Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Uverse question.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

Uverse question.

Feb 2, 2016, 10:04 AM

They set up some horrible name for the netowrk and an even worse password. Say I wanted to craft a situation where I could change the password daily. How do I go about doing that?

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Are you trying to keep someone from hacking your

Feb 2, 2016, 10:11 AM

DVR?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No. My end goal would be to be able to

Feb 2, 2016, 10:12 AM

turn off access to the wifi iffin the new roommate doesn't pay me on time.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Do you have a daily pay arrangement with your roomie?

Feb 2, 2016, 10:15 AM

Otherwise, just change the password the day they don't pay.

Am I underthinking this?

I cannot change the password as the situation currently sits

Feb 2, 2016, 10:20 AM

. I am sure I could call ATT and have it changed once if I felt the need, but that would get annoying. They idea would be change that password, set up some other access point off that wifi, and control from there. I guess this could also be useful for guest.

Re: I cannot change the password as the situation currently sits

Feb 2, 2016, 10:29 AM

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=18940239

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No, they are not hiring***

Feb 2, 2016, 10:13 AM

I bet they are, but I bet that job sucks.***

Feb 2, 2016, 10:14 AM

Uverse?

Feb 2, 2016, 10:14 AM

As if any of them are any better?***

Feb 2, 2016, 10:15 AM

Anything is better than AT&T, you have been warned***

Feb 2, 2016, 10:21 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^^Never experienced Comcast.***

Feb 2, 2016, 10:23 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Comcast's customer service blows (like all cable companies)

Feb 2, 2016, 10:26 AM

But their product is much better and cheaper than Uverse...I think Uverse's speed caps out at 18 Mbps

I do think 18 is the highest.

Feb 2, 2016, 10:29 AM

I have that plan now but I don't think it ever gets that high. I will pay them their $130/month for a year and cancel promptly on 12/22. No telling what is the next step.

My bill would be $190/month without the specials. My old HOA fee, that included Dish Network and some kind of internet capped at 10 Mpbs was only $180/month.

I thought I was going to have a situation like yours

Feb 17, 2018, 3:01 PM [ in reply to Anything is better than AT&T, you have been warned*** ]

with the returned equipment. I got one letter saying they didn't have it. After a minor rage moment, I saw that it was dated before I even shipped it. No word since them. I'll own UPS and ATT if they mess with me too much. I am sure one of our T-Net Lawyers will take on my case.

Like I said, just wait until you receive your bill

Feb 2, 2016, 10:28 AM

If they've charged you for it, prepare for battle. I hope you saved the UPS tracking number, I think that was my only saving grace.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Uverse question.

Feb 2, 2016, 10:16 AM

Have you tried logging into the router?

Look on the back of the router for a domain name. If it doesn't have one, navigate to the router IP address (mine is 10.1.10.1, but I'm on a subnet, try just 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.0.1 or http://www.techspot.com/guides/287-default-router-ip-addresses/ ).

There should be a generic login associated with the admin screen that comes up when you navigate to the router IP address such as admin/admin or admin/password. If that doesn't work, it's possible the tech matched the router credentials with your ISP credentials (how you log in to pay bill).

If you can find that IP address and get logged in, the routers are preconfigured with an options panel that should provide you access to everything you need.

HTH

Feb 2, 2016, 10:18 AM

http://www.wikihow.com/Access-a-U-Verse-Router

Re: HTH

Feb 2, 2016, 10:20 AM

If asked for a password, use the wireless network key found on the sticker on your U-Verse router.

There ya go, assuming you're using the router they provide you with

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic