Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
UofL fan looking forward to visiting Death Valley!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 45
| visibility 1

UofL fan looking forward to visiting Death Valley!

Jan 15, 2014, 7:49 PM

The tradition and mystique of Death Valley has always intrigued me, and if I'm being honest, I'm envious of the game day experience you all have going on down there. We have a great game day experience up here in Louisville as well, but from what I've seen on TV and YouTube, very few do it like Clemson. The tailgating videos that I have seen are just absurd, and I can't even imagine how that stadium gets going. I can't wait to experience it in person, and I hope that many of you will make it up to The Ville for a game as well. I'm confident that our fan base will welcome you with open arms.

Just wondering if you all could recommend a few decent hotels semi-close to the stadium, and offer some advice on where to park/tailgate, etc? I would like to ahead and start planning the trip right away.

Thanks in advance!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Made easy..pull your RV in Esso Club's parking lot, drink &

Jan 15, 2014, 7:53 PM

then move on over to Death Valley for some fun & noise! Welcome Cardinals to Tigertown & good luck in the ACC..the National Championship Conference of 2013.

GoTiGERS!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Made easy..pull your RV in Esso Club's parking lot, drink &

Jan 15, 2014, 7:58 PM

Unfortunately, no RV here my man and I don't think I can talk my wife into sleeping in the Explorer :) Looking forward to getting down there though and getting to know some Clemson fans...maybe making some new friends along the way. Thanks for the response.

He gave you bad advice anyways. What he really should

Jan 15, 2014, 8:04 PM

tell you to do is just pull up right in front of the east gate(in front of the rock), put out a couple Barkaloungers on the sidewalk and fire up the grill.

That's the way visitors roll into the Valley.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

Book early (when the schedule gets released) and expect a 2

Jan 15, 2014, 8:03 PM [ in reply to Made easy..pull your RV in Esso Club's parking lot, drink & ]

night minimum at most hotels. Rooms will open up later if it's a noon or 3:30 kickoff when people cancel. Rooms in Clemson are the most expensive. Exit 19 on I-85 is a good second option.

Re: Book early (when the schedule gets released) and expect a 2

Jan 15, 2014, 8:09 PM

Thanks Jhoffma. Appreciate the info.

U may want to forewarn your next QB- the Beast is back!

Jan 15, 2014, 7:57 PM

You'll fall in love with all-that-is-Clemson...win or lose

Looking forward to having UofL in the ACC

Jan 15, 2014, 8:02 PM

Out of all the recent additions, Clemson and BC have developed a pretty good rivalry. I can only imagine the UofL growing to be a very good rivalry that both sides can be proud of (hopefully with Clemson winning a good bit of them hehe). #### sure a better fan base than Maryland(I hate that sorry crew with a passion). Welcome!

Message was edited by: Tiger4lif3®

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

you, your coach and your team all suck equally!***

Jan 15, 2014, 8:04 PM

Re: you, your coach and your team all suck equally!***

Jan 15, 2014, 8:07 PM

Well thanks for making me feel welcome CUGradFan06, lol.

train, check out cufanalum06 pulse, 52% means he is

Jan 15, 2014, 8:20 PM

most likely a coot(sc fan)

thats a rival fan of ours- they live on here evidently due

Jan 15, 2014, 8:55 PM [ in reply to Re: you, your coach and your team all suck equally!*** ]

to their tradition of inferiority. Seems a 100 yrs of losing can't be erased in a day.

Re: Re: you, your coach and your team all suck equally!***

Jan 15, 2014, 9:11 PM [ in reply to Re: you, your coach and your team all suck equally!*** ]

I think I'm going to take your idea on that one!!! I love pissing them off haha and that'll be a good way to do it!

You must understand that we have loads of the rival

Jan 15, 2014, 9:25 PM [ in reply to Re: you, your coach and your team all suck equally!*** ]

gamecoot fans on the board. They suffer from inferiority complex and just want to be appreciated. Really sad but they have ONE, yes ONE, conference championship from 1969(NINETEEN HUNDRED SIXTY NINE) in 115 years of playing football. They have given out 5th place rings(SEC) in the past so that will tell you what is part of the problem. Hope you get to come to the Valley and I know you will enjoy the game day experience.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: you, your coach and your team all suck equally!***

Jan 15, 2014, 10:47 PM [ in reply to Re: you, your coach and your team all suck equally!*** ]

ignore that moron.

null

He does not represent Clemson

Jan 15, 2014, 10:50 PM [ in reply to Re: you, your coach and your team all suck equally!*** ]

We are looking forward to the rivalry with Louisville. At least 99 percent of Gamecock fans on here are insufferable, and can't handle any amount of success with dignity.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Tell 'em capon***

Jan 15, 2014, 8:32 PM [ in reply to you, your coach and your team all suck equally!*** ]

One word of advice: DO NOT woo-hoo...someone care to

Jan 15, 2014, 8:06 PM

explain?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

Nice try coot***

Jan 15, 2014, 8:08 PM

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

T-net...the new Salem, Massachusetts...WITCH...WIIIITCH***

Jan 15, 2014, 8:37 PM

The Esso!

Jan 15, 2014, 8:14 PM

Jeez CUGradFan06 talk about being a ####. Welcome Card! As far as spots you need to try, the Esso Club is historical and even as an opposing fan your welcome there....unless your a coot. Enjoy Tigertown when you get the chance, there's nothin like it!!

Re: The Esso!

Jan 15, 2014, 8:15 PM

What is a coot?

A Coot is a SC Gamec*ock..and we are Taters (farmers)......

Jan 15, 2014, 8:26 PM

And, the Esso Club is Brett Musberger's most favorite watering hole on Earth (remember he's the guy who said Clemson's entry down the Hill is "the most exciting 25 seconds in college football").

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: A Coot is a SC Gamec*ock..and we are Taters (farmers)......

Jan 15, 2014, 8:30 PM

Well you learn something new every day, lol. Coots and farmers - got it. I am assuming the SC/Clemson rivalry is similar to the one we have with those cheating f*cks in Lexington?

Hey Train..was really wanting 2 see QB Teddy. Dang, went 4 $

Jan 15, 2014, 8:36 PM

Glad Vic Beasly didn't go for the money..like CJ Spiller didn't either..since both wanted a ring/diploma first.

So, who will be your QB..and what year is he, talent level compared to TB, etc.

What say you?!

Re: Hey Train..was really wanting 2 see QB Teddy. Dang, went 4 $

Jan 15, 2014, 8:45 PM

Yeah, we're going to miss Teddy. Not just the football player, but the young man because he is a special one. He graduated in 2 1/2 years, by sticking around Louisville for summer sessions, so he's prepared for life now. We wish him the best and know he'll make us proud.

As for our next QB? Really up in the air, because of the coaching change we just experienced. If Strong would have stayed, it would be Will Gardner who will be a redshirt Sophomore this season. Former 4* who's got nice size (6'-3" 230lb) and good arm strength. We didn't get to see much of him this year, but he performed well in the limited time he got. With Petrino, it will be a wide open competition between Gardner, Kyle Bolin (4* Redshirt FR), Brett Nelson (JC Transfer), and Reggie Bonnafon (4* true FR).

I think Gardner will win out. Petrino runs a pro-style offense, and Gardner is the best fit for it, IMO. I think he will do fine, but he's no Teddy (not many are though).

Re: Hey Train..was really wanting 2 see QB Teddy. Dang, went 4 $

Jan 15, 2014, 8:49 PM [ in reply to Hey Train..was really wanting 2 see QB Teddy. Dang, went 4 $ ]

I'm beginning to rethink my visit now, lol. The Clemson folks that visit our Scout Board have been great, but the reception here has been more luke warm than I expected :)

Just trying to get some info guys. Didn't mean to cause any issues. Have fun.

Re: A Coot is a SC Gamec*ock..and we are Taters (farmers)......

Jan 15, 2014, 8:42 PM [ in reply to Re: A Coot is a SC Gamec*ock..and we are Taters (farmers)...... ]

Its bad, real bad between us right now, coots have the mouth of Bama but the trophy case of Vandy...

LOL... what is a coot...***

Jan 16, 2014, 7:44 AM [ in reply to Re: The Esso! ]

Hey Train

Jan 15, 2014, 8:50 PM

I go to school up in Pikeville, KY. From CA but my dad played and was a GA at Clemson. I've had a chance to be around the UL UK rivalry living here. Yeah the bball rivalry is very good between schools but the Clemson Usuck rivalry makes Louisville and Uk look like almost nothing especially in football. So much more fire and hate between schools. Nothing against your rivalry at all tho!! And until UK gets a decent football program it will always be well above it!!! But hey I root for Louisville over Uk cause so many people here say Uk basketball is gods gift to earth and I love seeing them crawl back up into their "hollers" lol

Re: Hey Train

Jan 15, 2014, 8:56 PM

Yeah, I hate all things UK. I would root for Al Queda before I root for the Wildcats. And them hiring Calipari just took it up a notch around here.

Re: Re: Hey Train

Jan 15, 2014, 9:01 PM

I tell ya what, the UK fans took over the personality traits of Calipari, bunch of hard ### idiots who talk all the smack in the world. You say a word to them and they reply "Wait till basketball season!!" I'm sure you know what I said to all of them today, "sooo how about Arkansas???" Oh goodness they were getting butt hurt! I love it!

Re: Re: Hey Train

Jan 15, 2014, 9:06 PM

The 40-0 talk that we had to endure the entire summer was ridiculous. That's the problem with living here in Louisville...1/2 the city is UK fans, so we work with these idiots, go to the same restaurants, have family members that are UK fans, etc. Every time they have lost a basketball game this year, I start sending mass texts out. The first one was 39-1? The second was 38-2? The next one was 37-3? Last night it was 36-4? I just laugh at those dumbf**ks.

Can't wait to start the rivalry with Louis

Jan 15, 2014, 8:55 PM

Have only seen your stadium from the outside but it looks really nice. Clemson is one of the nicest places you'll ever visit. Don't let the Internet fool you. You will look foward coming there every other year.

Hotels in Clemson are over priced

Jan 15, 2014, 9:21 PM

And not very nice. Also the restuarants are limited. Stay in Easley or Greenville. I would recommend downtown greenville if you are staying a few days. Plenty of shopping and night life.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

Re: Hotels in Clemson are over priced

Jan 15, 2014, 10:32 PM

That's the kind of info I was looking for MackDaddy. Thanks for the response! Greatly appreciated.

Re: Hotels in Clemson are over priced

Jan 16, 2014, 6:48 AM

Stay in clemson and enjoy the town. There is nothing in Easley. Greenville too far away to experience clemson. Plenty of local restaurants in clemson and several hotel chains.

Re: UofL fan looking forward to visiting Death Valley!

Jan 15, 2014, 10:46 PM

Stay 1 hour to the north in the mountains of North Carolina. Either Highlands or Cashiers are wonderful villages and Highlands has 5 of the best restaurants in western NC.

Go to smokin pig. A must***

Jan 15, 2014, 10:47 PM

Jan 15, 2014, 10:48 PM

I married a Card so I am really looking forward to you guys joining the league. We went to a UL Basketball game this Thanksgiving at the Yum Center. That is one amazing facility.

null

Jan 15, 2014, 11:11 PM

Thank you for the kind words, and congrats on marrying one of the good one's! Yeah, we are certainly proud of The Yum Center. Great sight lines to watch a game as well, and plenty to do. Hell, I think there's like 3 restaurants and 6 bars in there, lol.

Jan 15, 2014, 11:10 PM

Welcome to the Clemson board. I would venture the vast majority of Clemson fans are happy to have you in the ACC, especially in place of Maryland.

You probably don't want to stay in Clemson, the hotels are overpriced and make you stay a couple of nights to get a reservation. Stay in Easley or Greenville and drive in on the morning of the game. You probably want to think about booking pretty early.

You are probably going to want to buy a parking pass. Public parking will leave you walking a few miles to get to the stadium, and if you aren't familiar with the area you could have a difficult time finding the shortest route to the stadium.

If you stay in Greenville, check out Barley's Taproom for dinner if you like pizza and craft beer. If that isn't your thing there are tons of restaurants downtown. In Clemson you should check out the Esso Club if you get the chance. A lot of people like to eat at the Smoking Pig, but it isn't all that close to the stadium. If you are a pretty outgoing person, you can probably get in on someone's tailgate. Clemson fans are known for showing good hospitality to opposing fanbases (except for South Carolina fans, of course).

Anyways, welcome to the ACC. I hope you make it down to Death Valley sometime.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 15, 2014, 11:15 PM

Thanks Summey, that is very helpful info. I'm going to check out the NC cities in NC that were mentioned, and also Greenville. We're definitely into local establishments, so we'll check out Barley's Taproom if we stay in Greenville. Really looking forward to the trip. I hope that I can get in on someone's tailgate...otherwise, my wife and I will be staring at one another for 4 hours before game time, lol.

Welcome!

Jan 15, 2014, 11:25 PM

You'll most definitely be welcomed at any tailgate in Clemson. Ignore the coots on here who pose as Clemson fans because they have nothing better to do. You can tell who they are by their low "Tiger Pulses".

We're really looking forward to having you guys

Jan 16, 2014, 7:50 AM

Been looking to up our strength of schedule in the ACC for a while now, and most of our fans were proud of the cards after it was announced y'all were coming to the ACC, then went on to embarrass Florida in the BCS.

Eff off cardy!

Jan 16, 2014, 8:02 AM

Just kidding lol. Would of loved to seen a bridegewater vs beasley matchup in dv. The seen in DV is awesome. Hope u enjoy your time. As far as a place to stay, I would recommend university inn. Its an ok hotel but its within walking distance to the stadium so you won't have to worry about driving in the gameday traffic. Plus you get to walk right through downtown so it will make your clemson experience even better! Have a great time in DV!

Replies: 45
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic