Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Justin Fuente/Dabo Swinney
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 2
| visibility 1

Justin Fuente/Dabo Swinney

Sep 4, 2018, 9:32 PM

Fuente was the runner up to Chad Morris for the OC position. I’ve watched him since and he’s one heck of a coach. Happy that Chad is getting his shot at arky, but if I had to choose one for my HC position. I’m going with Fuente.

Dabo said in an interview he chose Chad because he used the same verbiage, and I think it worked out well for everyone. VT is definitely a team to watch out for going forward

Go Tigers!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Fuente second best coach in the league

Sep 4, 2018, 10:59 PM

VT is on the way back to real relevance

VT has a way to go

Sep 5, 2018, 6:04 AM

They looked good Monday night and / or FSU looked pitiful. It is hard to say. Certainly, they are on their way back, but they need to step up in recruiting. Look at our last game with them and you would see our defense throwing them around like rag dolls. Austin Bryant was a beast in that game, but he wasn't the only Tiger who mauled them. They need more size to go with their speed.

Tech reminds me of the late '80s when Beamer was getting started. We played them in Blacksburg and won - wore them out in the second half. Of course, Coach Ford did that to everyone. However, I remember telling my dad that Tech was well coached that day. They were out-matched but well coached. Over time, they won a few more games due to coaching and started to recruit better. Then they won a few more games and recruited even better.

Beamer had a good model. He build a quality program through good coaching - especially with special teams. Maybe Tech is on a similar path. Plus I like Fuentes a lot better than Beamer. I am not sure if Frank was a nice guy, but Fuentes appears to be.

Replies: 2
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic