Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Good morning, how was your weekend?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 26
| visibility 495

Good morning, how was your weekend?

Dec 28, 2020, 8:37 AM

Me? Well I'm doing alright.

Just got back to being off of work for 9 days. Feelsgoodman.meme.gif

Kids had a good Christmas. The big family gift was a ski trip to Beech Mountain. A first for my kids. Son got a "gaming chair" and daughter got a new vanity and a bunch of makeup. We've been paring back our Santa gifts over the past few years after overdoing it big-time when they were younger.

Did a bourbon tasting at my brothers on Saturday night. Still feel hungover this morning.
IIRC, we enjoyed healthy pours of:

Mellow Corn
Old Grandad
Old Grandad BIB 100 proof
Old Grandad 114 proof
Elijah Craig Barrel Proof Batch B520 127proof, I think.
Henry McKenna 10 year BIB
Heaven Hill BIB
Eagle Rare 10 year
Old Rip Van Winkle 10 year
Weller 12 year
Woodinville
Knob Creek 120 proof store pick
1792 Full Proof
Russell 10 year

Then we had an impromptu cocktail mixing contest and sampled a handfull of IPA and double IPAs.

Drank so much that my back hurts.

My son worked myass thoroghly at Madden 21, but I beat my daughter at Monopoly.

Got some fishing stuff for Critmas and a 3x2ft Esso club tiger metal sign that I hung on my pool house. Really ties the place together.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

S??? ????? ???? ??? ??????? ?????? ???? ??? ??????,
S??? ????? ?? ?? ???????? ???? ? ??????? ??? ????? ?????..

Is this an official GMHWYW thread, or cheap Chinese knockoff

Dec 28, 2020, 8:45 AM

Because if you didn't get copyright permissions from aerozeptallica, then I can't participate. I think we all know the volumes of power that his intellectual property rights attorney team holds in the wake of spuriously constructed counterfeit threads.

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Normally I’d be cautious against ripoff threads too,

Dec 28, 2020, 8:50 AM

But if a man can drink that much high quality bourbon and a) remember the list and b) live to post about it, I’ll let him have it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's exactly what the Chinese want you to think when you

Dec 28, 2020, 8:55 AM

buy their inferior quality product. Oh, it looks like the real thing until you start to use it, then it's falls apart like a cheap Chinese suitcase made of wet cardboard and panda fur.

So help me understand....

Dec 28, 2020, 8:57 AM

Are you saying Ryanadidas just drank a couple bottles of Boone’s farm, gave his kids some matches and bottle caps for Christmas, and has a pool house that’s really just an umbrella propped up next to an inflatable pool?

I feel duped.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

WAKE UP AND SMELL THE DUCK SAUCE.

Dec 28, 2020, 9:06 AM

It's threads like this that are driving the Mom & Pops off of Main Street.

I would protest, but man I really feel like shizz right now.

Dec 28, 2020, 9:07 AM [ in reply to So help me understand.... ]

I ate a bag of honey bbq frito twirls to try and keep from puking at work.

It barely worked, but I think a good healthy puke session would fix me up.

My dad would tell you too stick a finger down your throat

Dec 28, 2020, 10:23 AM

and get it over with.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov
Panta Rhei Heraclitus

Didn't aero steal it from Sharty?***

Dec 28, 2020, 9:08 AM [ in reply to Is this an official GMHWYW thread, or cheap Chinese knockoff ]

Shorty passed it down to aero through a series of shrewdly

Dec 28, 2020, 9:11 AM

negotiated legal proceedings IN AN AMERICAN COURTROOM WITH AMERICAN JUDGES AND AMERICAN LAWYERS.

I invented it, then gave to Shorty

Dec 28, 2020, 8:17 PM

when I thought the new job was going to be strict about internet usage. Then Shorty's old gig started getting in his way so I took it back. Lately, I've taken a few Monday's off from work and attempted to make the post after midnight or wake up and do it. Today, that just wasn't going to happen.

All can take solace in knowing that I probably will not take another day of PTO until June.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Even if only a hit and run member of the

Dec 28, 2020, 5:48 PM [ in reply to Is this an official GMHWYW thread, or cheap Chinese knockoff ]

concert crew, this is allowed as I was still in bed.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

14 is 2 times 7

Dec 28, 2020, 8:58 AM

just sayin'

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-fatherg-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whey Aero at?***

Dec 28, 2020, 8:58 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

Maybe his weekend is still going like some.***

Dec 28, 2020, 9:00 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-beeksteak-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My weekend goes all the way until next Monday, but like the

Dec 28, 2020, 9:09 AM

true American Patriot that I am, I logged in this morning to post my weekend recap in a genuine quality American-made aero thread, and help keep the flames of freedom burning for this great nation which I call home.

goot...put up a greenhouse at the farm***

Dec 28, 2020, 9:06 AM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If she's a hollerer, she'll be a screamer.
If she's a screamer, she'll get you arrested.

Meh.....

Dec 28, 2020, 9:14 AM

Got mom back from the horse pistol. Found someone to sit with her during the day for a while. Then her heater broke. Got that fixed. Went to inlaws for Friday night covid and gift exchange. Built a camp fire Saturday night. Boys played in their Christmas hammocks while we also roasted marshmallows and ate hotdogs with makeshift bread buns and chips. Yesterday met the heater guy (I CALLED) who fixed a bunch of crap the heater guy MOM CALLED broke, and new parts are now needed.

Working on doctor's appointment for mom. Corrected a report. Dictated a report (some work), and slept. Uncle-in-law was trying to inspire me to a bourbon bender Friday night, I politely declined despite more than adequate motivation. Cleaned up Christmas mess in the house. Helped middle son ride his new bike, it's a little big for him but that was on purpose.

That's about it. Was good I guess, as good as Christmas 2020 could be I guess.

Overall 7.923/10

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Started on Wednesday

Dec 28, 2020, 9:44 AM

Kids were insane before Christmas and pretty much as crazy afterward.

Assisted in putting Lego sets together, added batteries to all the toys that needed them, ate an ungodly amount of food that is not good for me, went for a few runs with the kids on bikes, saw Mom from her front yard, drank a little bourbon and more than a little beer, slept in some, and performed exceptionally in the bedroom, returned some gifts to the mall, had my "Christmas Money" spent by my wife before the check could get to the bank, visited the USNWC, and watched Soul on Disney+ and WW84 on HBOMax (Both good).

Highly rated Christmas weekend but it would have been better with less rain, more ability to visit family, and maybe some time away from kids. Anyways, I ain't complaining much.

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A lot better finally

Dec 28, 2020, 10:18 AM

Best I've felt in over a week.

Friday: Weak but good christmas with the kids at home. Nice and quiet. Didn't have to deal with family ########. Kids rode their go cart for hours.

Saturday: Rested. Got out in the yard a little and took the trash out.

Sunday: Best I felt in a week. Flushed the heater coil because no heat in the truck. Hung out at a friend's house while the kids rode the go cart.

Plan to head to the farm today so the kids can go riding with little restriction on the go-cart while wife and I shoot skeet (clay pigeon... maybe some window to the wall)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

Good

Dec 28, 2020, 10:20 AM

Spent Christmas Day with mom and got exactly what I asked for for Christmas- she made her delicious squash casserole.

Saturday lounged around and read a book and basically did nothing productive

Sunday went to an old friend’s and we spent the day in the backyard with 3 Weber smokers cooking tri tip, ABTs, brats and ribs. Beers were drunk and bourbon was tasted. It was a perfect day to be outside.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov
Panta Rhei Heraclitus

Serious question. Mama G loves squash

Dec 28, 2020, 10:26 AM

does your mom share recipe? I know a lot of cooks do not.

TIA.

I gotta get some meat to smoke. Been watching Aaron Franklin's Masterclass videos and if I could justify it, I would get a stick smoker just to have fun with. Ain't got the room and wife would K-I-L-L me.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-fatherg-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I’ll be glad to get it for you

Dec 28, 2020, 10:32 AM

The secret is sliced water chestnuts to give it some crunch. It has so many good things in it I didn’t know it had squash in it until I was 15 (I hated squash as a kid) but loved this.

We had three Weber kettles going and it worked great.

Message was edited by: cu85tiger®

Panta Rhei Heraclitus

Water chestnuts do not get the credit they are due.

Dec 28, 2020, 10:34 AM

looking forward to trying this!

Raises hand. Needs recipe too. Love squash & zuch. ******

Dec 28, 2020, 10:39 AM [ in reply to I’ll be glad to get it for you ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_nascar_champ.gifringofhonor-celti_tiger-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It was pretty great, ZERO interstate driving which warmed

Dec 28, 2020, 10:45 AM

my soul. However, I did have to finally drain my boat block Christmas day. Just got too cold out for the poor girl, but we did get out earlier in the week.

Aside from that, my child is now a walker. And it's terrifying. He can almost reach door handles. Any day we're expecting he and the dogs to team up and oust us from the house. His rage is really starting to shine through, he pulled his little basketball goal over on himself and had a meltdown. Probably would have killed everyone if he had the means. The apple certainly doesn't fall far from the tree, and it's heartwarming.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not bad pretty good, what with the Christmas and such.***

Dec 28, 2020, 10:47 AM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 26
| visibility 495
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic