Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I do hope that CBS Sports or Fox Sports tries to compete
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 3
| visibility 644

I do hope that CBS Sports or Fox Sports tries to compete

Feb 6, 2013, 5:21 PM

With ESPN by forming some sort of conference alignments (maybe FSN could do a joint ACC/Big12 deal)

I'm not making excuses, and I think this is a good class, but I do believe that the constant ESPN hype machine influenced some of these kids this year.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

In other news Water is wet***

Feb 6, 2013, 5:23 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Unfortunately, before we can fully maximize our value as a

Feb 6, 2013, 5:32 PM

football program (both financially through TV contracts and through intangible brand-recognition), we will first need to dissociate ourselves from revenue-sucking parasites like Wake Forest and Boston College, and yankee basketball-centric schools like Duke, Syracuse, and Pitt. Time after time we've heard rumors of UVA, GT, and UMD to the B1G (UMD turned out to be true), VT, UNC, and NC State to the SEC, and Clemson & FSU to the Big 12. How is it that these schools have significant value to these other conferences, but the ACC is having trouble staying together?

The answer is the disparate interests of the ACC's member schools. There are too many schools pulling in different directions, and I for one hope the ones that are serious about big boy football will split off from the 5 or 6 that are holding us back.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Unfortunately, before we can fully maximize our value as a

Feb 6, 2013, 5:37 PM

What Clemson, FSU, Miami, GT, VT need to do is demand that they will NOT do total revenue sharing. It is time that the other schools pull their own weight....

When a team goes to a bowl game, let that team keep at LEAST 50% of that payout and then divide the other 50% between the other schools.

It is crazy that WF, Duke, Virgina, BC, and others share equal amounts from being in the BCS.... let those teams get better and generate their own money.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 3
| visibility 644
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic