Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
UGAy doesn't even try to hide it
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 63
| visibility 1

UGAy doesn't even try to hide it

Dec 19, 2018, 9:19 PM

Nolan Smith showed off his new $60k Ford Raptor today.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Can you prove they gave it to him?

Dec 19, 2018, 9:21 PM

Curious

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Can you prove they gave it to him?

Dec 19, 2018, 9:35 PM

Smart has learned the ways of Saban u think?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 19, 2018, 10:40 PM [ in reply to Can you prove they gave it to him? ]

Should we even HAVE to prove the obvious?

I can't prove the sun set tonight, but if it looks like nighttime, it probably is.

Never mind UGA, if Saban wasn't so chummy with NCAA CEO Mark Emmert, Bama would've received the Death Penalty years ago. They're the MAFIA of college football.

what is the purpose of Kirby's law?***

Dec 20, 2018, 12:00 AM [ in reply to Can you prove they gave it to him? ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 20, 2018, 10:42 AM [ in reply to Can you prove they gave it to him? ]

It is not a gift. He got it on a lease for less per month than a tank of gas.

Re: UGAy doesn't even try to hide it

Dec 19, 2018, 9:42 PM

Dude a low end Raptor is $75K. the $60K base model comes with the standard F150 Eco-boost engine and shocks. $75K gets the performance package.

Dec 19, 2018, 10:42 PM

So much wrong I don’t know where to start. Go to ford.com and mess around with the configurator for the Raptor. Then let’s talk.

Dec 20, 2018, 12:19 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2013_nascar_champ.gif2014_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

...and the next five seconds? That right front took a hit.***

Dec 20, 2018, 6:35 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I am anti Ford.. but those Raptors are legit

Dec 20, 2018, 7:58 AM

The folks in Detriot drove one off the factory floor from Detroit to Baja.. raced in the baja 400, finished in the top20, and then drove it back to Detroit.

Truck is legit if you are an off roader. If you just driving around the streets it is nothing but a show of money.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

plus they only get about 10 mpg***

Dec 20, 2018, 8:16 AM

Better than my tahoe***

Dec 20, 2018, 9:17 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Re: plus they only get about 10 mpg***

Dec 20, 2018, 10:05 AM [ in reply to plus they only get about 10 mpg*** ]

Nah they get like 18, I get 10.8 in my truck and they’re a lot more fuel efficient with the new twin turbo set up than my truck.

My buddy has a 6.2 raptor. He gets 8 mpg***

Dec 20, 2018, 10:44 AM

Dec 20, 2018, 7:37 AM

This thread is being picked up by other forums. It's making all of us Clemson fans look like a lot racists....

Racists? Holy &$@% nice stretch there****

Dec 20, 2018, 7:42 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Racists? Holy &$@% nice stretch there****

Dec 20, 2018, 8:18 AM

You don't see how implying that a black family has a nice car so it must mean that someone gave it to them can be considered a bit racist by someone?

Dec 20, 2018, 8:32 AM

You don't think this forum would be doing the exact same thing if a recruit of any other nationality showed up in a 60k+ car the day after signing with a rival? What about when TLaw was pictured at that dealership with a nice car and other forums said we must be cheating, were they racist against whites? You're the only one(s) bringing race into it.

Dec 20, 2018, 8:40 AM

I actually didn't bring race into it. In fact, my first reply to this topic asked why a family with a kid going to college couldn't afford a car for their kid, and if being poor was a requirement to playing college football. I was only replying to someone saying this person was trolling by saying it could be racist to imply that the car had to be given to them. I can see how a person would take it to be racist to imply that this family couldn't possibly have purchased the car on their own.

I do agree that other fans would do the same, and it gets a bit old to me from all sides to be honest. I get that cheating happens out there, but I get tired of seeing fans from all schools point and say the other school must have bought a player every time a player commits somewhere besides their own school.

Dec 20, 2018, 9:00 AM

You weren't the first, but you continued the race thread, hence the 'one(s)' designation. TNet isn't a place for rational discussion, frothing homerism is sort of the point of this forum, and 99 times out of 100 everyone would have just agreed with OP and moved on. As you can see from my post numbers, I generally avoid getting involved, but this thread was so uniquely off-brand I had to comment.

Dec 20, 2018, 8:55 AM [ in reply to Re: Racists? Holy &$@% nice stretch there**** ]

You're absolutely right.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Depends..

Dec 20, 2018, 9:10 AM [ in reply to Re: Racists? Holy &$@% nice stretch there**** ]

If Dave Chappelle questions a black recruit with a 76k car, it's cool.

If spud does it, it's rassist.

Sayin

Dec 20, 2018, 9:13 AM [ in reply to Re: Racists? Holy &$@% nice stretch there**** ]

You freaking snowflakes. You see racism everywhere, every minute, every day. "Hey - you wrote that note to me in BLACK ink on WHITE paper! Is that a racist dog whistle??"

I'm waiting for the super-crazies to call for a ban on the song "White Christmas" because it's "not about snow at Christmas - it's a rallying cry to white nationalists!!"

Start thinking rationally & stop listening to your looney, lefto professors.

Dec 20, 2018, 9:40 AM

Think rationally? You can choose to not view this as racism, and perhaps it's not since I have no idea what's in the heart of the OP, but you think it's thinking rationally to see someone of any race driving a new car and automatically conclude the only way he has that car is because someone gave it to him to play football?

That's an opinion formed with zero knowledge of Nolan Smith's family, what they do for a living, or anything to do with their situation at all. Maybe his parents or someone else in the family makes a lot of money? Maybe his family saved up money since he was born to pay for college, and since they don't have to pay for college now they decided to buy him a car instead? The OP and everyone else implying cheating here has no way of knowing any of this, but instead decided to form the opinion that Georgia must have given it to him, and that's thinking rationally to you?

In terms of thinking rationally, can we start discussing things like mature adults again instead of jumping to calling people snowflakes every time we don't agree with something?

Dec 20, 2018, 10:20 AM

Thats an $800+ car payment, not including a lot more in insurance. You're looking at $1,000 per month alone in monthly car payments between insurance and loan.

How many families can afford that exactly?

Dec 20, 2018, 11:02 AM

Like I said, I don't know his family situation. A lot of families can't afford that. However, I'm sure many families can't afford whatever your car or house payment is per month either. Everyone's situation is different. Maybe they make enough to afford that? Maybe they saved up for college that they now don't have to pay for so they were either able to buy the car in cash, or at least put a large down payment on it.

Or maybe he doesn't own the car at all? Maybe he was posing at a dealership or in someone else's car? Didn't we have some players or recruits a year or so ago that other fans were accusing us of giving cars to because they took photos with some nice cars, and it turns out they had only taken some pictures with the cars at the dealership?

Or heck, maybe he was paid off? All I'm saying is it bothers me when people jump to conclusions based on things they have no knowledge of.

dont try and make this about race. jesus, I thought the kid

Dec 20, 2018, 1:13 PM [ in reply to Re: Racists? Holy &$@% nice stretch there**** ]

Was white anyway. I don't know anybody of any color that could afford that car for their 18 year old.

If I did they probably wouldn't spend that much on their kid's car anyway.

Dec 20, 2018, 10:58 AM [ in reply to Racists? Holy &$@% nice stretch there**** ]

Do you know what race the one's making the comments are? It is not a matter of the kid's race. It has to do with the fact that he is 18. Only a small percentage of really rich parents are going to buy their kid an equivalent vehicle at that age. I hope that is his situation, but his parents should understand that it was going to raise some eyebrows.

Dec 20, 2018, 11:05 AM

Just saw further down that his Dad played in the NBA, so it seems likely that his family likely falls into the really rich category. I did not know, and I doubt many of the posters did, either. I stand by my thoughts that most of the suspicion was due to his age and not his race.

Dec 20, 2018, 8:15 AM [ in reply to Re: UGAy doesn't even try to hide it ]

Pathetic troll attempt-

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No one said a word about race until you did u idiot.

Dec 20, 2018, 8:56 AM [ in reply to Re: UGAy doesn't even try to hide it ]

And other forums have a similar thread. Your coots do.

https://southcarolina.forums.rivals.com/threads/uga-commit-bought-ford-raptor-today.286973/page-2#post-4272208

Not until you mentioned that, for one I thought Nolan Smith

Dec 20, 2018, 9:05 AM [ in reply to Re: UGAy doesn't even try to hide it ]

was white. Do not know he is, and the name sounds like a white dude name so you are the one that projected race into this. Most of the racists in this world are the one that claim racism. IJS.... Look in the mirror.

Dec 20, 2018, 7:46 AM

Can you prove it? Look, I get it. Smells fishy. But some people have or come from money. Kids these days are spoiled and now his parents don’t have to pay for tuition, room/board, books etc that’s more than 75 over 4 years. Maybe it’s a gift. But likely a gift from his PARENTS. quit making us look paranoid.

Lots of kids drive $75000 cars to school***

Dec 20, 2018, 7:53 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 20, 2018, 8:05 AM [ in reply to Re: UGAy doesn't even try to hide it ]

fact of the matter is that uga or their boosters flew nolan home from school whenever he wanted to come home. be pretty easy to look it up. some of you googlers have at it. much like at the last minute cade mays family got a nice chunk of land down there for cade to hunt on. you can believe it or just stick your head in the sand. the ncaa does indeed have an idea what is going on down there. it dont happen overnight.

Dec 20, 2018, 8:16 AM [ in reply to Re: UGAy doesn't even try to hide it ]

CUinTampa said:

Can you prove it? Look, I get it. Smells fishy. But some people have or come from money. Kids these days are spoiled and now his parents don’t have to pay for tuition, room/board, books etc that’s more than 75 over 4 years. Maybe it’s a gift. But likely a gift from his PARENTS. quit making us look paranoid.

There have been rumors about Bama and UGA for years but to now, nothing has come out of it. I wasn't wealthy but very comfortable and I had an agreement with my daughter and son that if they got a scholarship to college, I would buy them a new car. My daughter got a track scholarship but decided not to take it (thus no car) and my son got a football scholarship, accepted it and got a new Mustang. A lot cheaper than paying for 4 years of college.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 20, 2018, 8:25 AM [ in reply to Re: UGAy doesn't even try to hide it ]

What's fishy to me is that this was posted 11 hours ago, fizzled out, and has suddenly in the past 30 minutes had a flood of posts defending UGA. TNet accuses other programs of cheating all the time, why is this the one post people have an issue with?

Dec 20, 2018, 8:30 AM

It's fishy to you that the post fizzled out during a time that many people are sleeping?

Dec 20, 2018, 8:34 AM

Way to deflect the point. And I know this forum trends older but I would think 9PM is pretty prime posting time.

Yea - his dad played 9 years in the NBA and now

Dec 20, 2018, 7:56 AM

doesn't have to pay for his son's tuition...

Are you confusing him with the Nolan Smith that was

Dec 20, 2018, 8:01 AM

drafted by the Trail Blazers in 2011?

Yes, it does appear that is the case. Thank you!***

Dec 20, 2018, 10:26 AM

Dec 20, 2018, 8:12 AM

So you're saying that no family with a kid going to play college football can afford nice things unless it's given to them by the school they're going to play for? Is it a requirement to be poor in order to play college football?

His Family didn't pay for his multiple flights home from IMG

Dec 20, 2018, 8:41 AM

They MIGHT have saved the $$$ to buy the car that way. Then again, nothing racist about saying a Staff that is recruiting 1980's style bought the dang car.

THERE'S a REASON CLEMSON STAFF WOULD NOT LET ANY UGA COMMITS ON CAMPUS THIS YEAR. Word is out.

Re: His Family didn't pay for his multiple flights home from IMG

Dec 20, 2018, 8:50 AM

So which Georgia commit wanted to visit here and was told he couldn't be our staff?

Smith & Walker

Dec 20, 2018, 9:01 AM

Smith even Tweeted out complaining BV didn't want him.

UGA Commits are Kryptonite,once they "ask" for something, they're not welcomed back.

Re: His Family didn't pay for his multiple flights home from IMG

Dec 20, 2018, 9:03 AM [ in reply to His Family didn't pay for his multiple flights home from IMG ]

So his family may have saved to buy the car but it's easier and more fun to just default that they're cheats?

Dec 20, 2018, 8:53 AM

This is the worst part of trying to engage on sites like this in football talk. Posters wanting to toss shade at other programs over recruitment and signings. SC does it to Clemson with the whole church thing and Clemson does it to UGA, apparently because Kirby raised the recruting over what Richt was doing. It's garbage. Dabo kills it every year, including pulling some of the best players out of Georgia. Not once have I ever assumed he had to cheat to do so.

Dec 20, 2018, 9:03 AM

But the hard, cold truth is Jawja pays recruits. Please don't sit here and tell us they don't. They do. Allbarn does as well.

Screw Calford.

Dec 20, 2018, 9:08 AM

And you know this how? The investigations division of TNET? Does the "cold, hard truth" of paying players include Clemson or only teams who compete with Clemson for players?

Dec 20, 2018, 9:29 AM

patience grasshopper. the ncaa moves at a snails pace.

Dec 20, 2018, 9:27 AM [ in reply to Re: UGAy doesn't even try to hide it ]

very good assumption. kinda funny when even cowherd calls uga out on his show. fact is, it is a good gamble on uga's part the way the ncaa is handing out penalties these days.

Dec 20, 2018, 9:50 AM

Well, if Cowherd says it...

Dec 20, 2018, 9:55 AM

my point exactly. if that idiot knows about it, it is out there.

Dec 20, 2018, 10:00 AM

My post was sarcasm.

Dec 20, 2018, 9:28 AM [ in reply to Re: UGAy doesn't even try to hide it ]

I have to agree with you. It's not a Clemson thing, but something that seems to come from fans of every school. I'm sure cheating happens out there all the time, but it gets old seeing the fingers pointed each time a major recruit lands somewhere. It gets old seeing every fan base feel their school is the only one out there doing things the right way.

It gets old seeing the double standards, aka when your school flips a player that was committed to another school it means their coaching staff are great recruiters who continued to work hard, but when a commit or heavy lean to their school flips and commits somewhere else then it's fishy that the player suddenly changed his mind so obviously he was paid.

Kinda have to agree with AFDAWG here.

Dec 20, 2018, 11:09 AM [ in reply to Re: UGAy doesn't even try to hide it ]

We shouldn't act like UGA isn't an appealing program. Maybe they do pay players...but maybe they don't. Who here has the proof? The burden of proof lies with the accuser.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg2012_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Kinda have to agree with AFDAWG here.

Dec 20, 2018, 11:21 AM

the burden of proof lies with the ncaa. if you do not think the ncaa is not snooping around then maybe you should remove your head from that sand.

Dec 20, 2018, 12:04 PM

So what is your source or evidence the NCCA is snooping around UGA? Are they snooping around all top 10 recruiting teams or only the teams you hope they are?

Dec 20, 2018, 12:06 PM

i dont need a source. and i could care less if you believe it or not.

Dec 20, 2018, 12:12 PM

No further questions, your Honor.

Here's an idea

Dec 20, 2018, 12:15 PM

win something with those super recruits

Make it idjit proof and someone will make a better idjit.

Nolan Smith has been trolling the internet recruiting

Dec 20, 2018, 9:49 AM

world since he's been on the scene. I wouldn't be surprised if this was just a goof to get all you crazies worked up.

Replies: 63
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic