Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Urban Meyer statement.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

Urban Meyer statement.

Dec 11, 2020, 1:33 PM

[quote]“You can’t do something as long as I’ve done it (and not) just feel a little bit empty. I have a great spot on Fox, and I love Reggie, Matt, Brady and Rob Stone,” he said. “We have a great group. I really have absorbed that and embraced it. But, to say I don’t think about it… it’s every day. But it’d have to be the perfect, perfect situation. It’d have to be something that I was confident that the health issues I could overcome, and at least prevent. So, I don’t know. At this point, I think I’m done, but I learned a long time ago…you know, I left a job once where I really planned on being there, then you get a phone call from a better opportunity. So, you know, I think I’m done, but I would never say I’m never done.”[/quote]

I had to get my decoder ring out for that one. Here is what it told me:

"Jimmy Sexton has assured me that he can still get me more money and other stuff from Texas. I trust him."

My other decoder ring told me this:

"Jimmy Sexton has told me that Brian Kelly is headed to the NFL. He told me ND will match what Texas has already promised me. I trust him."

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Urban Meyer statement.

Dec 11, 2020, 1:42 PM

I really don't give Urban a lot of credit as a coach as I think he just gets the absolute most talented teams in the country and occasionally picks up a championship but I will say when he leaves a school he does not leave them empty handed and that's a fact. He left Florida loaded with talent, he left Ohio State loaded with talent and for that reason he will always come up even if he's a bandaid on a cut and not a long term fix he will however put it in the right direction.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

As Lee Corso would say, Not So Fast

Dec 11, 2020, 1:48 PM

I have serious doubts Notre Dame would accept Urban Meyer as coach.

They may be negotiating hard with UT (and walking away is often part of negotiating) but we won't see him in South Bend. I have a friend that is a huge and very knowledgeable ND fan. He thinks Urban Meyer is a scumbag and would blow a gasket if they hired (or even considered) him.

Re: As Lee Corso would say, Not So Fast

Dec 11, 2020, 4:35 PM

Holtz was a scumbag and he coached at ND for years.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Urban Meyer statement.

Dec 11, 2020, 1:50 PM

Urban doesn’t coach for the money, fame or power, but he does.

That’s kinda how I read it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

All I hear is "me me me, I I I, me me me, I I I"***

Dec 11, 2020, 2:21 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

One Issue

Dec 11, 2020, 2:27 PM

is that Chip Kelly and Brian Kelly have similar personalities. I don't think Chip Kelly's experiences in the NFL did Brian Kelly any favors in regards to possible employment in the NFL.

Nah

Dec 11, 2020, 2:59 PM

Longtime Oregon fan here. Chip Kelly and Brian Kelly have very little in common. They are closer to being exact opposites.

Why do you think their personalities are similar?

I'm not convinced Brian Kelly would leave ND for the NFL.

Dec 11, 2020, 2:33 PM

Maybe he would, I don't know. Just seems weird to voluntarily leave what is considered by many to be the top college football coaching job (or at least a top 5 job) when things are going well there.

Also, I don't trust much of anything that comes out of Urban Meyer's mouth. I think he's a very good coach, a great recruiter, and would surely take a Texas or a Notre Dame to new heights. But I also believe he would lie, cheat, and steal in order to do it. I'm glad Dabo is our coach.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Up until about last year, Kelly was actively looking to

Dec 11, 2020, 3:08 PM

go to the NFL. He's admitted as much. But in making that move, he wanted control over personnel as well as to be the coach and no organizations were willing to give him that. He may now be over his NFL itch, as he's implied, and intend to stay at ND. But up until about two years ago, he wanted out of there.

Urban “Oscar” Meyer

Dec 11, 2020, 3:01 PM

Utah - Pac12 - check
Florida -SEC - check
Ohio State - B10 - check
Texas - B12 - makes sense

He’ll probably be at Miami or Florida State in 10 years

I don't think he would go to UF's rival

Dec 11, 2020, 3:10 PM

Miami maybe but I couldn't see him ever coaching at FSU.

Utah was in MW when Urban was their

Dec 11, 2020, 3:29 PM [ in reply to Urban “Oscar” Meyer ]

He could still go PAC at USC.

Anybody else get the feeling old Urbane is just doing all

Dec 11, 2020, 3:38 PM

he can to get / keep Tom Herman twisting in the wind? Anyone know if there is any bad history there?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic