Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Vindman says White House deleted some of the transcript
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 38
| visibility 1

Vindman says White House deleted some of the transcript

Oct 30, 2019, 7:57 AM

Man, has there ever been another time in American history where a White House deleted recordings during an investigation?

At this point, if you believe the White House wouldn't be capable of something like this, you're probably already buying copper-infused work out clothing and miracle hair regrowth products.

Extra credit if you find a way to trash Vindman, an Iraq war hero, in favor of our WWE guest president.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/10/30/politics/alexander-vindman-testimony-white-house-transcript/index.html

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

Will someone please wake me up when the dims actually

Oct 30, 2019, 8:00 AM

bring formal charges against the POTUS?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

I waited patiently for Russian collusion. 2 years actually.

Oct 30, 2019, 9:08 AM

I'll wait patiently again for quid pro quo. At least I know this will be resolved by November of next year. So less than 2 years. Then when Trump is reelected, I'll wait through the next scandal, then the next, until 2024.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Quid Pro Quo is the entire purpose of giving money to

Oct 30, 2019, 10:19 AM

foreign countries. We expect things in return for the money. Even if Trump did withhold funds to Ukraine to force them into a Biden investigation, this is perfectly acceptable. Trump should do this with other countries as well. Just because someone is a politician doesn't mean they shouldn't be investigated.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You're right. We do this all of the time

Oct 30, 2019, 10:29 AM

when it comes to what's best for the nation.

Not what's best for one's political campaign.

If Trump witheld the funds for say, Ukraine to condemn the actions of so and so, or provide information on an enemy of the US. Fine.

But asking another country to investigate a US citizen that is running against him in a campaign?

Doesn't matter what Hannity told you, IT IS NOT THE SAME THING

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

So Trump is supposed to ignore crimes of someone just

Oct 30, 2019, 10:35 AM

because they are a rival? I think not! We elected him specifically to clean up things like this. Can't wait to watch this backfire on the democrat communist party.

If that's what he was doing, why not go through the DOJ

Oct 30, 2019, 10:37 AM

instead of using his personal attorney, and why delete parts of the transcript?

Re: If that's what he was doing, why not go through the DOJ

Oct 30, 2019, 10:43 AM

rfbrown94

Who said he isn't?***

Oct 30, 2019, 11:02 AM

Do you have any links saying he is?***

Oct 30, 2019, 11:03 AM

DOJ has no authority to investigate corruption in Ukraine

Oct 30, 2019, 11:29 AM [ in reply to If that's what he was doing, why not go through the DOJ ]

Nor any authority regarding military funding.

The State Department is where the authority to compel foreign governments lies. And the State Department is where the problem in our bureaucracy lies. Well, the one most useful because it involves foreign powers the DOJ does not possess.

Think about it, of all the crap they could investigate domestically regarding Trump, the ONE way they could find something they could stick him with had to involve foreign influence. That puts the whole mess under the purview of the State Department.

Every mess they've really put the effort in trying to pin Trump has involved foreign matters. One was totally fabricated, and now this one is invented. The State Department is where the deep state lies. And this goes back YEARS. The surveillance of American citizens was conducted (illegally) under the purview of the State Department, and that's what Edward Snowden exposed years ago. The key to circumventing rights, and creating investigations, lies in inserting a foreign component. That puts the issue squarely under the Department of State. Your constitutional rights stop at the border. Trump's enemies know this. And Joe Biden knows it too, which is why his son wasn't placed on the board of a Texas oil company.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ok then why didn't he ask the state department

Oct 30, 2019, 11:38 AM

to investigate instead of his personal attorney? And I'm pretty sure DOJ does have some jurisdiction since it involves a US Citizen.

Message was edited by: FBCoachSC®

Because the State Department will tell him to pound sand.

Oct 30, 2019, 12:35 PM

Only way we would ever get to the bottom of this is by compelling Ukraine to investigate itself. Which is really funny because just a few years ago we asked Ukraine to investigate corruption. Then they did and we demanded they stop or we'd withhold money. Now we demand they restart the prior investigation or they'll lose funding.

And such is the life of a puppet (state).

None of it is illegal (in the US). Really, it's not an impeachable offense, even if there was a quid pro quo.

As an aside, the reason Attorney General Barr will never get to the bottom of Russian collusion is because for him to do that, he has to solicit the cooperation of the State Department. As such, he will never get to the bottom of how that all started. He will toss several people in jail I'm sure. But he will never get to the bottom of it.

And although all of this was envisioned by our founding fathers, their vision of just what's happening now was always in the context of a failure in what they were trying to create.

So your explanation is "deep state"

Oct 30, 2019, 12:41 PM

or could it be that the State Department won't do it because it is highly unethical?

Ukraine wasn't investigating corruption.

Oct 30, 2019, 2:56 PM [ in reply to Because the State Department will tell him to pound sand. ]

and THAT was why they weren't getting their money. Why do you guys keep on with that nonsense?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

FYI the big, bad, spooky Deep State is not a real thing.

Oct 30, 2019, 11:44 AM [ in reply to DOJ has no authority to investigate corruption in Ukraine ]

Hth

Don't know if it is or isn't. But if it is

Oct 30, 2019, 12:28 PM

It calls the State Department home.

It isn’t.***

Oct 30, 2019, 12:53 PM

Oh just hush. You're spoiling this.***

Oct 30, 2019, 10:31 AM [ in reply to Quid Pro Quo is the entire purpose of giving money to ]

If Trump was holding the money why...

Oct 30, 2019, 12:35 PM [ in reply to Quid Pro Quo is the entire purpose of giving money to ]

he did a really poor job since Ukraine hasn't opened an investigation into Biden. You're right about QPQ. Why else would America give away money other than to manipulate?

The exact same people who are claiming Trump committed a crime are able to completely ignore that Biden bragged about doing the the same thing.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Libbies been wrong about everything so far, why stop now***

Oct 30, 2019, 12:14 PM [ in reply to I waited patiently for Russian collusion. 2 years actually. ]

If she's a hollerer, she'll be a screamer.
If she's a screamer, she'll get you arrested.

Re: Will someone please wake me up when the dims actually

Oct 30, 2019, 10:31 PM [ in reply to Will someone please wake me up when the dims actually ]

Formal charges don't come until after the investigation.

You don't get DUI's just because a cop saw you drive by...

Or you own a My Pillow***

Oct 30, 2019, 8:06 AM

I mean, I dunno...

Oct 30, 2019, 8:11 AM

Kinda want one of those dude's pillows.

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

I ordered one of those sobakowa pillows or whatever

Oct 30, 2019, 8:16 AM

complete fugging rip off.

Conversely, if you’re instantly ready

Oct 30, 2019, 8:37 AM

to instantly lend unfailing credibility to every latest impeachment savior du jour, you may enjoy the standing in a sheep posture and hollering “wolf” daily.

To swipe from Chris Rock, Pubs too convinced he’s innocent, Dems too convinced he’s guilty.

It should also be noted that the substance of your linked article doesn’t match the headline.

“ Sources from both parties told CNN that the changes were not seen as significant.”

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Conversely, if you’re instantly ready

Oct 30, 2019, 9:03 AM

I'm willing to rest my trust on the ethos of a man like Vindman, and any deletion is a big deal.

Deletion = Knowing you screwed up. It's like deleting a bad social media post.

let’s see, so far the left has collectively

Oct 30, 2019, 9:15 AM

Rested their anti-Trump trust on the ethos (ethoses? Ethoi?) of:

John Brennan - Lied to Congress about spying on Congress

James Clapper - Lied to Congress about NSA data collection

Andrew McCabe - lied to investigators to cover up leaking

Adam Schiff - lied about having proof of collusion, and lied about communicating with whistleblower

Michael Avenatti - just lol

When you embrace liars to assail a liar, you’re still supporting lying. Giving anyone in this process instant and total “trust in their ethos” is naive at best, IMHO.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm bipartisan. I rest my trust with no one.***

Oct 30, 2019, 10:02 AM

You and other libs have your heads up

Oct 30, 2019, 9:30 AM [ in reply to Re: Conversely, if you’re instantly ready ]

the liberal MSM's arses.. Keep it up, Cata, we love it!

Re: Conversely, if you’re instantly ready

Oct 31, 2019, 8:57 PM [ in reply to Conversely, if you’re instantly ready ]

Obed said:

to instantly lend unfailing credibility to every latest impeachment savior du jour, you may enjoy the standing in a sheep posture and hollering “wolf” daily.

To swipe from Chris Rock, Pubs too convinced he’s innocent, Dems too convinced he’s guilty.

It should also be noted that the substance of your linked article doesn’t match the headline.

“ Sources from both parties told CNN that the changes were not seen as significant.”

Chris Rock not withstanding your mish-mash of quotes in itself are misleading. The quote came from Stpeanie Griffin, the responses to her are in no way indicative to CNN's view of the missing quotes but rather the repsonses of 'both parties' to the morass:

White House press secretary Stephanie Grisham challenged Vindman's testimony in a statement Wednesday, claiming that Trump "released a full and accurate transcript of his call" with Zelensky.
"The media is reporting that Lt. Col. Alexander Vindman claims he proposed filling in words that were missing in areas where ellipses were shown in the transcript -- this is false," she said
Sources from both parties told CNN that the changes were not seen as significant." Those statements to CNN form 'sources from both parties" does in no way diminish the headline. Vindman says White House omitted Trump's reference to Biden tapes in transcript of Zelensky call.

how naive you are. deepstate includes the military. duh

Oct 30, 2019, 8:53 AM

oh, and I got the patent on copper clothing!

badge-donor-05yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-conservativealex.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

ARE YOU TRYING TO TELL ME BRETT FARVE IS A LIAR?***

Oct 30, 2019, 8:54 AM

Re: how naive you are. deepstate includes the military. duh

Oct 31, 2019, 8:47 PM [ in reply to how naive you are. deepstate includes the military. duh ]

I use the copper for my hair. Don't tell me that it doesn't work. I refuse to believe in a deep-state at Copper Fit Manufacturing.

Name the crime?***

Oct 30, 2019, 11:03 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Vindman says White House deleted some of the transcript

Oct 30, 2019, 12:13 PM

Lt. Col. Alexander Vindman’s opening statement: “As the transcript [of the phone call] is in the public record, we are all aware of what was said.”

That’s not something you write if you think something significant was omitted.

If she's a hollerer, she'll be a screamer.
If she's a screamer, she'll get you arrested.

Did you read past that line?

Oct 30, 2019, 12:20 PM

or did you stop because you thought it proved your opinion?

Re: Did he contradict that statement later in his testimony?***

Oct 30, 2019, 12:42 PM

Yes. Read the article.***

Oct 30, 2019, 3:00 PM

Replies: 38
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic