Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Virginia head coach sees ACCCG against Clemson as challenge
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1

TNET: Virginia head coach sees ACCCG against Clemson as challenge

Dec 5, 2019, 7:49 AM

Virginia head coach sees ACCCG against Clemson as challenge

Clemson and Virginia haven’t met in football since the Tigers defeated the Cavaliers 59-10 in Charlottesville back in November of 2013. Bronco Mendenhall has been the head coach of Virginia but hasn’t coached against Dabo Swinney, and he says that trying to prepare for an opponent he hasn’t seen presents a challenge.
(Photo: Amber Searls / USATODAY)
Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Virginia head coach sees ACCCG against Clemson as challenge

Dec 5, 2019, 7:58 AM

Of course anyone can beat anyone, but I think we're dialed in right now and will win , hopefully win big.

Wait wait wait

Dec 5, 2019, 9:39 PM

Did I read that right? "We'll be lumped in that same category" as Clemson's previous opponents? Kinda like hell I hear Charlotte is nice around the holidays glad we get to make the trip, maybe we'll visit Biltmore on Sunday on the way home, he's not wrong but not what I expected.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

His expression at the end of the VaTech game was priceless

Dec 5, 2019, 8:04 AM

He was all excited Virginia had finally beaten VaTech and won the coastal then the camera went back to him a few minutes later and he looked like "oh crap this means I have to play Clemson next week".

I said something to my wife about it and she saw his expression and agreed. I should have screen shot it - fail on me.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: His expression at the end of the VaTech game was priceless

Dec 5, 2019, 8:38 AM

We have that affect on opposing coaches :)

Re: His expression at the end of the VaTech game was priceless

Dec 5, 2019, 8:40 AM
BK_Clemson.jpg(99.3 K)

Dec 5, 2019, 9:00 AM

Bronco said they were analyzing everything they could with his staff and resources but they'll not be able to identify the tendencies he wants to see even with a week of 100% focus. As Elliott said last week, the offensive coaches looked at tendencies before the Uof6C game and made changes based on plays and formations. So what are the Tigers going to do Bronco?

Trying to figure all that out is going to lead to defensive mistakes because all they can do is guess and everytime they guess wrong it's going to hurt. He could say they are just going to line up and play their defense but in the end the Clemson talent will run them off the field.

Like everyone else, he just needs to pick his poison and be thankful Dabo is a kind man and won't try to embarrass UVA in the end.

Dec 5, 2019, 9:09 AM

I like Bronco, think he's one of the good guys, in addition to having one of the coolest names in college coaching.

My hope is that we play within ourselves, don't show anything new, and control a quality opponent without humiliating them and that the game doesn't get out of hand emotionally.

Dec 5, 2019, 12:26 PM

No worries; we get another dimension after this game. There will be no shortage of new material for our O in the CFP!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 5, 2019, 9:15 AM

He has to be one of the most eloquently spoken coaches in all of CFB.

With the high level at which we're playing, this game should never be in question. However, the only thing that makes me slightly nervous is that ACC Coastal "bug" that seems to bite us every so often when we haven't faced a team in a while.

NP, we got this***

Dec 5, 2019, 10:20 AM

Dec 5, 2019, 12:53 PM

I respect Bronco, but his spiel about having no experience against Clemson sounds like rat poison. He does have game tape, and I'm sure and he and his coaches and players are burning the midnight oil watching the Tigers demolish just about everyone. My guess is they have experienced some very bad dreams of what is going to happen Saturday night. :)

Replies: 11
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic