Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
UCF coaching search.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1

UCF coaching search.

Feb 14, 2021, 4:38 PM

A day after his hiring the AD made this comment about the search for the new HC: I'll go silent. I'll seclude myself. No statements, no interviews, no comments. When I've hired someone, I'll let you know.

Apparently, the is doing that quite well. I don't know if he is using a search firm, a small group of confidants, or just doing it by himself. But, there are no rumors of him contacting anybody much less interviewing anybody. Very unusual. Usually some agent will float a rumor that his guy is interviewing or something like that.

Now, to make this Clemson related....

Dabo tells the story of how he was hired by Gene Stallings:

Coach Stallings told me, 'You got the job. But if I hear you got the job, you ain't got the job. I've got some things I have to take care of. Then I'll announce you got the job. Got it?'

The AD could be pulling that play with the agents: Your guy is a candidate for the job. But if I hear he's a candidate for the job, he ain't a candidate for the job. Got it?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: UCF coaching search.

Feb 14, 2021, 4:46 PM

I hear you, but UCF ain’t no Alabama! And as my old preacher used to say, “ Yes, I said ain’t!”

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 14, 2021, 5:03 PM

Obviously Elliott like it has been for the last 35 coaching openings. :)

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 14, 2021, 6:01 PM

Elliott & Scott starring in The I-4 War!!!

Would love to see Gus there

Feb 14, 2021, 6:07 PM

Should be plenty of cross-over to his recruiting footprint and would give them some real authenticity when P5 programs are willing to schedule them.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 15, 2021, 3:49 PM

Malzahn is the guy.

I read in this morning's Orlando Sentinel that Malzahn had been offered the job. By noon it was official.

https://ucfknights.com/news/2021/2/15/gus-malzahn-named-ucf-head-football-coach.aspx

Feb 15, 2021, 4:30 PM

Maybe he can win them another self-declared national championship.

Feb 15, 2021, 5:37 PM [ in reply to Re: UCF coaching search. ]

Tennessee missed out on this guy. He wasn't that bad, had SEC experience and think he was 3-5 against Saban. What has Tennessee's record against Bama been last 10 years? I think Gus's problem at Auburn was the boosters got in his way.

This is a big upgrade for UCF

Feb 17, 2021, 12:10 AM

IMO, Josh Heupel is so overrated it ain't funny. Gus Malzahn is far from perfect but I'd take him a million times over Heupel.

UCF fans should be very happy about this. The main downside is Gus will bolt back to the big leagues in short order.

Replies: 8
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic