Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
USF and Jeff Scott
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1

USF and Jeff Scott

Oct 23, 2020, 9:04 PM

Wonder if he is having as much fun tonite as he would be having tomorrow with the Tigers.....if money doesn’t matter how much fun is his new job? By the way they just fumbled on the six yard line....

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: USF and Jeff Scott

Oct 23, 2020, 9:09 PM

Wonder if he is having as much fun tonite as he would be having tomorrow with the Tigers.....if money doesn’t matter how much fun is his new job? By the way they just fumbled on the six yard line....

He's probably having second thoughts.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 23, 2020, 9:10 PM

It's his 1st season!

What Clemson has now was not made in "one season"! It took time to get the right pieces in place. And to get the mindset for "everyone" in the program. From S.S & C coaches, to nutritionist, to team trainers, etc. Coaches! Everybody involved has to buy in and you will see S. Florida get better and compete for AAC championships!

I guarantee it!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 23, 2020, 10:01 PM

USF is not Clemson. It's semi thug U sandwiched between two major thug U's.

Oct 23, 2020, 9:13 PM

He has been around football all his life. This is what he wants. Should it ever not work out long term I'm sure Clemson would take him back in a minute.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 23, 2020, 9:20 PM

74TIGER said:

He has been around football all his life. This is what he wants. Should it ever not work out long term I'm sure Clemson would take him back in a minute.

I agree with that! Only problem is: he will be very successful at USF once he gets the culture set. Once he gets a bunch of things in place that give your program an edge - but it can't be quantified! You can't put a value on the things he is missing now! Over time - he will get those things and "he will win"!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 23, 2020, 10:21 PM

The USF football program was doing very well until Charlie Strong crashed it headfirst into the ground.

If Jeff Scott is legit head coach material, I don't think it will take long to right the ship. There's a reason Dabo told him to take the job.

Gotta give him a pass this year even though I didn't think they would be this pathetic.

Oct 23, 2020, 10:27 PM

They sent the starting safety in for showing his tail on the sideline when the coaches tried to talk to him. Jeff is good but it will take a while to get his culture there. I dont know what happened with Strong. Used to think he was aa good DC but his HC situations seemed to go south quickly

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 23, 2020, 10:38 PM

This isn't FSU with the years of fermentation under Jimbo. USF shouldn't be that hard. We're talking about turning around a speedboat, not a yacht.

I can understand culture issues now but that junk can't be happening near the end of the season and there shouldn't be a sniff of it next year.

Assuming he can recruit (which we all know he can), I think they will take off like a rocket ship when he gets a QB.

Oct 23, 2020, 11:58 PM [ in reply to Re: USF and Jeff Scott ]

Strong "crashed teams" because he purged the things. He would be a great head coach in the right place. In both South Fla and Texas, he walked into programs where the inmates had been running the asylum for many years.

Oct 24, 2020, 12:14 AM

Charlie Strong arrived to a winning program in Tampa. After 3 years, the place was in ruins.

Years earlier in Austin, he inherited a smoldering mess from "good guy" Mack Brown that most people outside of Texas aren't aware of. This is one of the reasons why I don't hold Mack in high regard. Nevertheless, Strong was in way over his head and failed spectacularly.

Most of the time head coaches are fired from underachieving programs, they leave behind a good amount of dysfunction. This doesn't give the incoming coach an excuse for complete and utter failure. UT waited 2-3 years too long to force Mack out and they whiffed the hiring process. It was an embarrassing circus that led to them hiring a guy like Strong.

Oct 24, 2020, 6:01 AM

I think he will need 3 to 4 years.

Replies: 11
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic