Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Updated- This is south carolina football.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 27
| visibility 1

Updated- This is south carolina football.

Dec 14, 2014, 12:43 PM

After 10 seasons as head coach at scarolina, Darth Visor has a mediocre 44-36 conference record. Of those 10 seasons, 7 (yes 7) have included 5 or more losses. Four of those seasons were privileged with 6 or more losses. This "offensive wizard" has a less than commendable 10-10 overall bowl record... soon to be 10-11 hopefully. But hey, he claimed them to be "national bowl champions." Best fans in the nation? Sure, you've sold 700 of 8,000 bowl tickets. Wow, diehard fans Stevie...

Reports surfaced that Will Muschamp could land at scarolina. Like many of you, I had a good laugh at that one. However Will is not the only one to decommit from CootU (aside from their Walmart fan base). O lineman Paris Palmer recently bailed and decided to head to Penn State. Also gone are OL Austin Clark, LB Davon Durant, and DB Jaire Alexander. And news broke yesterday of yet ANOTHER recruit from Louisiana bailing out. That makes 5. Hey... high five yard birds!

And it gets better. Defensive end Arden Key said he remains a strong scar commit.... but he'll decide on signing day between Georgia and scar. LB Sherrod Pittman also said he's still committed... but he's not ready to "shut it down just yet." Florida is all but knocking his door down. The same goes for three star OL Christian Pellage who is visiting Florida. DB commit Damon Arnette and DE Quandeski Whitlow are taking visits to Louisville. Oh by the way, Palmer, Clark, the kid from Louisiana and Pellage were all poised to compete for starting jobs on the O line. No blocking= BIG problems.

When Deshaun played hurt and we beat them they were outraged that we let him play. Yet when Shaw, Lattimore, and Clowney played hurt they called them heroes. Typical. They attempt to mock us for taking the field after every game. Yet it was them who tore down a goal post after beating New Mexico State. Two things haven't changed since 1920, the width of a goal post and the number of SEC titles scar has.

They mock the ACC yet they proudly display an ACC championship banner. They mock the Big12 and yet a Big12 relocator has more SEC east titles in 3 years than they have in over 20 years of "participation" in the SEC. Not to mention they have winning records over only 3 SEC teams. That list includes world beaters like Vanderbilt, Kentucky, and Miss St. But hey... this is south carolina football......

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Updated- This is south carolina football.

Dec 14, 2014, 12:49 PM

Outstanding post.....full on on everything....100% agree...Go Tigers

Dec 14, 2014, 1:06 PM

Bravo! They are the epitome of delusional. Great post!

OK...get it, but let's move on since they are BACK! ***

Dec 14, 2014, 1:10 PM

GoTiGERs...keep winning Team!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Spurrier is a champ

Dec 14, 2014, 1:16 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

misspelled Chump***

Dec 15, 2014, 12:09 AM

Dec 14, 2014, 1:26 PM

TigerBry, AWESOME POST!!!!! I love it. Permission to copy and paste to send to all my coot people? Their house is on fire and this is fun times.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Updated- This is south carolina football....

Dec 14, 2014, 1:34 PM

As Steve listens to crickets chirping in Columbia

Hey 92', go right ahead buddy. I have no problem with that.

Dec 14, 2014, 1:45 PM [ in reply to Re: Updated- This is south carolina football. ]

My genuine hatred for for them is familiar to many. Feel free to repost and keep in your back pocket. I try to update these as the structure fire that is coot football flames up. They make it easy you know....

Re: Hey 92', go right ahead buddy. I have no problem with that.

Dec 14, 2014, 1:51 PM

Thanks man. Yes they do. This is Christmas come early for all of us Tiger fans.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Hey 92', go right ahead buddy. I have no problem with that.

Dec 16, 2014, 1:33 PM [ in reply to Hey 92', go right ahead buddy. I have no problem with that. ]

Why "hate" a University an inanimate enity? Did it wrong you in some other life or this one? Did the school not admit you? Did a fan steal your wife or girl friend? Did a Gamecock fan player or coach punch your child or kick your dog? I just can understand how with all that is wrong in the world one could "hate" a university.
Did you play at Clemson and lose to USC or have a fan or another player injure you to the point that you could no longer play? Were you a student and lose money or have USC take the life of a family mbr?
Or are you just one of those ppl that has a ton of room in your life for hate?
Me I don't hate the guy that stabbed my father while wearing a Clemson shirt. Nor do I hate the vet that accidentally killed my dog with a Clemson deploma behind his desk. I don't hate the engineer (a Clemson grad) that has a structure fail. I don't even hate the guy that rear ended my car a nearly killed me and a friend with an IPTAY sticker on his car. So please pray tell the great wrong done to you by the Univ of South Carolina or a player fan or alumni. I honestly would like to know to see how we can help you get past your anger and just enjoy the success that the two Univ (one the Flagship for the state & the other the states land grant school) are enjoying now.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Can I throw something out there....?

Dec 16, 2014, 1:51 PM

It is a football forum. Folks are entitled to their own opinions; and you may not like them all. Some are pumpers. Some are dumpers. Other are straight up knuckleheads. If a post on a forum raises your blood pressure that much then I'd probably recommend a different way to pass your downtime.

Second, are you surprised that all of us aren't very fond of your beloved birds? It is a rivalry, you know. And this is a pro-Clemson site... since the name wasn't a dead giveaway. Would a democrat go to a republican convention and act shocked or outraged when they have a different take on things?

Just a thought.....

Dec 14, 2014, 1:35 PM

tldr+1

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 14, 2014, 2:14 PM

actually, the width of the goalposts has changed since 1920

Dec 14, 2014, 8:49 PM

Yep, NCAA changed them in 1959 and 1991.

Point sir!***

Dec 14, 2014, 2:21 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Shamecocks

Dec 14, 2014, 2:34 PM

SC has 51 losing seasons in their history. Prior to spurrier they were under .500 in the history of the school. And let's not forget the 1999 0-11 season after the 1-10 1998 season. They all live in a five year window of history.

dead right on this! Are u sure u are not the ...

Dec 14, 2014, 3:15 PM

Pigskin Prophet? Eerily similar writing style.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nah, I can assure you I'm not the Pigskin Prophet. Just a knucklehead poster

Dec 14, 2014, 4:03 PM

That absolutely hates the coots.

We need to steal Fields and Bailey.***

Dec 14, 2014, 8:10 PM

Bailey's a coot...

Dec 14, 2014, 8:25 PM

https://twitter.com/ZackaryDBailey/status/544155160961089537

And I don't think he's budging...

Re: Bailey's a coot...

Dec 14, 2014, 10:24 PM

he is a lost cause

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 14, 2014, 8:18 PM

What do you expect from Steve? It is Carolina. He is a football coach. He is not a miracle worker. Carolina would suck Saban down the toilet. No wonder Steve is now a heavy drinker.

Dec 14, 2014, 8:49 PM

The low life of a dirt ######.

bry, you outdid yourself this time. great post.

Dec 15, 2014, 5:39 AM

i will gladly add another thumbs up for ya!

well done***

Dec 15, 2014, 10:24 AM

Dec 16, 2014, 1:14 PM

Man I had no idea how upset you guys still wore about the 5 in a row. I guess that really did sting.

A couple of points of note:
1. While I am a Gamecock Alumni and GCC mbr my uncle is a retired Clemson professor and pilot for your athletic dept. Also Mickey Andrews has known me my entire life and helped me when I started coaching in Cali. My father played in the Clemson band before going to Vietnam he came back got some common sense and graduated from USC (that's a joke don't freak out)

2. I have ran down the hill with the Clemson football team under Coach Ford has a young child back when they allowed such things b4 insurance issues. I spent many hours with some of your football greats around the dinner table during the holiday bowl when they could not go home. So when I speak it is not through garnet colored glasses. I have respect for Clemson as a university their fans and the athletics.

3. I am a 20 year military mbr living in Virginia Beach until I retire next Spring so I have little to no interest in arguing w/ppl I don't know over the internet. When someone as actively engaged in trying to take your life such things as internet agreements become petty.

Sorry to take up a ton of space but I thought my 1st post should lay out my avenue of approach.

Now on to the meat of the post:
1 Spurrier's record. All points in the original post are valid & accurate. Left out was his record vs Dabo, Dabo's record vs joint opponents such as UGA this season and his record vs non-SEC foes. As well as the fact that the 5 game win streak so upset your head coach that he put up a countdown clock and effectively said "to hell with the rest of the season just beat Carolina"...a Gamecock team that was 6-5 entering the game. As far as fans go I will talk about the bowl below but I will simply ad here that every school thinks they have the best fans in the world. But I didn't see to many Clemson fans hanging around the last few years in the 4th qtr as well as a pretty good memory of 3-8 Clemson team that beat a 1-9 USC team and saw the fans rush on the field in trumpth. So..yeah. Moving on.

2. ACC vs SEC:
1st congrants for the ACC run this rivalary season.

2nd the poster mentioned Vandy & Kentucky as weak sisters but failed to mention Wake Forest UNC UVA VATech (mentioned BC they lost to ECU and Spurrier beat ECU) BC (who had more fans at a recent hockey game than they averaged for football season) NCSU Pitt Syracuse etc. I would match SEC bottom 6-7 to the ACC bottom on a yearly basis. Not to mention TV revenue which has allowed USC to jump at least 1 generation ahead in FAC. So much so that CU had to go to the State and more or less beg for money in 2010 to try and keep up. Citing confence disparity as a primary reason CU could not raise its own funding.

3: The ACC championship banner is up at Williams Brice and we are proud of what was accomplished in the past just as Clemson is proud of its history. But let's be honest things change and people move on. The SEC and ACC of today are not the same as they were in previous decades.

4: The bowl game. I would not recommend trying to make this an issue else we bring up the trip to Idaho when Clemson lost money on the bowl season (even with ACC portions added in) BC they promised to buy so many tickets and well let's just say far less than 8k CU fans showed. Also, please allow me to remind you about the nashing of teeth following an orange bowl blow out loss to WVU. After winning the conf and losing to USC.

5: Playing hurt. 1st your way off Marcus never played hurt and in fact was encouraged to not return for his Sr season so he could at least get a signing bonus. Additionally Marcus was given a job at USC once we retires from the NFL. Csnt say yall did the same for Willie Korn no can we. (more on him later). 2nd Shaw never played w/a torn ligament. And well as I am sure you rmbr was held out of a game at Clemson (year 2 or 3 of the streak) in which SC won. 3rd Clemsonhas a long history of "what have you done for me lately" as evidence by the 1000s of Tiger fans who have no idea who Willie Korn even is let alone that he was the nations #2QB out of Byrne's and was forced to play with a torn shoulder and ended up transferring to North Greenville BC he was never allowed to heal properly at Clemson and his dad to this day blames CU staff for ending his son's steller career and then basically sharting on him when he could no longer help the team win. I fear young Watson will soon be a similar story especially when his coach says "well he can't hurt it any more" and instead of showing concern for his injured QB spent nearly 2 hours talking to the media about how wonderful it felt to beat a 6-5 team.

6. Recruiting: if recruiting class rankings won football games you guys would have never needed a count down clock in your locker room. Let's see who does what with who before we start boasting about the future.

My point (while I realize this is a pro CU board and your fans should be allowed to bask and boast here) people in glass houses should not throw stones. Especially when the internet lasts forever and the points made are so easily countered.

Lastly I will be nice and not focus on the baseball rivalry in this post BC they facts just don't offer a fair debate the way football facts do. Sorry that is just reality.

Dec 16, 2014, 1:44 PM

so says the cocklover. 66-42-4, chew on that coot

Replies: 27
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic