Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Us going forward . . .
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 2,382

Us going forward . . .

Nov 11, 2017, 11:21 PM

Yes, I am aware of our problems throwing the ball downfield, and all of KB's flaws. He will be our QB regardless, barring injury. Get used to it, and quit letting it frustrate you. Grow a set.

We beat The Citadel. We beat the Coots. I have no doubt in my mind.

Miami will be tough, but I think we beat them. They certainly looked impressive tonight, but I maintain it is over a once again over-rated, over-hyped, boring ND team. Don't go thinking we can't beat them.

As for Alabama, that goes double. I have said it all along - yes - they are good - but once again they are NOT some unbeatable, mythical creature that is on a totally different level than everybody else. Don't buy into it. They are very beatable by a good team. ####, we KNOW this better than anybody. Auburn may very well do it before we get to them (if we do).

It will be tough. This is a very, very young team. We miss the greatest QB to ever play at Clemson (shocker). We have limitations. I understand the frustration many of you feel. But this team has a lot of players capable of stepping up and being a hero, probably more so than last year. Maybe more importantly, this team has grit; they certainly don't have to play well to win. My point to all of this is that here we stand, with 2 games left in the regular season; we're 9-1, probably ranked #2 or #3 in the country, with yet another division championship wrapped up, and 3 wins away from our 3rd straight College Football Playoff. Enjoy where we are, right now, for heaven's sake, and hope for the best. These are the good old days of Clemson football you'll be telling your kids and grandkids about.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

True words.

Nov 11, 2017, 11:24 PM

Is that the heart medicine talking?
If so or not...either way, keep talking, bro!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The only meds I'm on, believe it or not, is a beta blocker

Nov 11, 2017, 11:29 PM

I take once a day, and a baby asprin. No good stuff! Hey, I'm just keepin' it real! :)

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: The only meds I'm on, believe it or not, is a beta blocker

Nov 11, 2017, 11:58 PM

Nice post Smiling. I too take an aspirin and a beta blocker daily

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

For relaxing times, make it Suntory time

POTD!!!!***

Nov 11, 2017, 11:25 PM

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good post! This was going to be a

Nov 11, 2017, 11:48 PM

Rebuilding year because of who we lost and our youth. The best is yet to come! Go Tigers!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's right. I mean, didn't most folks on here predict

Nov 11, 2017, 11:52 PM

somewhere between 11-1 and 9-3, with a shot at a conference title? We're right on track. Very few thought we'd go undefeated.

- H. L. Mencken

Great post.. i love this team.***

Nov 11, 2017, 11:56 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

I think people worry too much about our offense this season

Last year that was our bread and butter. This year that is our defense. Our team will go as far as our D takes us. We're not gonna win a shootout anyone, but our offense is good enough to put up enough points to win as long as the D brings its "A" game. Not worrying about KB's overthrows, just worry that he protects the ball more from here on out. If we protect the ball, run the football, and play mean D the sky is the limit!

Too much sense in this poast

is making my head hurt. I can only handle trolls, dumpers and wannabe coaches

No reason to be frustrated

Nov 12, 2017, 12:01 AM

Your optimism is admirable. Most folks here (including me) would say that we have exceeded expectations this season overall. The disconcerting thing is KB’s regression over the last few games... and that seems to have permeated the offense in general. Whether KB’s struggles are related to the ankle injury, who’s to say? He seems to be running ok. But when he fumbles the ball like that late in the 4th quarter, well... he doesn’t inspire any confidence at all at this point. Multiple fumbles deep in the red zone don’t help, either. Our offense is a mess. Thank goodness for some talented young tailbacks.

Let’s just hope that our defense can do a lot of healing over the next two weeks so they can shut down the coots. And let’s hope that somehow Kelly Bryant and our offense can reverse this spiral into ineptitude. Lastly, we all better hope that the Miami team we saw tonight doesn’t make it to Charlotte... or we’re in trouble.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: No reason to be frustrated

Nov 12, 2017, 12:38 AM

The fumbles and miss catches are only what concerns me. Lost points. This team has shown with a healthy KB, it would be un-defeated row now. Only thing I question is his weight transfer in his throwing motion. Putting pressure on that back ankle, maybe he is sailing a few because of that. Receivers not catching passes and drops have hit us all year though by our veterans.

There is improvement all around needed, but you are correct, our running game is stout. So is defense. Many championships have been won by all of the above, with improvements, who knows how far we'll go. As far as QB, we're winning and coaches know alot more than I do and I'm sure if adjustments needed to made, they will make them. That just my opinion, not orange kool aid. They've taken us to two already. The future is bright. Beat the dirtpeckers, and getting ready for Charlotte.

Go Tigers!!

Replies: 11
| visibility 2,382
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic