Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
U of SCAR back in the ACC?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 26
| visibility 1

U of SCAR back in the ACC?

Jul 25, 2019, 8:49 AM

There is a thread on FGF this morning about ESPN suggesting U of SCAR rejoin the ACC. Would we want them back in? When they were in the ACC, they whined constantly. They even quit because they could not meet the SAT requirements. It was a relief for everyone when they left. On the other hand, it would be funny to see how well they could compete against our "easy schedule."

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: U of SCAR back in the ACC?

Jul 25, 2019, 8:57 AM

They would only go on to be the doormat of a new league. They could win the Coastal every once in a while, but their state of mediocrity wouldn’t change.

And leave SEC $ on the table?

Jul 25, 2019, 9:01 AM

Even they wouldn't be that stupid. (I don't believe)

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: And leave SEC $ on the table?

Jul 25, 2019, 11:40 AM

They can't meet ACC standards

No.***

Jul 25, 2019, 9:10 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Lamecocks Back In The ACC

Jul 25, 2019, 9:37 AM

Personally I would love for moUSC to rejoin the ACC. It would be great for our "rivalry".
UofSUC is simply not good enough to compete in SUC football. They do compete in women's sports, as well as baseball (most years), but football and basketball are a laughing stock. Now don't get me wrong, they would still stink in the ACC in basketball, but would be a little more competitive in football. Overall I feel the ACC is a better fit for them.
All that being said... they may as well just stay in the SUC. We don't want our league tarnished (again) by a bunch of dirt peckers. I have talked myself out of this already. Just sayin...

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"If a pig had a better personality, he would cease to be a filthy animal."

Re: Lamecocks Back In The ACC

Jul 25, 2019, 11:45 AM

Real competitive , there bowl game with uva was outstanding

In their Dreams & Never gonna happen***

Jul 25, 2019, 9:24 AM

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's one little (read "big") problem with that.

Jul 25, 2019, 9:33 AM

They'd actually have to have admission standards.

(Which is why the left in the first place.)

I could see a positive scenario

Jul 25, 2019, 9:35 AM

Coots join the Coastal, ND's TV contract runs out and they join the Atlantic. Our SOS skyrockets after we A) play ND every year, B) replace motherfreaking GT with the coots as a cross-divisional rival, and C) use the freed up non-conference game to schedule better teams than the coots.

So many positives there. Imagine how elated the coots would be to win the coastal occasionally, only to be absolutely obliterated in the ACCCG. We wouldn't have to waste a week+ of proper defensive preparation time because of GT's high school bulls*** offense. More great home/aways appear on our schedule with teams like O310 State, Michigan, OU, Oregon, ect, AND we get to keep owning the SEC with our almost-annual non-coot game.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I could see a positive scenario

Jul 25, 2019, 10:06 AM

Not sure if you missed it but GT got rid of the coach that ran said highschool offense....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 25, 2019, 11:20 AM

And I wouldn't say that USuC is any better than GT. I think our SOS would stay about the same.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 25, 2019, 11:55 AM [ in reply to Re: I could see a positive scenario ]

That highschool offence is unstoppable when ran properly.

Discipline and intelligence

Jul 25, 2019, 9:36 AM

They take too much pride in being in the SEC for this to happen. Someone in the office/management of the SEC would have to insult them or make some mistake that would create enough support in the fanbase/alumni for this to even be a possibility.

Jul 25, 2019, 9:38 AM

https://www.tigernet.com/forum/thread/ESPN-Upstate-article-urging-U5Cjr-to-leave-the-SEC-1913188?tstart=0

This is the ESPN article that triggered all this stupidity............

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

In the rare event that they did win the Coastal

Jul 25, 2019, 9:39 AM

they would have the luxury of having us kick their chicken butt 2 weeks in a row.
That would be a "Win-Win" literally

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson Football, the glory days are here!

Re: In the rare event that they did win the Coastal

Jul 25, 2019, 9:49 AM

Its all about image at USuCk. They would never consider rejoining the ACC for that reason. They like to appear as a valued member of the SEC but they are not. They are laughed by many in the SEC.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

At least two (2) problems with that suggestion...

Jul 25, 2019, 9:58 AM

First, the league already has Louisville dragging down the academic standards. Based on the most recent US News rankings, uof5c would enter the league ranked 14th academically just slightly ahead of Louisville (15th if you include Notre Dame) so I doubt the ACC would want them.

Second, this would be tantamount to an acknowledgement by uof5c that leaving the ACC in the first place was a colossal mistake (which it was) and that they were never a good fit in the $EC; neither of which WILL EVER happen.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

If an SEC team went to the ACC, it would likely be Vandy

Jul 25, 2019, 10:08 AM

Vandy and ND would be great additions.

They were shutout 28-0 by the mid range team in the ACC

Jul 25, 2019, 11:25 AM

Don't think they should talk and might even want to shut their YAPPER

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 25, 2019, 11:38 AM

I’m old and occasionally have memory problems. Didn’t they apply to get back in ACC and were rejected before they got in SEC?

Jul 25, 2019, 12:18 PM

I do not know, but that sounds real familiar.

Jul 25, 2019, 12:18 PM [ in reply to Re: U of SCAR back in the ACC? ]

Two reasons this will likely never happen:
1) There is no way they give up the crutch of playing in the SEC. At least now they can boast that they play in the SEC despite the fact the cannot win in the SEC.
2) Doubt the ACC would want them as they add NOTHING to the league. Clemson already provides the TV viewership for this state and some of western NC. Adding usc to the league will not help with TV dollars. If you are going to add a team you need to add one that brings a ton of viewership so the TV revenue dollars increase. Same can be said for Clemson going to the SEC. Not suggesting it would happen but adding a team like Penn State to the ACC would add a HUGE TV market and a ton of dollars. If the SEC wanted to add more revenue they would not add Clemson, but adding NC State or Miami would give them all the revenue dollars from markets they currently do not have.

I know they were considering a request for re-admission...

Jul 25, 2019, 12:45 PM [ in reply to Re: U of SCAR back in the ACC? ]

and they probably had the votes to get in too, but that was right before Georgia Tech was accepted into the conference, which effectively ended any hope uof5c had of getting back in.

I don't recall a more recent request.

If the league is going to expand, my personal top two preferences would be Penn State and Vandy. From a national and branding perspective, Penn State is absolutely the best potential addition. Vanderbilt is basically Duke/Wake Forest 2.0, but they would be a good fit geographically and academically.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Jul 25, 2019, 12:34 PM

All this talk has Frank McGuire rolling in his grave.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 25, 2019, 12:58 PM

The ONLY thing that UofSuc clings to is that they are in the mighty SECondplace Conference. If they leave (or get run out), then they have NOTHING.

Be it the SEC Least, or the ACC Worstal, the Coots can't

Jul 25, 2019, 2:00 PM

handle either one.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 26
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic