Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Visiting from NY for FSU game - advice needed
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

Visiting from NY for FSU game - advice needed

Aug 26, 2019, 4:44 PM

Hi All,

My girlfriend and I are coming down from Western NY for the FSU game. We're Clemson fans and it will be our first time on campus, very excited! Secured a nice Airbnb in Pendleton for Fri/ Sat, but need advice for parking/ tailgating, places to see, must do's while we are there.

Tickets in mid-field upper level (Row KK), should we be worried about the height? Saw some reviews that the upper deck is steep.

Any advice is appreciated!

We'll also be at the game in Syracuse so hopefully see some fans up in our part of the country next month.

Go Tigers!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Visiting from NY for FSU game - advice needed

Aug 26, 2019, 4:46 PM

If you are in the upper deck, row KK you might be able to see your house in NY.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 26, 2019, 5:10 PM

Those seats are are high but if they are midfield seats they are good viewing seats. You can see all the plays develop.

As for things to do, go get some ice cream. Take a walk around campus - it has changed a lot in recent years. There are several good restaurants downtown and the Blue Heron at the bottom of the hill is good eatin too. There is always J-Peters in Anderson or the some good barbeque at one of a couple of places.Lots of folks go to The Smokin Pig.

We like to rent a boat a go for a ride on the lake but if you that doesnt work you can park up by the boat shed (behind the golf practice center)and walk out on the levee. Its a great view with the lake on one side and the athletic complex on the other.

If you like a good hot dog, go the Seneca and check out Bakers Dogs. A local favorite and you never know who you will see in there.

As for parking....... good luck!

You might think this sounds weird,

Aug 26, 2019, 5:12 PM

but I'm going to need to see pigs of your girfriend furst.

TIA

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

He no nose the rulze.***

Aug 26, 2019, 7:17 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

Aug 26, 2019, 5:16 PM

You might want to find a parking pass - otherwise, you might have a hard time. You can check out the ads on this website under Tickets or on Stub Hub.

I live in Buffalo, you will love it.

Aug 26, 2019, 6:09 PM

There are some hidden areas to park for free around campus, but it might be wise to buy a parking pass.

-90 minutes before kickoff the band will play in amphitheater (it is a terrific show) and then you can follow them down into the stadium.
-Definitely go check out the new football facilities. Last time I was there (FSU 2016), they are open to the public.
-Walk around campus - it is a large and beautiful campus (SC State Botanical Garden is on campus).
-If you like hiking, take the drive and hike Table Rock (you might drive right by this on your way down, depending on your route).
-If you like fishing (trout), go to Pig Pen Falls and chase some Rainbows.
-If you like BBQ, go to Smoking Pig (it is in Pendleton).
-Go to Esso Club on Friday night. Best sports bar in America. Usually has live music.
-Walk around downtown Clemson. Small quintessential college town.
-If you like fishing (bass), go fishing right by campus.

For your first time in The Valley I would sit lower bowl, near (or if possible on) The Hill.

Enjoy your trip!
MB, Class of 2004

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." - Jackie Robinson

Re: I live in Buffalo, you will love it.

Aug 27, 2019, 9:20 AM

we're actually coming down from Buffalo! You listed some of the spots we were thinking about (Smokin' Pig, Esso), going to try and switch our tickets on StubHub and get into the lower level.

Aug 26, 2019, 7:25 PM

You can pay to park at a business or church downtown on game day
It will be the easiest way to not waste time sitting in traffic just to be directed away from iptay parking
Yeah it cost money but you can pub crawl through town and eat and still walk through all the tailgating lots on way to stadium
So you will see a lot of Clemson Fandom that way
Also gotta shop in Judge Kellers too

Aug 26, 2019, 7:37 PM

Any idea what time we can expect the private lots to open for the game this week? Do they generally coincide with the campus lots, opening at 10am for a nighttime kick? I'll be eyeing one of the church lots downtown.

Yeah - I think around the same time. Enjoy your trip!***

Aug 26, 2019, 8:09 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." - Jackie Robinson

Aug 26, 2019, 7:25 PM

You can pay to park at a business or church downtown on game day
It will be the easiest way to not waste time sitting in traffic just to be directed away from iptay parking
Yeah it cost money but you can pub crawl through town and eat and still walk through all the tailgating lots on way to stadium
So you will see a lot of Clemson Fandom that way
Also gotta shop in Judge Kellers too

Judge Keller’s for sure!***

Aug 26, 2019, 8:03 PM

Aug 26, 2019, 9:31 PM

Had seats on the last row of the upper deck once. Had to ask God to sit down so I could see.

Aug 26, 2019, 10:05 PM

I would sell your tickets since way too high. You are coming all this way and need to be on southside which is Clemson home side and have seats between the 30 yard lines. I have section UD on about the 30 yard line which is the upper part of the lower section and view is perfect.

Aug 27, 2019, 9:18 AM

Thanks for all of the advice, im gonna look to stubhub to switch the tickets!

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic