Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
UGA has avoided playing BAMA over the years as well....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1

UGA has avoided playing BAMA over the years as well....

Feb 22, 2020, 2:47 AM

Since the formation of the SEC in 1932, 88 years have passed; and yet Georgia and Bama have only played 44 times. How's that even possible? Oh, now I see: BAMA won 30 of those 44 games and it looked like a sure loss. Yep, Georgia's good at avoiding teams like that.....

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: UGA has avoided playing BAMA over the years as well....

Feb 22, 2020, 6:57 AM

They also have the distinction of losing to Bama twice in the same year (2018).

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Feb 22, 2020, 7:26 AM

In the 87 seasons since the SEC formed Georgia and Alabama has played 69 times. Alabama leads 40-25-4.

In 1990 the SEC expanded to 14 teams and divided into two divisions. At that time the SEC was structured to where each team would play each team in there division annually, they where paired with playing their rival every year (Georgia plays Auburn), and they rotate playing the remaining six teams from the other division with home / home matchups. As a result, Georgia and Alabama (along with all other SEC East teams play twice every 12 years.

87 years since SEC formed
69 times Alabama and Georgia has played

12 times since Georgia and Alabama have played since split in divisions 29 years ago.

Thanks for making me and all other Clemson supporters so proud. (Yes, I am a life long Georgia fan and long term Clemson supporter. )

Feb 22, 2020, 7:52 AM

I thought of trying to explain the schedule but figured it wouldn't do any good. Brace yourself for a resonse referencing 1980 or "bag men."

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 22, 2020, 8:09 AM

That was my second point ... main point, his facts are wrong. lol

Feb 22, 2020, 8:13 AM

It was an odd thought to occur to him at 2:47am. Even odder he felt compelled to post it. I give him the benefit of the doubt and assume he was drunk.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Another UGA drunk on the board, wow...***

Feb 22, 2020, 1:28 PM

On the College Football Opponents site, it has Bama up

Feb 22, 2020, 9:37 AM [ in reply to Re: UGA has avoided playing BAMA over the years as well.... ]

40-24-3 over UGA.

BUT, here is the kicker.

From 1902-1965 Bama and UGA played 49 times. They did not play each other from 1965 until 1972. There were games in 1973, 1976, and 1977.

From 1977 to 2019, UGA and Bama have only played each other in 1984, 1985, 1990, 1991, 1994, 1995, 2002, 2003, 2007, 2008, 2012 (only because of the SEC title game), 2015, and 2018 CFP, and the 2018 SEC title game.

So, for the 42 season from after the 1977 season to the 2019 season, Bama and UGA have only played in 11 scheduled games. Even before the expanded SEC, from 1966 until 1992 and the 12 team SEC, Bama and UGA only played 8 times.

UGA had a steady diet of Ole Miss from 1966-2002 (every year). Vanderbilt every year from 1968 until today (again, 24 seasons of this was not part of the two divisions).

The toughest schedule in the SEC, by far, is Auburn. They have Alabama, LSU, UGA, A&M , and the rest of the West every year.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: On the College Football Opponents site, it has Bama up

Feb 22, 2020, 11:05 AM

Since 1901 Alabama has a 73% winning percentage ... please tell me who they have not "owned" in their history that they have played on a consistent basis ... don't give me a limited sample like the last four years ... being an engineer you know the problems with limited data samples.

Re: On the College Football Opponents site, it has Bama up

Feb 22, 2020, 11:07 AM [ in reply to On the College Football Opponents site, it has Bama up ]

So please let me know how Georgia can control the SEC schedule .. point of this thread is UGA is avoiding Alabama ...

Feb 22, 2020, 8:27 AM [ in reply to Re: UGA has avoided playing BAMA over the years as well.... ]

and I thought you were a Clemson fan that went to the Citadel.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 22, 2020, 9:00 AM

Life long Georgia fan (Dawg) that went to The Citadel (Dog) that is also a CU fan ... behind GA ... then The Citadel ...

Feb 22, 2020, 8:30 AM [ in reply to Re: UGA has avoided playing BAMA over the years as well.... ]

Even Simpler: Same reasons Clemson avoids UNC and UVA from the other division most years. Georgia's permanent cross rival from SEC West is Auburn and Bama's permanent cross rival from the East is Tennessee.

Feb 22, 2020, 8:53 AM

Just like every team in the coastal could play Clemson every year.... if they win.

UGA could play Bama just about every year... if they win.

Problem is Uga isn’t familiar with winning big games so they don’t play often.

Did you take math a the citadel as well? UGa has played...

Feb 22, 2020, 1:19 PM [ in reply to Re: UGA has avoided playing BAMA over the years as well.... ]

BAMA a total of 69 times combined since 1895. In the 87 years since the SEC was formed Georgia and Alabama have played 44 times. Bama leads 29-14-1 in those years.

Citadel Dawg check your stats...

Feb 22, 2020, 1:22 PM

:)...

Feb 22, 2020, 1:29 PM

I've always had a beef about this too. Neighboring states. They can darn sure always find Auburn though. Yeah big conf w rotation sch now. But what about years ago when they consistently ducked Bama

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

UGA has also ducked LSU over the years......

Feb 22, 2020, 1:34 PM

..but Citadel Dawg and afdawg will soon show up with some strange math and say something like "..in the 87 years since the SEC formed UGA has played LSU 118 times.."....

Re: UGA has also ducked LSU over the years......

Feb 22, 2020, 1:35 PM

SEC math... it just means more!

SEC: "The best math from the best mathematicians"...LOL...

Feb 22, 2020, 1:39 PM

..maybe Citadel Dawg and Afdawg were talking about the number of times they humped each other???? I was talking about a football game...

Replies: 19
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic