Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
UnderArmour game Update
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1,595

UnderArmour game Update

Jan 5, 2013, 10:51 AM

Went to St. Pete yesterday for the UA game with my son. I live about 20 min away. Very sparse crowd and the Trop isn't a great venue for any sport especially football.

However...as we both had our Orange with Paws on I was amazed at the number of people who stopped us, high fived us, yelled "CLEMSON", "Go Tigers" and my favorite "What up Dabo".

I have lived in Florida for over 20 years and have always garnered a stare or two with my Clemson gear on..but last night was evidence our brand is growing. When Ebenzer announced the crowd roared. A middle aged black gentleman (who looked like he probably played DT once in his life) leaned over to me and my son and said..."Ya'll got a great one there. Good player. Good Kid. Good student. Just like all ya'lls boys"

My favorite part of the night was when a little youngster(about 10) eating cotton candy ran up to me in the concourse and said "Do you coach at Clemson?" I said "yes I do son." He said " I love the Tigers. Especially Sammy, Nuk and Tahj."

I said "they love you too son..but they don"t eat cotton candy!"

He gave the rest of the pink fluff to his friend!!

The whole world is watching us now. I can assure no one I spoke to last night ever sat foot on our campus! But they sure love our boys, our fans, and Dabo!

Go Tigers!!

PS..if I had been a scout and didn't know a thing about a single player on either roster my "must have's" would have been Ben Boulware and Alvin Kamara. Both clearly sotod out in person

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: UnderArmour game Update

Jan 5, 2013, 10:53 AM

thought Vernon hargreaves was far and away the MVP of the game, But without a doubt, Boulware is that Throw back player that brings it on every play. He just does not seem content unless he is taking someone's head off. The kid is going to be a good one.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Herm Edwards disagrees, but what would he know.***

Jan 5, 2013, 10:56 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What did Herm say?***

Jan 5, 2013, 12:04 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Hello? You play to win the game".

Jan 5, 2013, 12:05 PM

The dude is an ### clown. He grinds my nerves.

He said Boulware was the best player he saw all week.***

Jan 5, 2013, 12:09 PM [ in reply to What did Herm say?*** ]

Re: Herm Edwards disagrees, but what would he know.***

Jan 5, 2013, 12:06 PM [ in reply to Herm Edwards disagrees, but what would he know.*** ]

He didn't say Boulware was the MVP, unless I missed something. Just that he doesn't get enough credit.

Jan 5, 2013, 10:54 AM

wow never heard of a guy who "sotod"out. :)

couldnt resist though I'm king of fat finger typos

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 5, 2013, 10:55 AM

I think all the games against FSU and all the recruits we get from Florida have given us a lot of exposure in the Sunshine state. It is good that people are starting to take notice and pull for our tigers.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

All I took from this...

Jan 5, 2013, 11:38 AM

is you lied to a kid and guilted him into giving up his cotton candy.

:)

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Excuse me? I don't go down to your work and tell you how to flip the burger!"

very nice. Thanks for the story!***

Jan 5, 2013, 11:40 AM

Thx much for your observations, support & repping Clemson!

Jan 5, 2013, 11:52 AM

GoTiGERs..congrats for standing up & FIGHTING Clemson Men!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 11
| visibility 1,595
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic