Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Unfortunately, UVA has a real band now. Remember the pep band?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1

Unfortunately, UVA has a real band now. Remember the pep band?

Nov 29, 2019, 8:30 PM

Those guys were pretty funny. Had the painted up Tubas and would just screw with the opposing fanbase.

Today's sensitive world probably couldn't handle it. The libs at UVA surely couldn't handle it.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Back during our probation days in the 80's

Nov 29, 2019, 8:47 PM

we had a player who supposedly received a car. I'm thinking it was Homer. So they closed a halftime up there by forming a car, playing Tiger Rag, and marching off the field. It was funny, lol.

Them and the Stanford band were by far the most "daring" out there

Re: Back during our probation days in the 80's

Nov 29, 2019, 9:20 PM

Standford was the craziest. I was in Tiger Band from 86-90. In the 86 Gator Bowl, we did the parade the night before the game in Jacksonville. While hanging out with their band, one trumpet player came up to us to start chatting, and I was shocked when I noticed the very large pet rat on her shoulder. No kidding. I couldn't say a word. Stanford was crazier. We actually liked the UVa pep band as they always had a blast.

Penn State was the worst. Sat the entire game in citrus bowl like they had boards up their backside. So stiff. Could not be a part of their band. We had fun in Tiger Band.

In 90 at FSU, the band started chanting FSU,. Ohhh and twoooo. By end of game, we we louder than their fans. Headlines in Tallahassee sentinel was just that. FSU...OHHHH and TWOOO. Was freaking awesome. Had an old lady outside their stadium complain to us, why did you make fun of our cheer. We just laughed.

Went to 2014 Oregon/Stanford game at Autzen

Nov 29, 2019, 10:01 PM

Stanford band was hanging out getting ready to enter stadium. Struck up conversation with one of their sousaphone players who was a chemical engineering major dressed like Ronald McDonald with a cardinal red Stanford blazer. I asked him why Ronald McDonald and he said, "my name is Ron McDonald" and I gave him a pull from my Wild Turkey 101 flask I had and he fist bumped me. Their band is funnier than hell.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That band once marched at a water polo match..in the water..

Nov 29, 2019, 10:44 PM

with instruments

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Unfortunately, UVA has a real band now. Remember the pep band?

Nov 29, 2019, 11:02 PM

I remember one time in the 80's when the visiting band always sat in the north stands the Uva band sat by mistake in the student section on south side before the game. Strange I remember that but I do. They had to move across the field when students filed in.

The UVA pep band always made fun of SCAR in their halftime shows at DV for our entertainment. Funny stuff.

Replies: 5
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic