Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Using racism against people you label as racist, WUT?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 33
| visibility 1

Using racism against people you label as racist, WUT?

Feb 20, 2021, 9:53 PM

When did this crap go full tilt boogey?

Saw the post about Coca Cola's mandatory employee training to "be less white" and can't believe how much control the ANARCHISTS have taken over in the USA.
This madness is everywhere thanks primarily to politicians, schools, and the media.
There's just no end to the insanity!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Racism" is a path to money and power for many, and

Feb 20, 2021, 10:09 PM

and a way to avoid responsibility and accountability for many others. All the while, real racism, racial bigotry, and the hate and division it drives cannot be addressed.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

So, putting on "blackface" is cool now?

Feb 20, 2021, 10:35 PM

I can't pretend to be what I'm not! :)

Wait, did i just post a yellow smiley face?! Yikes! I'm racist! :O

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

John 3:16; 14:1-6

I would read the actual article

Feb 20, 2021, 10:39 PM

nowhere does it say that Cocacola forces its employees to be less white, or train them to do so. The smoking gun mentioned in the article is that the aforementioned video, made by Robin DiAngelo, is available on the same online training platform that Coke uses. That is it. there is nothing here. Nobody credible is reporting this, not even Fox News or Newsmax.

so unless that changes, you guys are getting worked up over A nothing burger, which was kind of the point.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I would read the actual article

Feb 21, 2021, 8:34 AM

Yeah, no doubt the right exaggerates as well. Too bad because it does really make it hard to discern fact from fiction.

This article claims to show screen shots that look pretty bad.

https://www.wionews.com/world/coca-cola-promotes-anti-white-rhetoric-invites-backlash-365070

I looked at a couple other links. They are showing the same info...are those screen shots not actually from the Coke training?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 21, 2021, 3:52 PM

well, if all of if this turns out to be true, this liberal thinks it is pretty dumb.

how's that?, we are potentially in agreement.

I think you raise a fair point, but I would like to hear

Feb 21, 2021, 8:44 AM [ in reply to I would read the actual article ]

Coca Cola on the record on these trainings. In a time when I could get fired for a personal Tweet questioning the mission of BLM, or showing someone the “ok” sign because corporate America can’t handle questions about whether they basically endorse any one employee’s personal behavior, I think it’s fair to get some clarity.

Was this course reviewed by anyone at CC?
Was there any option to edit the offered curriculum?
Do employees get any credit or acknowledgement if they take the course?
And most telling, what are their thoughts on the message of the course? Do they think whiteness is a problem?

Let’s here them go on the record on whether or not they accept this blatantly racist message as value-add for their white employees who might need to be less white.

null

Hear them, not here them. Grrr. Also, the comment

Feb 21, 2021, 9:12 AM

that they are continually reviewing their curriculum is telling. As if they do have some influence. I would like that clarified. Do they intend to keep this particular training as an option? Doing so, when they had the option of removal, would be a concession that they believe this is a lesson of value for their employees (presumably only their white employees, as I assume based on the training material that no other employees are capable of having this race-specific character flaw).

null

Feb 21, 2021, 8:56 AM [ in reply to I would read the actual article ]

Oh it’s not a big deal because the blatantly racist training was optional!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Simple question for you, Tbalm.

Feb 21, 2021, 10:04 AM [ in reply to I would read the actual article ]

Should white people try to be less white? Do you see whiteness as a problem?

Sorry, I guess that's two simple questions.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Don't deflect

Feb 21, 2021, 1:30 PM

He pointed out y'all overreacted and didn't research this.

One simple question for you: Why couldn't you look up whether this was accurate or not before responding?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

Not deflecting at all; my question stands whether I

Feb 21, 2021, 3:52 PM

read the article or not, whether the video was required or not, and I will ask you: Should white people try to be less white? And do you see whiteness as a problem?

- H. L. Mencken

No.***

Feb 21, 2021, 5:39 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

Thank you.

Feb 21, 2021, 6:45 PM

Like I said, simple.

- H. L. Mencken

Except this is all irrelevant.

Feb 22, 2021, 7:53 AM

The OP was irrelevant. Your questions to Balm and me are irrelevant. Balm correctly explained that people should research this further.

Entertaining this question is silly. It's generated off a video by someone who can't even create a decent looking PowerPoint and should not be taken seriously.

You sure spend a lot of time on silly, irrelevant stuff.***

Feb 22, 2021, 7:16 PM

- H. L. Mencken

Smiling Tiger

Feb 21, 2021, 10:32 PM [ in reply to Simple question for you, Tbalm. ]

I think people should be whatever they want to be perceived as provided they do not harm others. Me personally, I do not give a fugg how people identify because these social constructs are manmade and can change in a generation. Who is to say it is not the woman;s job to go out an provide while we men sit at home and master-bait. If we can socially engineer that one into a societal norm then we have done our job. ;)

What I despise are greedy, self-indulgent people, and I look up to the altruistic. That is all you need to know about me and how I perceive and judge others.

LOL!***

Feb 22, 2021, 7:15 AM

- H. L. Mencken

Re: Using racism against people you label as racist, WUT?

Feb 21, 2021, 11:48 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Is it really this hard for y'all to research this...

Feb 21, 2021, 1:36 PM

And verify whether or not it's accurate?

CUnextSmiling Tiger®HuntClub®Clemson mountaineersNeal in NC®NC_Tiger_Swarley

C'mon. CUNext blindly believes a Tweet and screenshots that look they were made in the shittiest PowerPoint ever, and y'all just assume it's real?

Use Google. Do some research. This isn't hard, folks. It really isn't. Be better.

A statement from Coke on this:

"The video and images attributed to a Coca-Cola training program are not part of the company’s learning curriculum. Our Better Together global training is part of a learning plan to help build an inclusive workplace. It is comprised of a number of short vignettes, each a few minutes long. The training includes access to the LinkedIn Learning platform on a variety of topics, including on diversity, equity and inclusion. The video in question was accessible on the LinkedIn Learning platform but was not part of the company’s curriculum. We will continue to listen to our employees and refine our learning programs as appropriate."

It was a random video that one could access from a LinkedIn platform that wasn't part of their training.

Every site that claimed Coke forced their employees to watch this, including the Washington Examiner who actually cancels out their own headline with the above quote, is questionable and not to be taken seriously. Every single one.

C'mon, people. Even Fox News knows this is BS.

Thanks Cata. I stand by my comments.***

Feb 21, 2021, 1:44 PM

null

And they gave you the statement you wanted.

Feb 21, 2021, 1:48 PM

This wasn't part of their curriculum or required training.

That wasn’t my question.***

Feb 21, 2021, 2:00 PM

null

Re: That wasn’t my question.***

Feb 21, 2021, 2:07 PM

I think you raise a fair point, but I would like to hear Coca Cola on the record on these trainings.

They did it.

Was this course reviewed by anyone at CC?

Obviously not as they stated it wasn't part of their curriculum or required training.

Was there any option to edit the offered curriculum?

How would employees get an option to edit the curriculum? And that's a moot point as this video wasn't part of it.

Do employees get any credit or acknowledgement if they take the course?

Generally employees get some sort of certificate of completion for verification of training.

And most telling, what are their thoughts on the message of the course? Do they think whiteness is a problem?

Does the most powerful and best selling soft corporation in history--run by white people, staffed mostly by white people, and sold mainly to white people--think whiteness is problem? You tell me.

There ya go.

Re: Is it really this hard for y'all to research this...

Feb 21, 2021, 2:56 PM [ in reply to Is it really this hard for y'all to research this... ]

Catahoula®

Well, my response was more sarcastic than anything. Did you really read what I said AND how I finished the post? Don't you think it is like a Tigerbalm1 post?

But, I know it is easy to get a rise out of people over misunderstanding printed words and intentions.

Message was edited by: HuntClub®

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 21, 2021, 5:39 PM

I think like the rest of the people in this thread, you took CUNext's post at its face value and overreacted.

Gobbledy goop....

Feb 21, 2021, 7:49 PM

Nice display of doubletalk going on from Coke...

"The video and images attributed to a Coca-Cola training program are not part of the company’s learning curriculum. Our Better Together global training is part of a learning plan to help build an inclusive workplace. It is comprised of a number of short vignettes, each a few minutes long. The training includes access to the LinkedIn Learning platform on a variety of topics, including on diversity, equity and inclusion. The video in question was accessible on the LinkedIn Learning platform but was not part of the company’s curriculum. We will continue to listen to our employees and refine our learning programs as appropriate."

"NOT part of the company's learning CURRICULUM"..... "Better Together GLOBAL TRAINING (get this cata) ...IS... part of a learning PLAN"

Justified by: "to help build an inclusive workplace."

YOU KNOW WHAT THEY DID.
Stop pretending this isn't exactly what it appears to be!

Re: Gobbledy goop....

Feb 22, 2021, 7:52 AM

No, what actually happened is someone did a little deep digging off the link, found this joke of a video, and then stirred up the fringe right wing media (which you apparently follow) to make people believe Coke did it even though they stated clearly they didn't.

Your post, and the posts of those who believed you are, are embarrassing.

Re: Gobbledy goop....

Feb 22, 2021, 4:52 PM

Wasn't trying to embarrass you cata. Just because some Lib's at Coca Cola got exposed trying to perpetrate an evil, divisive plan doesn't mean all You Lib's are the same....

Feb 21, 2021, 8:59 PM [ in reply to Re: Is it really this hard for y'all to research this... ]

Well, your ability to "ignore the facts" is astounding and, by your own admission, you don't accept any truth but what you claim it to be. No video needed to prove that truth. No Pulitzer Prize winner needs to write the article after exhaustive research to bring it to light. Thank you for proving it yourself.

Have a good week.

Don't get all butthurt...

Feb 22, 2021, 8:48 AM

You fell for a fake article. It happens to everyone now and then. Going forward, use more due diligence to determine if something is true or not, especially if it outrages you.

Not even you outrage me

Feb 22, 2021, 9:48 AM

almost- almost -humorous. You supposedly being an adult. mostly sad though, that you entirely insist on acting like a child.

Feb 22, 2021, 8:46 AM [ in reply to Is it really this hard for y'all to research this... ]

I stand by my comment. The fact that Coca Cola promoted blatantly racist training, even if optional, is still bad.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You're still failing at this.

Feb 22, 2021, 8:50 AM

Coca Cola did NOT promote this woman's presentation. They provided a link to more resources if employees wanted to check it out, and someone happened to link her video on it.

That's like blaming Crump if Tigernet links to a site, and then there's a link on THAT site that you don't like.

Replies: 33
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic