Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Interesting experience at the post office a few minutes ago
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1

Interesting experience at the post office a few minutes ago

Jul 31, 2020, 1:47 PM

I've been waiting for a package shipped via USPS to get to my house since Tuesday; its been in CHS since Monday morning.

When the mail came and went today with no package, I drove over to the post office to see if I could get it myself. I waited in line with everyone else, and the woman who was at the window that I eventually was placed at couldn't get off her phone to even look me in the face.

She was leaning over texting, staring at her phone the entire time I was talking to her. She asked what I needed, and I told her I was trying to track a package that had been in CHS since Monday.

"Monday!?"

"Yes, that's what the tracking number on the USPS website says"

(Still leaning over, texting)"whats the tracking number and your address"

So I begin to tell her, and she slings a pen and piece of paper at me and tells me to write it on that, then she's back to texting.

I write down the tracking number and my address, and she goes out the back door, and comes back in 6 minutes (yes, I timed her), as I'm just sitting there..watching the wall in the pack of the post office.

She comes back and says (STILL texting, never looks at me BTW) that the package "might get there tomorrow...or Monday. Tuesday at the latest".

I said "Well its been in Charleston since LAST Monday"

She goes on to explain "The postmaster has slowed everything down. You know, YOUR BOY did it"

I replied "MY BOY? What are you talking about!?"

"Uh..I mean Trump, Trump's boy slowed everything down on purpose. You don't watch the news? It's all over the news" then before I could say another word, she looks past me in line and says "Next!"

WT actual EFF? I now know exactly nothing more than I did before, except that presumably because I'm white, Trump is MY BOY.

The post office needs to be defunded.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I hope she personally handles the ballots...

Jul 31, 2020, 1:54 PM

unfortunately, this is not an unusual USPS experience.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've never been outrightly had racist remarks thrown at me

Jul 31, 2020, 1:57 PM

in the Post Office. Today was a new low, even for them.

Um, I think you and your white privilege can handle it

Jul 31, 2020, 2:29 PM

Was she a minority? If so, your presence and constantly nagging her about some stupid package (probably a klan hood) like she works for you is blatant racism...like you’re trying to dominate or rule over her or something. She owes you nothing. Or maybe you’re a sexist pig who just likes to talk down to women and that’s how you get your Johnny’s off. Either way, I hope you get what you deserve and your package is floating down the Savannah as we speak.

Am I doin’ it right ??

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“ Was she a minority? ” LOL.***

Jul 31, 2020, 4:19 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

USPS doesn’t need any help from Trump to be bad

Jul 31, 2020, 1:56 PM

Newman?

Jul 31, 2020, 1:59 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17S0TOfaw3E

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Last year I was supposed to receive a package

Jul 31, 2020, 2:02 PM [ in reply to USPS doesn’t need any help from Trump to be bad ]

that had a tracking number. I never received it, but the USPS website said it was delivered. I started an investigation with the USPS and they said that the GPS in the postal carriers car was in the "general vicinity" of my house when it was said to be delivered, and that's all they could do about it. The shipper said they shipped it, the post office said they delivered it, so it was basically my problem. I was out the $20 the part cost.

I ordered another one and received it a few days later.

About 4 weeks after that, my neighbor 3 doors down who has mental problems said she found "this box" in her mailbox, and forgot to put it back out in the mailbox, and asked if it was mine. Sure enough, it was the package I had been expecting.

The USPS sucks.

No excuse whatsoever for that behavior. None.

Jul 31, 2020, 2:11 PM

Unfortunately there will be many more frustrated people trying to figure out how to get their packages as they get stuck more and more in postal centers due to Trump's new appointee and the slowdowns he's implemented with the system, to save money of course, during a Pandemic and in an election year.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

that guy needs to get in the mailroom sorting that mail...

Jul 31, 2020, 2:32 PM

strange that this has been going on for years...yet, we got us a Trump action to blame on it.

High five!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ugh, Bojangles service has just gotten so bad since Trump

Jul 31, 2020, 2:36 PM

was elected, it's so ridiculous. I've also had more marker poops during his administration than I ever had under President Obama or Bush. It's stuff like this that just makes me so angry people still support him.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not saying USPS has been perfect. Far from it.

Jul 31, 2020, 3:55 PM [ in reply to that guy needs to get in the mailroom sorting that mail... ]

But it is getting worse now and will continue to worsen in the weeks and months ahead to help turn people against it and further question trust.

Bank on it.

And btw, he won't.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So I did a little reading on this from both sides...

Jul 31, 2020, 6:55 PM

Not being snarky here...trying to find a quote from the post master general to slow things down. I read lots of stuff from postal workers union on it.

So it does seem Trump would like the postal service privatized. Which on face value doesn’t seem like a bad thing. The stickiness there is whether that is constitutional. I’m no expert, but it seems like the Constitution gives Congress power over post offices, but I’m not sure that it says they must take that power.

I understand lowering financial support from the government does not help them do their job....but then you get unions involved and that can be a problem.

The post office has been a wreck for decades. Part of it is management and part of it is competition from private carriers and the internet. I’m not sure continuing to throw money at the problem is working. It’s the same issue we have with publicly funded education. We keep spending more with fewer results.

Re: Interesting experience at the post office a few minutes ago

Jul 31, 2020, 2:34 PM

glad they are not in charge of your bypass surgery

next!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The USPS is defunded.

Jul 31, 2020, 3:58 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IoL8g0W9gAQ

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

Jul 31, 2020, 7:13 PM

I had a fun experience where I had an international package, about $40 to ship.. It required my signature so I had to go down to the post office. Well they could not find it, they looked everywhere for what seemed to like ten minutes and could not find my package. Right as I was about to give up up, there was a little wooden Bin with lettered slots right on the front frigging counter. The slot with the letter of my last name had an international envelope in it. I said, "isn't that it right there?", turns out it was.

It can be head slapping there at times. But it is not something you want to dismantle, it provides this country with necessary infrastructure and services that competing private sector delivery services can not replicate.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The USPS is a dinosaur...it's

Jul 31, 2020, 7:26 PM

Day has come and long, long gone. There's no doubt that, back in the day, folks debated dismantling the Pony Express, but...it happened. Sayonara stamps...and lousy service.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I figured your international packages came by

Jul 31, 2020, 7:32 PM [ in reply to Re: Interesting experience at the post office a few minutes ago ]

Aug 1, 2020, 4:06 AM

Bought a condo in Myrtle Beach, Ten Years Ago, was getting mail in my box from the 3 previous owners... tried “return to sender-not at this address”, KEPT COMING... took mail to P.O. and asked them to stop delivery, KEPT COMING... spoke to route delivery lady who told me to put a note in my box to only leave mail for current owner (me) with my name on the note - - - did it, KEPT COMING.
I still get their mail from time to time but now I just THROW IT IN THE TRASH!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I work in the fraud area for a bank.

Aug 1, 2020, 10:05 AM

You NEVER want USPS to get involved in voting, based on my experience with mail theft rings. Nor DHL.

The are still faster than Fed Ex. though. Worst delivery of them all.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

Replies: 19
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic