Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Meat threequel
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 30
| visibility 1

Meat threequel

Jan 19, 2021, 8:44 AM

Mmmmkay. This is the jounge entry you've ALL been waiting for.

I'd recap how we got to this point but nah too lazy.

Took her out of the fridge late yestiddy. Let her hang out at room temp for an hour. Then tossed my meat into the oven at 225. This is a still wrapped virgin piece that I hadn't even laid my eyes on.

Ran out for a bit and returned 2 hours later. I walk in and hear TRDJuanita proclaim (in Spanish, of course) "ZOMG THIS IS THE BEST BRISKET I'VE EVER HAD!".

Lemme back up. TRDJuanita don't historically really like brisket. Sometimes I wonder if she likes ANY of my meat, but lol marriage.

So I'm all like "GOOOD. Glad to hear that. Wait, did you slice it?" She replies "well not really but I did get into it and it's YUMMY".

Enter first attached pig. That's what I walk into.

So then I commandeer my meat and proceed to slice it against the grain like a boss. FTW I used a serrated bread knife and it twerked just fine.

Attached you'll also find a pig of a slice from the middle cross section, and a pig of a slice from the pointed end.

Odd how one piece of meat can have so many differing characteristics.

So, HOW'D MAH BRISKETTATE? Good. Dayum good. Muy bueno, actually. 10/10 to my untrained brisket palette.

Ate some, rest in fridge. Will eat again today. Already plotting schemes for what do with the balance and the early leader in the clubhouse will be mixtos con frijoles negros.

Before I wrap up, a big shout out to the boys over at Masterbuilt for making the finest electric smoker on the market. I'd also like to thank French's for providing high quality mustard. I'd be remiss if I didn't thank Sierra Nevada, the Morton salt company, my local butcher for the paper assist, 19B for his guidance and direction, 7spots for being shatfaced, cutiger85 for sticking with me through thick and thin, JohnFBell® for tmailing me tiddie pigs of his first AND second wife, the guys back in the warehouse at Reynolds for their cutting edge innovations in the aluminum foil world, and Duke Power for providing a 13 hour uninterrupted stream of electricity. Many hands make a difference folks! If you have any questions or feedback, just let me know I'll be here ALL DAY FOLKS. Like, subscribe, and retweet! El fin.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Soooo your wife is one of those people that thinks

Jan 19, 2021, 8:52 AM

brisket should be pulled like pork . . . . .

I think that is grounds for uncontested divorce in Texas.

Enjoy my friend, nothing better than a good hunk of meat in your mouth. especially when it is yours.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.”
Isaac Asimov

I mean, that's one way to look at it. No disagreement here.

Jan 19, 2021, 8:53 AM

She's also the kind that if/when she ever does want my meat in her mouf she'll get right to it without playing raindeer games with formalities.

You put it in the oven?

Jan 19, 2021, 8:57 AM

Jaguars Fan GIFs | Tenor

Best Scared Shaking Head GIFs | Gfycat

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

FBCoach

Jan 19, 2021, 9:49 AM

mocking others' decisions is the pinnacle of life.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

IKR?

Jan 19, 2021, 10:35 AM

Like, how thafuck else does he suggest you warm cold meat?

Re: IKR?

Jan 19, 2021, 10:37 AM

To be fair, the commonly accepted correct storage and reheating methods for cue are vacuum sealing and sousvide reheating.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah that's not fair at all.

Jan 19, 2021, 10:39 AM

Let's don't get toooooo carried away there, hipster.

Re: Yeah that's not fair at all.

Jan 19, 2021, 11:01 AM

I can't even spell soup vid. Sounds like a cousin to

Jan 19, 2021, 11:02 AM

co vid. That ain't authentic mexican. I can tell you that much.

The microwave was occupied***

Jan 19, 2021, 10:03 AM [ in reply to You put it in the oven? ]

Was the light on in the bedroom?***

Jan 19, 2021, 10:38 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

Congrats, looks great.

Jan 19, 2021, 9:05 AM

You da man!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-fatherg-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I’d eat it!

Jan 19, 2021, 9:15 AM

Lookin good homie.

Re: Meat threequel

Best uses for leftover brisket are all meheecano applications- nachos, tacos, quesadillas, enchiladas, burritos, you get the point. Any combination of tortilla, queso, onion, cilantro, and salsa. I’m certain you have the necessary ingredients on hand already.

Don't forget

Jan 19, 2021, 10:14 AM

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

20 hours of work into a $75 hunk of Prime cow:

and somebody not only unwraps it before me, but mangles it with Latina press-on nails, well...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wait wait WAIT just a dammminute

Jan 19, 2021, 9:47 AM

JohnFBell® is sending pigs of exwife tiddies? Why have I not seen these?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

MauldinT, where are you???

You people spend a lot of time and energy on food

Jan 19, 2021, 9:54 AM

Are you all fat? Because you sound fat.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You people spend a lot of time and energy on food

Jan 19, 2021, 10:12 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You jelly?

Jan 19, 2021, 10:34 AM [ in reply to You people spend a lot of time and energy on food ]

'cause you sound jealous.

Fat and happy is a saying because it's true.

https://youtu.be/7ogoGBfoek4

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.”
Isaac Asimov

Well. I guess it taint quite the same as heading out

Jan 19, 2021, 10:38 AM [ in reply to You people spend a lot of time and energy on food ]

to dirtyazzed shem creek listening to an Uncle Mingo cover band while drankin hot draft miller lites on a 122 degree day with a bunch of Ohio tourists, but to each dey own I reckon.

Wait, you can just stop right here.

Jan 19, 2021, 11:24 AM

Uncle Mingo has a cover band?

right?!***

Jan 19, 2021, 1:09 PM

I’m sorry, IE.

Jan 19, 2021, 1:11 PM [ in reply to Well. I guess it taint quite the same as heading out ]

But it’s legally mandated that I point “Uncle Mingo cover band”.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

NP

Jan 19, 2021, 1:39 PM

And aside from the Ohioans, the rest of that sounds pretty good.

I mean I'd take that any day over it being 50 and rainy outside, and me sitting inside on here because its too chitty to go outside.

Yo TRDJ

Jan 19, 2021, 12:31 PM

about those tiddie pigs....

Looks amazing.

Jan 19, 2021, 2:18 PM

Do you live in Gville area? If so any real authentic Hispanic places to go? Those hole in the wall w a sweet Hispanic granny back there making the food are hard to find. TIA

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Stop EVERYTHING you are doing and go to

Jan 19, 2021, 2:37 PM

El Valedor.

401 W. Parker Rd.

Little sketch looking from the outside but trust me when I tell you it's a safe, clean, family run joint full of hard working people wanting to make, serve, and eat food. You gotta park around back and it may be a good idea to make your first trip for lunch under daylight conditions.

Please provide full reviews to the jounge when complete.

Can't read the menu and/or decide on what to get? Just order the EL VALEDOR. Huevos medio. And trust it.

Muchos Regardes,
TRDJ

Thank you. I’ll visit and review

Jan 19, 2021, 2:47 PM

I took 3 years of Spanish in high school 3 classes in college and spent 3 weeks in Cuernavaca at a Universidad. And I maybe can read the menu! American education system is terrible.

Although I did get drunk and lost in Acapulco one time and was able to get back to hotel w only Spanish. You know the bars never close there? It may have changed by now though.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They can work their way around some Engrish in there

Jan 19, 2021, 3:06 PM

so no worries.

Fair number of pigs of menu items too.

Look around at the walls. The pigs are menu items that may or may not be on the actual index card errrrr menu.

Replies: 30
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic