to drive all over Mt P Sat morning looking for intake manifold and throttle body gaskets. Took about 4 hours after that to put the engine back together. I replaced the steering wheel as well (I've had it laying around few months) because my wife's rings had chipped up the leather on it pretty good. THAT was almost annoying as the wiring as it took forever to get it re-centered. I had to take it apart and put it back together 3x to get it right. Next I want to put a new drivers side seat cover in it and maybe replace and paint the front and rear bumper covers.

I spent way too much on the house (compared to anywhere else in the world); it's in the old village and it's small, but has a nice sized yard. It basically became a bidding war (I think they all do over there right now), and I guess I "won". I'll never pay it off, and depending on if the owner of the rental I'm in ever wants to sell this place, we may not ever even live in it. Got a decent rate on financing and went with the cheapest payment for the longest I could get; I've never done that before so I guess I'll see in a few years if that was a good move or not. I put about 45% down on it, so that helped. So much for moving to the keys or the Islands.

But it has a garage, right?***

Feb 22, 2021, 11:46 AM

It does.

Feb 22, 2021, 11:51 AM

Buts it's a 1 car garage, so I'm not sure that actually counts. It's an old house, so its probably what would be called a 1.5 car garage now, but still.

Seems like a better place to keep bicycles, a spare boat prop, and a pop up tent than a car.

Replies: 71
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic