Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
USAA Sent Me a Note Today Saying They Are Discounting My
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 1

USAA Sent Me a Note Today Saying They Are Discounting My

Apr 9, 2020, 8:41 PM

Auto insurance 20% for 2 months due to COVID. Logic is it's a reward for sheltering and not driving as much. Pretty cool move.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: USAA Sent Me a Note Today Saying They Are Discounting My

Apr 9, 2020, 8:45 PM

USAA. Them’s good people.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Apr 9, 2020, 9:11 PM

Their insurance is top notch. I’d stay away from their mortgage dept.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ya, I shopped mortgages two weeks ago

Apr 9, 2020, 9:51 PM

USAA was 0.25% higher rate, similar fees. They have my money. They know me. I would prefer to do business with them. I don't get it.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Ya, I shopped mortgages two weeks ago

Apr 9, 2020, 10:00 PM

Yeah, and while they’re far from the only ones to do it they will sell it immediately to some POS. To be fair I have had no banking dealings with them in 4 years so maybe they turned over a new leaf.

Apr 10, 2020, 7:15 AM [ in reply to Re: USAA Sent Me a Note Today Saying They Are Discounting My ]

I was very pleased with USAA insurance for 15+ years. Then tried to add a teenage driver to the policy, and suddenly they wanted my entire paycheck! Switched to GEICO... maybe not quite as easy to work with, but their rates were fair and I haven’t had any issues. They’re also offering a discount now too.

Stay away from the auto loans as well

Apr 10, 2020, 7:42 AM [ in reply to Re: USAA Sent Me a Note Today Saying They Are Discounting My ]

it took me 3 months of overpaying my auto loan to be informed all the overage was applied to the interest. Now I have to call every month to make sure it's applied correctly. I've purchased 10 cars in the last 20 years. I've never paid extra and had a loan holder do this. It has always been put towards the principal. They do not work this way. Almost $500 extra down the drain.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 9, 2020, 8:48 PM

State Farm announced the same thing today too

Apr 9, 2020, 10:57 PM

Nationwide too. $50 refund checks I saw.

Apr 9, 2020, 8:51 PM

"As part of GEICO's ongoing efforts to assist customers during this unprecedented time, we are announcing The GEICO Giveback which provides a 15 percent credit to all auto and motorcycle customers as policies come up for renewal, between April 8, 2020 and October 7, 2020. This credit will also apply to any new policies purchased during this period as part of our commitment to protecting the wellbeing of our customers".

The problem is I renewed my policy on March 31...fuQn a$$holes

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 9, 2020, 9:39 PM

Not GEICO I understand, but the date given in the USAA email is:

"Dear Fellow Member‚

We know the COVID?19 pandemic is having a financial impact, and we're taking action to ease the burden. Every member with an auto insurance policy in effect as of March 31, 2020, will receive a 20% credit on two months of premiums in the coming weeks. All told, we're returning about $520 million.

We're able to pass on those savings because your efforts to stay home during the pandemic have meant fewer drivers on the road, which means fewer accidents and claims.

You will receive a credit applied to your bill. There is no need to call or take any action."

When did the first stay-at-home orders start?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Apr 10, 2020, 6:28 AM [ in reply to Re: USAA Sent Me a Note Today Saying They Are Discounting My ]

If you renewed in March that means your next renewal will be in September where you will receive your discount.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Smelley, Garcia, and Beecher are going to lead you to 4-8." - york_tiger

I haven't gotten one of those letters from them. You

Apr 9, 2020, 9:16 PM

must be special.

Apr 9, 2020, 9:56 PM

We got same email today. USAA has been nothing but a pleasure for decades. Always very professional and honest. Solid folks and a solid organization.

Apr 9, 2020, 10:11 PM

Allstate is giving a 15% refund for April and May.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Yep I got it too. Several other insurers have already done it.

Apr 9, 2020, 10:31 PM

So one I think they felt they had to. But they also said since we are staying at home their are less accidents and thus less payouts. I do like me some usaa. A little upset they’re getting rid of their investment stuff though. It was nice to do everything on one screen.

Message was edited by: lovingit®

Apr 9, 2020, 11:24 PM

USAA has had my insurance for over 50 years. They don't get any better than those folks!

Apr 10, 2020, 1:51 AM

I've been with them 55 years myself. They have both home and car insurance.

2024 white level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

USAA is the best customer service ever.....

Apr 10, 2020, 1:31 AM

…...banking, insurance, investments, auto loans. Can't beat them. Thanks to my Dad's service I get the privilege.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

CU TLGTN

I've been with them over 51 years and wouldn't

Apr 10, 2020, 5:24 AM

think of changing firms.

After 40 years they call you a "Senior" member; after 50, you are a "Really Loyal Old Fart" member...a distinction of which I am proud...in a way. lol

Best part is you can get memberships for children and their children, which I did.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 10, 2020, 6:01 AM

I have USAA too. Love them.

Apr 10, 2020, 10:28 AM

same here. love these folks!! I get a little rebate every year applied to my premium, 'cause you and I are safe drivers.

I've been with USAA for 37 years...

Apr 10, 2020, 10:51 AM

They used to have the best rates on everything but have slowly lost their edge over the last 10 years. It used to be no one could match their insurance rates. That is no longer the case as there are a lot of insurers with better rates these days. I still get my car/home insurance through them because I've never had any troubles when filing a claim - no hassles and they are quick to make a payment. I figure it is worth a little extra to have an easy to use, responsive service that doesn't fight tooth and nail when I have a claim.

Like others have already stated - their Mortgage and Auto loans are not competitive - they always have the highest interest rates when I've shopped around for a loan in recent years.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 22
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic