Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Unfortunately, I know where this whole Zion thing...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 57
| visibility 1

Unfortunately, I know where this whole Zion thing...

May 11, 2020, 1:13 PM

is headed, and there's only one way for Clemson to come out of this unscathed. Drad must fire CBB. I DO NOT LIKE THIS IDEA ANY MORE THAN YOU. I love CBB, and everything he's done for the Tigers, but if we release him now...

1) We wash our hands completely of the entire Zion/Smith/FBI wiretap fiasco.
2) We appease 85-90% of the fan base who are already calling for his ouster because of his low winning percentage, many of which are big time boosters. And this time we can do it with cause, which will save the athletic department a ton of much needed money, given the financial burden COVID19 has put on the university.
3) We won't hurt CBB's future opportunities. Any potential employer can simply call Drad on a burner phone, and Drad can tell them privately that CBB is a good coach, we were all just in a bad situation, and they should hire him.
4) We'll gain the reputation of running a no nonsense program, which will help us attract a Roy Williams or Coach K level head coach.
5) We send a strong message to the football coaching staff that the Clemson Athletic Dept. has their backs.

Listen, I think CBB has done a terrific job here, and should get as much time as he needs, but I also think this arrangement is one that all parties can walk away happy with. It's a rare "Win/Win".

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

It's clear you've given this a lot of thought, but

May 11, 2020, 1:18 PM

it's also clear that you are 100% right. We already know CBB's program is not clean. So instead of getting pulled further into the mud when Zion goes under oath, it makes sense to just be proactive and let him go.

Message was edited by: GWPTiger®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

It's just business.***

May 11, 2020, 1:19 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Re: It's just business.***

May 11, 2020, 1:36 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

LOL..."when Zion goes under oath"...lol***

May 11, 2020, 1:22 PM [ in reply to It's clear you've given this a lot of thought, but ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Yes, thank you for repeating what I said.

May 11, 2020, 1:25 PM

Good to see your copy/paste skills are still on point.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Often times, it's difficult to tell...

May 11, 2020, 5:15 PM

if you being obtuse or if it's a deliberate attempt to seem imperceptive.

You do realize that even in the highly unlikely event this lawsuit moves forward to an actual trial (which would be years down the road), the 5th amendment right against self-incrimination precludes Zion from having to testify against himself.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There’s a lot about your post that is incorrect.

May 11, 2020, 6:55 PM

But I love when someone starts with “You do realize...” and then proceeds to give me some incoherent drivel.

I have had the unfortunate experience of reading hundreds upon hundreds of 5th Amendment cases and judicial opinions. I’ve practiced criminal law (before coming to my senses because it was miserable) and have used 5th Amendment arguments for clients. I have also participated in civil cases that never went to trial, but had that whole discovery phase thingy with depositions. Depositions that are...say it with me here...under oath.

Ok that was fun. Any other Constitutional Law lessons you’d like to teach?

If you're a REAL lawyer,

May 11, 2020, 7:04 PM

you'll send biggie a bill for that.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

For $2 I could make you a minister or a lawyer, some guys

May 11, 2020, 7:14 PM

steal your money, but these guys steal your heart.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzDy3byWrQY

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Could you please discuss FrancisMarion and her right to bare arms?

May 11, 2020, 7:18 PM [ in reply to There’s a lot about your post that is incorrect. ]

I can’t even . . .

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's good reason I don't know dafugg that is...***

May 11, 2020, 7:21 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Trucker Arms"?

May 12, 2020, 12:52 PM

Means nothing to me, don't know, don't wanna...***

May 12, 2020, 1:08 PM

Based on your wealth of experience...

May 12, 2020, 11:21 AM [ in reply to There’s a lot about your post that is incorrect. ]

I am sure you also know that during those depositions "under oath" there is nothing to prevent him from simply saying, "I don't recall" or "I refuse to answer on the basis that it might incriminate me".

The privilege against self-incrimination enables a defendant to refuse to testify at trial or not to answer official questions put to him in any other proceeding where the answers might incriminate him in future proceedings.

There is a very good reason why Zion's mother and stepfather were so adamant about him turning pro rather than staying in school and getting an education which was his preference. Doing that would have ruined their payday, or at least prolonged it.

Did Zion's mother and step-father request and accept money from the Agent and Nike or Adidas, and did Zion and Duke know about it? Absolutely they did, which is why there is NO WAY IN HADES this case ever sees the inside of a courtroom and there is no way Zion will ever say anything that will incriminate his mother, step-father or himself.

You are incorrect again. In civil procedure there are

May 12, 2020, 12:51 PM

means to prevent him from simply saying "I don't recall" or "I refuse to answer on the basis that it might incriminate me."

Can't believe you think you know more about law than Biggie

May 12, 2020, 12:52 PM

just lol

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

The right has been found applicable...

May 12, 2020, 12:58 PM [ in reply to You are incorrect again. In civil procedure there are ]

to civil actions as well.

Persons do not have to testify, answer interrogatories or produce documents about matters potentially incriminating to them.

We can argue about it all day or simply agree to disagree.

I'm bored. So I vote that you two keep arguing.

May 12, 2020, 1:03 PM

I'm with you, no homers.***

May 12, 2020, 1:07 PM

I'm still undecided on who's winning.***

May 12, 2020, 1:18 PM [ in reply to I'm bored. So I vote that you two keep arguing. ]

Is the decision maker home & could you put her online?***

May 12, 2020, 1:26 PM

Yes, the right is applicable to civil actions to prevent

May 12, 2020, 1:23 PM [ in reply to The right has been found applicable... ]

someone from incriminating themselves in a criminal action. But I could think of plenty of circumstances where Zion could be forced to answer during the discovery phase of a civil suit if he tried to plead the 5th.

It's not agreeing to disagree, it's agreeing that I am correct.

Don't get me wrong...

May 12, 2020, 2:24 PM

I hope he is forced to answer because I think everyone involved is dirty as a rat in a NY sewer.

Don’t throw in the towel now...

May 12, 2020, 2:31 PM

I had you up on points.

I had these exact same thoughts but then my white matter stepped in

May 11, 2020, 1:31 PM

And prevented me from posting. I bet you have a lot more fun, you know, in the absence of white matter.

Re: I had these exact same thoughts but then my white matter stepped in

May 11, 2020, 4:45 PM

White? Did you bleach your brain?

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

It's all about color with you, isn't it ? ? ?***

May 12, 2020, 11:25 AM [ in reply to I had these exact same thoughts but then my white matter stepped in ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

7 years is a long time for Coach Brownell to work daily...

May 11, 2020, 1:47 PM

with an assistant & not recognize some things. Perhaps it also falls on DRad for allowing Brad to become too comfortable in his job security?

Radakovich said he was troubled by reports that Smith felt he had to pretend he didn’t know the way to Williamson’s house in Spartanburg the first time he accompanied Brownell to the home.

“I finally take my boss over there to do an (expletive) in-home so I’ve got (to act) like I’ve never been there,” Smith said on the wiretap.

“That’s a problem,” Radakovich said. “It’s a problem especially if you are in an employee/supervisor relationship, you would think all those things are a little more transparent than that. So again, that is something we will look into.”

https://www.postandcourier.com/sports/clemson-fires-steve-smith-the-basketball-coach-who-tarnished-football/article_dd2ff182-6db2-11e9-9859-bbc094cb717f.html

In a time of distancing, perhaps it's best Clemson catches the crest of the wave as you suggest?

Gene doing all he can to disparage Clemson with that

May 11, 2020, 2:53 PM

wordsmithing in the article title.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Which is exactly what Gene does.***

May 12, 2020, 12:36 PM

Re: Unfortunately, I know where this whole Zion thing...

May 11, 2020, 1:48 PM

Don't encourage her.***

May 11, 2020, 2:47 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

The Judge be like...

May 11, 2020, 1:48 PM

~JKB

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The Judge be like...

May 11, 2020, 2:01 PM

May 11, 2020, 2:04 PM

May 11, 2020, 2:13 PM [ in reply to Re: The Judge be like... ]

May 11, 2020, 2:25 PM [ in reply to Re: The Judge be like... ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 11, 2020, 2:36 PM

Couple of hot ladies right there***

May 11, 2020, 2:42 PM

Re: Couple of hot ladies right there***

May 11, 2020, 2:44 PM

icc

Re: Couple of hot ladies right there***

May 11, 2020, 2:48 PM [ in reply to Couple of hot ladies right there*** ]

perfect height?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes, he likes them tall I understand***

May 11, 2020, 3:13 PM

Ever since Dorothy left, Oz has gone to he!!***

May 11, 2020, 2:55 PM [ in reply to Re: The Judge be like... ]

May 11, 2020, 3:36 PM [ in reply to Re: The Judge be like... ]

And then someone took it too far. Lol

It’s hard to have serious basketball discussion on...

May 11, 2020, 3:38 PM

this board anymore. Sigh.

What do you get when you guzzle down sweets?

May 11, 2020, 4:13 PM [ in reply to Re: The Judge be like... ]

eating as much as an elephant eats?

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hey! Greta has a do like Ben Stiller in that other picture!***

May 11, 2020, 2:48 PM [ in reply to Re: The Judge be like... ]

This hurts me more than it hurts...

May 11, 2020, 2:16 PM [ in reply to The Judge be like... ]

him.

Trust me.

Have you been Coronized?***

May 11, 2020, 2:44 PM

Re: Have you been Coronized?***

May 11, 2020, 2:46 PM

if that means brain fried, then yes.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Anyone TDing this clearly is incapable of making the tough..

May 11, 2020, 4:49 PM

business decisions required of folks like Drad and myself. Luckily, you are not in a position of power where tough decisions like this have to be made every day.

Heavy is the head...

May 11, 2020, 4:55 PM

One question, why do you want Drad to lie to potential employers about Brownell?

question...???

May 11, 2020, 5:20 PM

when suggesting cbb shood get as much time as he needs - what kind of time frame were we talking about?? i say “were” because i do believe op has points and it will play out this way. however, i do wish him well. was just a reel nice guy.

fyi, infinity wood not be an expected proper response.

tia

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Sadly, it really doesn’t matter at this point.***

May 11, 2020, 5:43 PM

LOL! As to your point #4, we have already had a Head Coach

May 11, 2020, 7:05 PM

along those same lines. His name was Tates Locke.

I knew two things when all his great players suddenly showed up my sophomore year.

1) It was going to be a GREAT time to attend Clemson basketball games, we were going to be good.

2) I knew probation was just around the corner, with Tree Rollins openly flaunting his brand new bright (and I do mean bright) Orange Monte Carlo all over campus. :)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 11, 2020, 7:52 PM

There is no way CBB achieves the amazing results he has without cheating. No way. No how. Guys like Jemison don't grow on trees.

Are you o.k., FM, I'm worried about you.

May 11, 2020, 9:19 PM

You just made an intelligent, well-written, serious, clear, and correct post.

Should we be worried?

Replies: 57
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic