Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Vols also upset
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1

Vols also upset

Apr 23, 2019, 9:14 PM

Seems RIVALS pi$$ed in their corn flakes by say saying that Jarrett was Clemson's if they want him.

Been a good day LOL

https://www.volnation.com/forum/threads/dc-wr-rakim-jarrett.292105/page-24

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Vols also upset

Apr 23, 2019, 9:52 PM

I did not get that at all from those comments. They actually seemed to make valid points.

Apr 23, 2019, 11:18 PM

That they recruit right by mass offering every player and we recruit like a pretend club because we offer less? Doesn’t seem accurate to me.

Apr 24, 2019, 7:45 AM

I don't think that anyone said that one way was right and the other was wrong or dishonest. Dabo himself has said that Clemson offers a lower amount of scholarships and only offers after he gets to know the players and has the feeling that it's a fit. This does make a Clemson offer a very exclusive offer. It also is probably a good reason why we don't have many de-commitments.

The "Clemson only wants who they can get, it's Dabo's strategy." statement is not that untrue. Dabo knows that the Clemson brand is big and that recruits should WANT to come here and visit on their own. We can get great players that want to play here and buy into the system, why waste effort convincing people that don't want to be here or won't fit in?

Read all posts again.

Apr 24, 2019, 9:19 AM [ in reply to Re: Vols also upset ]

Their PR game is going to get much, much worse too. Herbsreit’s kid is going there, ACC network with ESPN, Marty Smith is on a first name basis with their whole team, etc. Their spring game coverage was wild. Kirk, Joey Galloway, and Dabo hung choppin it up on the field the whole game

Apr 24, 2019, 7:18 AM

It is odd for a team we rarely play, but I can not stand the Vol Fans. They are always shooting their mouths off like they have been relevant in college football for the last 20 years. They do have history, but they need to understand that right now they are on par with the coots and a little behind Kentucky in the mighty SEC East. They better hope Vandy never leaves to join the Ivy League or the celler will be wide open

Apr 24, 2019, 8:15 AM

Sadly, they haven't even been on par with South Carolina over the last decade or so. I believe we have just as many SEC wins as Tennessee does over the past 3 or 4 years. They've finished with an overall losing record in 7 out of the past 11 seasons, and gone just 7-6 in 2 of those 4 winning years.

Apr 24, 2019, 9:34 AM [ in reply to Re: Vols also upset ]

I have a soft spot for the Vols. I was about to move to Knoxville two days out and then Clemson offered me more money. Tigertown bound as they say. Still if there is a team to win the SEC east, I would prefer if it was UT (or Vandy -but I know better) over all others. Maybe Mizzu this year.

As for the fans, the best way to explain it is to combine Clemson and coots under one banner. They are a one-team state for the most part, so you have both the enlightened and the coots. I think most Knoxville folks and Vols are decent but they are stuck in a never-ending Hatfield/West era (even with Barnes as a basketball coach!) and that has cracked them. My guess is that they will eventually rise but the longer they are in the muck, expect them to lose more of their sanity.

Should be pretty obvious to them by now, shouldn't it? ***

Apr 24, 2019, 7:35 AM

Apr 24, 2019, 8:16 AM

Vols haven't been relevant since Fulmer left. Nobody should care all that much what they like or dislike. Let them win some games first, and then maybe somebody might pay them a little attention.

They need to widen the seats in their stadium since so many people cannot fit into 18" seats. They probably do not fill all the seats anyway, so it probably does not matter.

Apr 24, 2019, 10:28 AM

I don't know who the kid is. I don't know if we need him. That said, I hope we recruit him at the last minute and land him just to #### the Vols off.

Fulmer use to waltz into this state and cherry pick our best for a long time.

Replies: 10
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic