Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
So what's the rule about early signees getting out of their LOI due to a coaching change?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 1,146

So what's the rule about early signees getting out of their LOI due to a coaching change?

Dec 17, 2019, 11:38 AM

Hypothetically, if a team gets a new head coach after the early signing period, do early signees have the option to get out of their LOI? Is it only if the team lets them out? What about position coaching changes? Do transfer portal rules apply to players before their freshman year?

I know that's a lot of questions, but can any one shed some light on them for me? TIA.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I believe the LOI is with the school and they have the

Dec 17, 2019, 11:42 AM

option to let the player out of the commitment or not.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Under certain circumstances...

Dec 17, 2019, 12:21 PM

a NLOI can be declared null and void (an illness, family issues, or financial hardship). A coaching change is not considered an extenuating circumstance.

The NLOI is a binding agreement between a prospective student-athlete and the member institution. Therefore, when a coaching change takes place, the prospective student-athlete is still bound by the NLOI agreement signed with the school.

Therefore, unless the school agrees to release a particular player, the player would have to go through an appeals process to be released and sign with a different school.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

In most cases the school will release if the player so

Dec 17, 2019, 12:35 PM

chooses in the event of a coach change. Who the coach is has a huge bearing on a player choosing a given program. I can't ever remember a player being held to the letter of the contract in that situation.

I should probably add I'm referring to head coaching

Dec 17, 2019, 12:37 PM

changes. A position coach leaving for whatever reason would be a little more sketchy, I would think.

Replies: 4
| visibility 1,146
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic