Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
So basically the Trump selling point for reelection is this?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 38
| visibility 1

So basically the Trump selling point for reelection is this?

Sep 2, 2020, 1:36 PM

First, in 2016: "The Dems have screwed everything up. Vote for me and I'll make America great again."

And they did that.

Now everything has gone to hell in 2020, and his campaign boils down to, "This is Biden's America... which is happening under my presidency. Vote for me and I'll fix or prevent all this stuff that's happening during my campaign and that I'm not fixing at the moment."

And the GOP is like, "Yeah, no platform this year. Just gonna throw our support behind this guy."

That's it? If you vote Biden, we'll have more of the crap that's happening this year? Under the current Trump presidency?

Help a brother out.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

you take politics too literal

Sep 2, 2020, 1:42 PM

nobody means what they say

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

Oh, I know...

Sep 2, 2020, 1:49 PM

Especially Donald Trump. But that's an interesting selling point.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

Truth not facts***

Sep 2, 2020, 2:06 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Give hidin' Biden a break. He's running for senate after all

Sep 2, 2020, 2:35 PM

At least in his mind.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

Re: So basically the Trump selling point for reelection is this?

Sep 2, 2020, 1:44 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Typically Libs. Flag is hanging backwards.***

Sep 2, 2020, 1:47 PM

here's one...

Sep 2, 2020, 2:20 PM [ in reply to Re: So basically the Trump selling point for reelection is this? ]

I know NYC is a small city so there aren't a lot of options, but is there anything more divisive and PETTY than painting Black Lives Matter on the street right in front of Trump Tower.

But only Trump is the childish one.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't think that's petty at all.

Sep 2, 2020, 2:29 PM

But I also don't see "Black Lives Matter" as anything but an insistence for equal treatment. And that's a function of perspective, and you probably hear those words a lot more harshly than I do based on your perspective.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

those words don't bother me at all...

Sep 2, 2020, 2:36 PM

and I don't think they bother Trump...but hard for me to believe that putting it there wasn't DeBlasio's way of giving Trump the finger.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I understand. I don't know about his intent.***

Sep 2, 2020, 3:26 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

and neither do I

Sep 2, 2020, 3:30 PM

I am assuming

Sep 2, 2020, 2:02 PM

I will try to penetrate the liberal echo chamber and get the message across.

Trump has done much of what he said he would do before being elected
-Begin to fix China situation.
-NAFTA fix
-The wall
-Reasonable supreme court nominee and filling judge positions
-Talked Rocket Man down from the cliff
-Supported national defense with budget
-Huge mid-east victory with UAE-Israel
-Pulling troops home
-Got NATO countries to pay their fair share (or move toward it)
-Eliminated a bunch of uncessary gov't regulation which freed up businesses
-Reduced taxes significantly
-the two above led to strongest stock market and lowest employment in the history of the US

I mean really...are you blind to these things? The platform is we can return to common sense and do more of the above have less freedom, have fewer jobs, invest in green technology that will NEVER work (and sweep it under the carpet when the businesses go under), pay more taxes, grow the cancerous federal gov't, ...

It's all right here. 46 elements and not one of them says National Defense.

https://joebiden.com/joes-vision/

Hold up.

Sep 2, 2020, 2:50 PM

All that crap you posted:

That's irrelevant to my post. That's not what Trump is harping on in his ads or at the RNC.

He's claiming that the hell we have right now would be Biden's America, but it's happening under him. He's treating current problems as if they were Biden's.

most reasonable people understand...

Sep 2, 2020, 2:07 PM

that Trump neither invented the pandemic nor the broken system that leads to inequity and injustice.

Conversely, no reasonable person thinks Biden created the pandemic. It is debatable as to whether he would have handled it better. He has the advantage of not actually having to handle it.

On the systemic problems, <4 years compared to >47 years, it can be reasonably assumed that maybe Biden has a little more to do with it.

I'm of the opinion that these broken systems do not get fixed overnight, but certainly more could have been done in 47 years. A good start would be to provide more job opportunities for minorities, increase funding for HBCs, and creating incentives for businesses in underprivileged neighborhoods. If only somebody would figure that out.

Now I don't think Trump gets the 30% of the black population like some are indicating, but I have never seen so many black people jumping the democrat ship.

U nailed the main topic/accomplishment the Democrats ignore

Sep 2, 2020, 2:38 PM

regarding minorities b/c it ruins their "racist republican" narrative.

"A good start would be to provide more job opportunities for minorities, increase funding for HBCs, and creating incentives for businesses in underprivileged neighborhoods."

Knowing that Biden publically took the opposite side...

Sep 2, 2020, 2:47 PM [ in reply to most reasonable people understand... ]

to every major decision Trump has made creates a situation making it impossible to know what Biden would have done. At the time Biden was courting the Berniebros but even then democrats continued to behave in ways which showed they did not think the virus was deadly, including Joe Biden.

NYC and San Fran held and encouraged gathering in celebration of Chinese New Year Feb 9. New Orleans held and promoted Mardi gras which was held on Feb 25th.

"On Jan. 17, the CDC and the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) announced that American citizens returning from travel-restricted countries were being rerouted to specific airports, where they would be screened and isolated."

Trump banned casual travel from China on Jan 31 and declared a national health emergency. Yes, I'm saying this again. Joe called him a xenophobe. Dems ignored the warnings and did things which promoted the spread of the disease.

Is it necessary to speculate on what Joe might have done when it's obvious that he either lied all along or he's lying now. The only legitimate criticism for Trump is to claim he waited too long to do the right thing.

Why haven't the dems figured this out yet? Nominating Hillary then Joe?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: most reasonable people understand...

Sep 2, 2020, 2:54 PM [ in reply to most reasonable people understand... ]

I'm not claiming he is to blame for the pandemic or the broken system. I argue he hasn't made the situations better and even made them worse, but I'm not holding him to blame for it.

I'm criticizing this bizarre and absurd campaign strategy.

I understand...

Sep 2, 2020, 3:08 PM

they are selling where we were before COVID and riots.

We can say that's a ridiculous stance, but I THINK most people are watching these cities where local politicians are allowing chaos to go on for weeks and months, and in some cases celebrating it (see CHAZ), and associating this with democrats. Polls seem to indicate this. Not saying right or wrong, but if the polls are showing that, I think it's a good play to highlight that.

I think the GOP would also be wise to continue to highlight the programs for minorities that I noted. Based on the direction we were heading before all hell broke loose, I would love to see what 4 more years of doing that as opposed to 47 more years of what we were doing.

Maybe just my bias playing in, but the contrast seems pretty clear.

Sep 2, 2020, 2:19 PM

Translation for the simple minded....

The economy was setting records by most metrics before the China Virus came in 2020. Since then we have seen Looting and rioting in every major city. This chaos is happening in mostly democratic cities and states and is being committed by Biden supporters. If you elect a democrat in 2020 (Biden), this chaos will continue.

Also, I can’t do much at the moment because leftist governors and mayors are refusing help. If I sent the national guard anyway, leftist psychos like catahoula will call me a fascist

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 2, 2020, 2:24 PM

So you're saying it's all out of his control and he can't fix it or lead us out of it.

He can, but not until after November 3. You see, his hands are tied

Sep 2, 2020, 2:33 PM

right now and he can’t fix it, but that all changes after reelection. Suddenly he will have new abilities that he doesn’t have now, which will allow him to fix the situation. Just vote for him and then you’ll see.

Re: He can, but not until after November 3. You see, his hands are tied

Sep 2, 2020, 2:51 PM

Sounds like he just considers those cities and states as a different country.

No, olemike, you're failing to address the point.

Sep 2, 2020, 2:51 PM [ in reply to Re: So basically the Trump selling point for reelection is this? ]

Trump isn't running on accomplishments. He's running on fear of Biden and claiming that these problems now are Biden's America, and he's the one who can fix it.

And the entire doomsday DNC was "we're not Trump"

Sep 2, 2020, 2:29 PM

And its "we", because a vote for Biden for president is really a vote for Kamala Harris for president.

I watched about 3 hours of that convention and they painted the US to be a failing society, and the fix was voting in in Biden/Harris...with no real suggestion "how" they would fix it.

It's ALL bullshiit.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: And the entire doomsday DNC was "we're not Trump"

Sep 2, 2020, 2:33 PM

I don't think Harris will ever be president for even a day in her lifetime.

local news cited a poll...

Sep 2, 2020, 2:33 PM [ in reply to And the entire doomsday DNC was "we're not Trump" ]

not sure which poll because I was halfway listening. It showed Trump up about 9% in Georgia. The same poll considered people who watched both conventions - the spread was about 13% in favor of Trump.

I'm not much of a poll follower, but I thought the difference was interesting.

But that's predictable, no?

Sep 2, 2020, 2:52 PM [ in reply to And the entire doomsday DNC was "we're not Trump" ]

Isn't the challenging party going to attack the incumbent and claim they can make it all better? That makes sense, and if Biden were currently president and Trump was challenging him, this current campaign strategy would make sense.

But he's running now as if Biden is the president and the problems exist under him.

Re: But that's predictable, no?

Sep 2, 2020, 3:03 PM

He alone can fix the problems created while he is in office. Without a Trump victory in November it will look like it does now. Do you want more of that? If you don't like what you are seeing, vote Trump.

Please list the major republican run cities that have been

Sep 2, 2020, 2:34 PM

destroyed by riots.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

also, please list the major republican run cities

Sep 2, 2020, 2:35 PM

I got nun

badge-donor-05yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-conservativealex.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Beat me to it***

Sep 2, 2020, 2:37 PM

List all of the major republican run cities.***

Sep 2, 2020, 2:36 PM [ in reply to Please list the major republican run cities that have been ]

Here ya go.

Sep 2, 2020, 2:39 PM

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_mayors_of_the_50_largest_cities_in_the_United_States

Yeah, OK City is on FIRE!

Re: Here ya go.

Sep 2, 2020, 2:53 PM

Miami has a Republican mayor. The place is kind of a dump overall.

Just the mayors?

Sep 2, 2020, 2:55 PM [ in reply to Here ya go. ]

You do know not every city operates in a strong mayor system, and some of them are more beholden to city councils, right?

I hope I don't have to explain that.

hey Libby

Sep 2, 2020, 2:57 PM [ in reply to Here ya go. ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

Name any American city that has been destroyed.

Sep 2, 2020, 2:54 PM [ in reply to Please list the major republican run cities that have been ]

I think Sherman burned down a few a while back.

That and watching the media and

Sep 2, 2020, 2:52 PM

Hollywood elitists go into nuclear meltdown .... again

Gonna be some folks moving to Canada

Replies: 38
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic