Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
USA Today will get called out by ESPN for this
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

USA Today will get called out by ESPN for this

Oct 13, 2019, 1:22 AM

What this guy says about UGA and Kirby in this is beyond brutal.

Clemson beat UNC on the road. The Bulldogs lost to South Carolina at home. The Tar Heels beat the Gamecocks to open the season. Georgia was a 24-point favorite facing off against an opponent's third-string quarterback. If Clemson was drummed for getting past UNC, the Bulldogs should be the laughingstock of college football.

Oh, but they are. There's a word for what happened to Georgia on Saturday, and it's this: embarrassing. This was an embarrassing, humiliating loss if only for the simple fact that South Carolina entered the weekend having lost three of four against Bowl Subdivision competition while Georgia had been pegged as one part of the SEC's mighty threesome, joining Alabama and LSU.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/2019/10/12/college-football-winners-losers-led-georgia-oklahoma-week-7/3960251002/

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: USA Today will get called out by ESPN for this

Oct 13, 2019, 1:33 AM

Well, if it looks like dog poo, and it smells like dog poo, and it...you get the picture... there’s a big ole pile of steaming dog poo right smack dab in the middle of the SEC yard!

....every year...year after year....

...same old sh!t.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 13, 2019, 1:56 AM

But their recruiting will turn things around and get them over the hump.
Every. Year.

The embarrassment of losing to a team as bad as the Gamecocks, that must really, really sting.
The Gamecocks lost to UNC for Pete’s sake. And will lose to App State.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Oct 13, 2019, 2:25 AM

They ran Mark Richt off, who was a fine man and have nothing better to show for it.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Except that they've been recruiting champs!! LOL***

Oct 13, 2019, 3:00 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thanks

Oct 13, 2019, 1:57 PM

To their shady ### politicians lol

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Except that they've been recruiting champs!! LOL***

Oct 13, 2019, 2:30 PM [ in reply to Except that they've been recruiting champs!! LOL*** ]

You mean CHUMPS?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

the article is a little generous to us

Oct 13, 2019, 3:00 AM

We were not up 42-0 at halftime

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 13, 2019, 4:11 AM

He is just saying what everyone in the nation sees now and it cannot be denied. That’s why you can’t establish a narrative early in the season unless you don’t mind dying by it. ESPN and the SEC seem to have done that, although I do believe LSU is the real deal.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 13, 2019, 6:26 AM

I'm inclined to agree about LSU. But think about it--yet again, the SEC's power-status is based almost entirely on evaluations of intra-conference play. The only exceptions:
--LSU beat Texas, but Texas's defense is highly suspect (as is LSU's);
--Auburn beat Oregon (who has no signature wins--their #13 ranking is irrelevant);
--Florida beat Miami ('nuf said)
--UGA beating ND is maybe the best out-of-conference win, but the jury's out on ND, too.

I do think the top echelon of the SEC is a deeper than the ACC's; but I'm nowhere near ready to buy in (yet again) to the notion that the SEC is overhwelmingly superior. Talk about circular reasoning!

Oct 13, 2019, 7:40 AM

You just said 3/4 of the Top 10 isn’t proven good. Who the he’ll is good in your opinion then? Like 2 teams out of 130? By your logic we aren’t good either

Oct 13, 2019, 1:49 PM

Huh? Did you speed-read my post and miss the parts where I said that I agree that LSU's good and that the top echelon of the SEC is deeper than the ACC? I said *nothing* about anybody *not being any good.* If you actually try to understand what I wrote, you'll see that I'm talking comparatively, especially given the tendency for the ESPN talking heads to hype the SEC.

In the meantime, the polls show us losing ground (yet again) to Alabama. The usual weird SEC confirmation bias asserts itself again.

But if I must state it outright for your benefit, here it is: Bama's good; LSU's good; Georgia's good but apt to shoot themselves in the foot; Ohio State is good; Oklahoma's good.

And Clemson's just as good, likely better than all of them.

Oct 13, 2019, 7:50 AM

Nice to see some backlash for the obvious blatant SEC bias

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 13, 2019, 8:19 AM

Thanks for posting. Good read.

Wow. That writer absolutely blasts Kirby Smart.***

Oct 13, 2019, 8:40 AM

null

Oct 13, 2019, 3:06 PM

These ###### bags just want us to play Bamer first.

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic