Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
UMASS takes Pat Kelsey from Winthrop.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 1

UMASS takes Pat Kelsey from Winthrop.

Mar 21, 2017, 4:26 PM

Another name we could have gone after. Having watched him and Winthrop's rise to being a solid mid-major again closely over the past 5 years, he's going to be wildly successful.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

All is well..........We got BB

Mar 21, 2017, 4:33 PM

Just you wait and see. Daym, I just woke up!!!!!!!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

monter le cheval de fer
A coot will usually blink when hit in the head with a ball-peen hammer

Let him hone his craft at UMASS for a year...

Mar 21, 2017, 5:05 PM

and we can steal him away next year after Brad goes 13-20.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Let him hone his craft at UMASS for a year...

Mar 22, 2017, 7:15 AM

I think we need at least two more years to be absolutely sure Brownell can't win.

Message was edited by: ClemTig®

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Is anyone showing interest in CBB outside of DRad,..

Mar 21, 2017, 5:07 PM

wueagle86, and epifunny?

Re: Is anyone showing interest in CBB outside of DRad,..

Mar 21, 2017, 5:22 PM

Yes, UNCW actually mentioned his name in passing.

FWIW

Go Tigers!

That is interesting. You know what would be awesome..

Mar 21, 2017, 5:54 PM

if CBB made people like me who want him gone look like fools and he does an amazing job moving forward.

Re: UMASS takes Pat Kelsey from Winthrop.

Mar 21, 2017, 5:31 PM

You got me thinking about the coaches with success pretty close to Clemson and another name came to mind....Mike Young/Wofford.. he's had success getting to the tournament a time or 2

Mar 21, 2017, 5:46 PM

Mike Young was actually approached quietly by Clemson when Brownell was hired. Mike was not interested. Both Wofford teams are preparing to move into a top notch arena in the Fall of 2017 so I doubt Coach Young will want to move in the future.

Mar 21, 2017, 5:55 PM

Thanks for the information as I didn't know that. He's definitely a good coach and knows how to get the best out of his players. I've seen the construction going on and it looks impressive. Not sure if it has a slide or not?

Then Mike Young is a moron.

Mar 21, 2017, 9:43 PM [ in reply to Re: UMASS takes Pat Kelsey from Winthrop. ]

Unless his decision was based on something besides basketball.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Proverbs 16:18

Re: Then Mike Young is a moron.

Mar 21, 2017, 11:01 PM

You call my coach a moron, really.

He has been to the tournament 4 times in 6 seasons while coaching at the 2nd smallest NCAA school and graduating 96% of his players without the aid of a Parks and Recreation Management Major.

Re: Then Mike Young is a moron.

Mar 21, 2017, 11:26 PM

Also without the benefit of engineering or architecture majors

Look, Wofford COLLEGE is a fine, largely liberal arts, academic institution. But Clemson University and Wofford COLLEGE operate on two completely different levels as do their respective athletic departments...No one is casting aspersions on Wofford academics

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson is a much better basketball job than Wofford.

Mar 22, 2017, 8:57 AM [ in reply to Re: Then Mike Young is a moron. ]

But I'm sure he has other reasons he wants to stay at Wofford, such as liking the people, the school, Spartanburg, etc. - in which case that's obviously fine.

P.S. The Wofford board is that way -->

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Proverbs 16:18

they got "old man kelsey?"

Mar 21, 2017, 5:37 PM

did they get the "crick" and the "ocean" as well?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FWD4TKkEjr8

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

This is the guy we should've hired.

Mar 21, 2017, 10:32 PM

He's a star in the making and we got stuck with lame Duck Brownell. A huge swwing and miss by DRad.

Re: This is the guy we should've hired.

Mar 21, 2017, 11:05 PM

I believe Mike Young is a lifer at Wofford. He has been here almost 30 years, his wife has a fantastic career in Spartanburg and his kids have one home which is amazing for a basketball coach

Plus as mentioned Wofford is building an unbelievable arena on campus that will be among the best in the nation for small colleges. It is truly amazing. We should be able to step up recruiting. With the arena and the year around NFL facilities left by the Panthers gives Wofford unrivaled facilities in the So Con and FCS football level.

The new arena is going to be special and should take us to even higher levels. Not that 4 Dances for a school that used to compete in NAIA is anything to sneeze at.

https://www.wofford.edu/constructionupdates/RichardsonIndoorStadium/

Re: This is the guy we should've hired.

Mar 22, 2017, 7:26 AM

Man that looks nice. Thanks for the photos. Both Mike Ayers and Mike Young seem to be extremely happy because they've both been there for a significant amount of time. Terriers are fortunate to have loyal coaches that are also producers and graduating students at such a high level for such a small school. Is your Athletic Director for hire?

UMass isn't a destination job

Mar 21, 2017, 11:05 PM [ in reply to This is the guy we should've hired. ]

it's a step up from Winthrop. He can still be hired down the road

Maybe NEXT year?*****

Mar 22, 2017, 6:47 AM

In all seriousness

Mar 22, 2017, 7:37 AM

we have another year wait and that's it, presuming he doesn't deliver. Meanwhile we build the slush buyout fund and study the "names" much more, and be well prepared to make the leap into a new era. Coaching names are like nice perfect houses we want to buy. We may miss out on one for whatever reason, but there will always be the next perfect one to come along.

That's actually a pretty good analogy***

Mar 22, 2017, 9:21 AM

Replies: 21
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic